Take-Two Interactive To Purchase Codemasters

• Deleted member 217114

Dirt Rally was the last masterpiece of Codies. Everthing then went downhill. pCars 3 and Dirt 5 were the lowest they could go. RIP Codies. MTX, DLC and what not will galore. Dirt Rally 2 had already a weird DLC-policy with Deluxe stuff and all that. so yeah. I bet the owner of Codies was tired of gaming and wanted to cash, so he could live the rest of his life worry-free.

If the purchase is finalised, I look forward to F1 2K21 with the legendary edition including the Undertaker wrestler.

tripletaker5.jpg

And in the meantime, Gran Turismo only stays on Playstation... and prevents the studio from preventing other players from enjoying it... in short, it's shameful.

As for this purchase, if one day a car game comes out with the Project Cars 3 engine, the career mode of F1 games, a career with a mafia scenario with low blows, betrayals, sabotage, etc. and in RV, then yes, we could spend even more of our lives in what would be a new kind of car game...

RIP Codemaster. Take Two is one of the worst companies in terms of business models. Expect to see loot boxes or cars cost as much as rf2 or iracing.

This is the company that thought that they are under monetizing the players with their aggressively monetized games like GTA Online or their horrible sports games.

Thank you for all the fun, codemasters and sms. You guys are screwed under greedy take two.

In the end, there will be only one corporation. It will own everything — including you.

We FF7 now.

As for this purchase, if one day a car game comes out with the Project Cars 3 engine, the career mode of F1 games, a career with a mafia scenario with low blows, betrayals, sabotage, etc. and in RV, then yes, we could spend even more of our lives in what would be a new kind of car game...

So, Blitz: The League with racing instead of handegg?

Is anyone aware if the new owners are familiar with mice, VR and FFB ?

All they are aware of is how much money they can squeeze from the player base via shady in game currency and MyTeam gambling mechanics. I'd like to be joking but the last 4-5 years has seen a massive shift of focus from gameplay, realism and enjoy-ability to how much they can get away with extorting players money.

Their PC versions of their NBA 2k franchise is just a console port with basic mouse support (but that is about it)

Didn't Codemasters also recently get the WRC license from 2023?

So future F1 and WRC games being overseen by the guys who bring us GTA, lol. Career modes will be interesting,
lol.

With Take 2 owning 2K, we might see the Codemasters titles coming out as F1 2K21 and WRC 2K23 seeing this is how their sporting titles seem to get released, lol.
Now f12020 has too many contents and too many bugs. In just one year, it will become the old game and lose the power to play

Yes, disgusting behavior. The f12020 obviously learned from them, so I won't buy the f12021 again, which disappoints me
All they are aware of is how much money they can squeeze from the player base via shady in game currency and MyTeam gambling mechanics. I'd like to be joking but the last 4-5 years has seen a massive shift of focus from gameplay, realism and enjoy-ability to how much they can get away with extorting players money.

Their PC versions of their NBA 2k franchise is just a console port with basic mouse support (but that is about it)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 194 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 251 13.4%