Targa Florio, This sim begs for it IMHO

I didn't do a search of the forum and this may have been asked before and not being a track maker myself, but full well knowing how hard it is, has Targa ever been thought of to at the very least converted to Assetto Corsa?

I've only had the sim a few days and am truly loving the time I get to spend with it, I've done laps in RF at Targa and have done a lap or two already at Neckerchiefe that comes with the A.S., but the inner sim racer in me would love to take on Targa in A.S.

Yes, there are at least two version around, both based on the same GPL (I think) mod. But the sheer size of it is going beyond the limits of AC, its jiggly as **** and low speed physics have issues.

One version was almost finished before internal disputes in the team stopped it dead in its tracks (but there's a version you can find via google, I won't link as it was never intended to be released and may go against this site's rules), the other was made by Simtraxx and as such will never see a release (as that group has basically never released a finished track) and, in its 30% finished state, is hidden behind a paywall.

On their business model and their tendency to start new projects left and right without bringing much if anything out of beta, not the quality of their content necessarily.
Quality isn't that good either. Their "better" tracks are just reworked conversions of someone else's work. Their "scratch" work is just a disaster in how they are assembled and not optimized at all. Was very close to helping them out but overall their business practice was just terrible. Then after looking over all the work they wanted me to add "quality" to I decided to stay far far away. I suggested to throw away most of the circuits as they were not worth saving given the condition they were in.

Thanks for the heads up! I love these old European tracks that are long, very long, where motor racing started.
You may try also these (shorter!) historic tracks:
Historic Donington: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/donington-park-grand-prix-circuit-1938.17313/
Historic Le Mans: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/le-grand-circuit-1967.17288/
Charade: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/charade-_spc2018.19689/

Also, you can google "AC track reboot", that website has some more good track conversions, including the 14 km historic Spa!

Sergio Loro has released a few historic tracks: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/authors/sergio-loro.170907/

Besides, there are many good mod tracks for AC here on RD, here a list by rating:
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/categories/ac-tracks.8/?order=rating_weighted

Last edited:
...the other was made by Simtraxx and as such will never see a release (as that group has basically never released a finished track) and, in its 30% finished state, is hidden behind a paywall.
Why is this? To keep people subscribed to their newsletter in the hope that one day a track will be finished?
I notice that they have claimed that some finished tracks will be released soon here on Race Department - has that ever happened in the past?
Does anyone have a list of Sim Traxx tracks? I'm just curious as to whether I actually own any of them, finished or not.

Why is this? To keep people subscribed to their newsletter in the hope that one day a track will be finished?
I notice that they have claimed that some finished tracks will be released soon here on Race Department - has that ever happened in the past?
Does anyone have a list of Sim Traxx tracks? I'm just curious as to whether I actually own any of them, finished or not.
https://www.racedepartment.com/search/26482037/?q=traxx&t=resource_update&o=relevance&c[rescat]=8

8 tracks released here on RD, a single one is "1.0 RC", Hong Kong ePrix, which is in their own words no true V1.0 either, just a Release Candidate you throw out for final bug testing and fixing..

The small grey "Resource" and "Resource Update" on the right will also show you that only a single release of them, the Peyre rally course, has ever received an update. The rest has never left the stage it was initially released in.

Or maybe it did, but is hidden behind the "donationware" paywall.

https://www.racedepartment.com/search/26482037/?q=traxx&t=resource_update&o=relevance&c[rescat]=8

8 tracks released here on RD, a single one is "1.0 RC", Hong Kong ePrix, which is in their own words no true V1.0 either, just a Release Candidate you throw out for final bug testing and fixing..

The small grey "Resource" and "Resource Update" on the right will also show you that only a single release of them, the Peyre rally course, has ever received an update. The rest has never left the stage it was initially released in.

Or maybe it did, but is hidden behind the "donationware" paywall.
So I guess they might finish tracks, but only for subscribers? And they only post incomplete ones on RD as clickbait to get more subscribers?

I saw a post by Simtraxx on their FB page that indicated they were LASER scanning The Transgararsan, lol

:rolleyes::whistling:

I was always put off by their demands for 5 star ratings on the tracks they posted on RD, regardless of how many issues the track had. They wanted ratings on credit I guess, based on fixes they were planning to do in the future, HAHAH. :thumbsdown:

Last edited:
So I guess they might finish tracks, but only for subscribers? And they only post incomplete ones on RD as clickbait to get more subscribers?
Complete opposite. You pay to be part or beta. 1.0 is free. Hence why 1.0 is rarely achieved.

I saw on their FB that button willow will be on RD in July. That was one of the ones I told them wasn't worth saving. I'm curious to see what they did to it if anything. The pics they posted it still looks sub par.

Complete opposite. You pay to be part or beta. 1.0 is free. Hence why 1.0 is rarely achieved.

I saw on their FB that button willow will be on RD in July. That was one of the ones I told them wasn't worth saving. I'm curious to see what they did to it if anything. The pics they posted it still looks sub par.

Back in April they posted a few pics of some tracks they said would be available in May on RD, hahaha. :whistling:

Individual track makers on this forum have better output than Simtraxx which is supposed to be a team of people. Seems like one big grift !!

I didn't do a search of the forum and this may have been asked before and not being a track maker myself, but full well knowing how hard it is, has Targa ever been thought of to at the very least converted to Assetto Corsa?

I've only had the sim a few days and am truly loving the time I get to spend with it, I've done laps in RF at Targa and have done a lap or two already at Neckerchiefe that comes with the A.S., but the inner sim racer in me would love to take on Targa in A.S.
I'm a huge Targa Florio fan as well and I bought the Sim Traxx version. Sure its not 100% but I use it all the time and love it.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back