tapatalk?

Does that mean that it will be a version that works within mobile browsers or will it work with tapatalk or similar apps (or even is own standalone app)?
Part of the reason I miss tapatalk is due to the app notifications etc, which AFAIK can't be done if it's within the browser.

I came into his thread, after searching if there is any way to connect racedepartment.com to tapatalk. It seems that it has been a long time since the last post...

So, neither tapatalk plugin, nor an RD app for mobile devices yet... I wish I had my notifications from RD forum on tapatalk rather than spamming my mailbox... Well? Are there still issues with the plug in after 2,5 years?

I came into his thread, after searching if there is any way to connect racedepartment.com to tapatalk. It seems that it has been a long time since the last post...

So, neither tapatalk plugin, nor an RD app for mobile devices yet... I wish I had my notifications from RD forum on tapatalk rather than spamming my mailbox... Well? Are there still issues with the plug in after 2,5 years?
We do not support access via Tapatalk and have not done since we left vBulletin some years ago. Instead we now offer our responsive styling which adapts to mobile and tablet browsers natively.

Push notifications is something we may look at in the future but for the moment there is no concrete plan for them.

You could always just create a separate gmail account that only use for RD, that way you still get your notifications but don't have to worry about it spamming your regular email. It's free to create a gmail account and you can change your contact email in your RD account settings.

Well, thanks for the "hint", but it is not really what I had in mind... My problem is that as I am quite lazy, I find it very annoying to have to perform one or two more additional clicks, open a new tab and then scroll down to check the new posts... :D

You know, some say that innovation is the result of laziness, and there are some good examples that proves it... For example, many forums send e-mail notifications with the actual post included inline in the e-mail. That would be great (and easy to implement for the most programmers)!;)

Well, thanks for the "hint", but it is not really what I had in mind... My problem is that as I am quite lazy, I find it very annoying to have to perform one or two more additional clicks, open a new tab and then scroll down to check the new posts... :D

You know, some say that innovation is the result of laziness, and there are some good examples that proves it... For example, many forums send e-mail notifications with the actual post included inline in the e-mail. That would be great (and easy to implement for the most programmers)!;)

I'm lazy too, I just open the page in Safari when I'm outside having a smoke and just click on the little alerts tab if it shows I have alerts, and when I click on it I'm automatically taken to the new post. Much less effort to do it all at once than every time I get a notification. ;)

I'm lazy too, I just open the page in Safari when I'm outside having a smoke and just click on the little alerts tab if it shows I have alerts, and when I click on it I'm automatically taken to the new post. Much less effort to do it all at once than every time I get a notification. ;)

Yes, same approach here. But then, After checking all the new alerts from the little alerts tab, I have to go back to mail app and delete all the relevant e-mails from my mailbox! I could disable e-mail notifications, but in this case I would loose the push notifications and I could not reply to you as fast as I do right now :) (which would not be an issue if rd was in tapatalk, since tapatalk provides "push" services). Anyway, I believe that I can live with this issue... :p

Yes, same approach here. But then, After checking all the new alerts from the little alerts tab, I have to go back to mail app and delete all the relevant e-mails from my mailbox! I could disable e-mail notifications, but in this case I would loose the push notifications and I could not reply to you as fast as I do right now :) (which would not be an issue if rd was in tapatalk, since tapatalk provides "push" services). Anyway, I believe that I can live with this issue... :p

That's why I made my first suggestion, create a separate email account for your RD account, that way you still get your notification and can reply quickly but don't have to worry about going and cleaning it out. Best of both worlds! :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back