Tapatalk

Tapatalk is a custom build solution that is not officially linked to vbulletin or the code we write ourselves. I doubt it will ever be compatible.

Time for a RaceDepartment App? :)

Also in the coming days Ill have a look how to make a mobile style for the forum. That should decrease the loading times dramatically for people that visit us on a mobile device. I absolutely love Tapatalk on 3G but the downside of the software is that you cannot view or comment on the frontpage.

An app however is very costly. Around 199 dollars for the vbulletin app software I believe. Will have a look and a word with Ramon if we have some money left to invest in an app.

Tapatalk works well enough for what I use it for - the only things bothersome are the scripts not working and the way the sticky threads are presented separately (though the 'participated' feature is nice).
Usually connect over Wi-fi or 3G/4G, so speed isn't a problem unless I'm out in the countryside (where it's so slow as to be not worth the bother anyhow - for almost any site) - so I can always bring up the site in the browser if I really want to sign up for something before I get to a PC (just because you want to not forget it), but that would be unusual.

Given the numbers moving to mobile (myself I use my PC's a bit less then I used to) it may be worth the investment, if not now then later when more are accessing that way - as of now I think tapatalk is a good (if paid) solution.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 71 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 381 39.7%