Take a Tour of St. Petersburg in Latest ETS 2 Preview Trailer

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ETS2 Beyond the Baltic Sea 2.jpg ETS2 Beyond the Baltic Sea 3.jpg ETS2 Beyond the Baltic Sea 4.jpg ETS2 Beyond the Baltic Sea 5.jpg ETS2 Beyond the Baltic Sea 1.jpg ETS2 Beyond the Baltic Sea 6.jpg
European Truck Simulator 2 continues to receive much love from SCS Software, as can be seen by the new preview trailer for the upcoming 'Beyond the Baltic Sea' DLC.

The 'Beyond the Baltic Sea' map expansion for European Truck Simulator 2 is scheduled to release later this year, and with it will come the three Baltic states of Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia, with the south of Finland and parts of Russia set to be included in the latest release for this hugely popular truck driving game franchise.

With Russia the focus of attention in the new trailer at the head of this article, SCS Software have revealed a nice video of the St. Petersburg region that will form part of the upcoming DLC - showcasing a visually stunning area that will surely become one of the most popular cities within the sizable expansion DLC.

According to SCS Software, the St. Petersburg Western Diameter has proven to offer up plenty of challenges for the studio, with SCS keen as always to capture the unique flavour and details of the regions in which it visits with both the ETS2 title and the more recent American Truck Simulator game:

"(as) second largest city in Russia with over 5 million inhabitants, its size and its location on the Neva river just at the head of the Gulf of Finland proved to be a difficult task for the map design team. With the scale of our virtual world, we need to distil the essence of real-world locations down to the most characteristic elements along the path the player will travel"

With so many huge pieces of architecture competing for our attention, both historic landmarks as well as modern transport infrastructure, we had to make some tough choices. Hopefully, the local patriots will be fine with our selection. As the main artery road passes through densely populated areas, we had to use every trick in the book to build and optimize the city for the game. In particular, the integration of the Western High-Speed Diameter was a real challenge. It's very new, and initially, we had troubles finding the necessary photo references to it. We have done our best to squeeze enough of it into the in-game city plan to make the right impression of its size and its aesthetics.

I'm sure SCS Software will have once again done a commendable job with the new DLC, and I for one am very much looking forward to what they have achieved when it releases later this year.

American Truck Simulator and European Truck Simulator 2 are available to purchase for PC right now.

ETS2 Beyond the Baltic Sea 7.jpg

Like to go big rigging across the highways of the USA? Fancy sharing your experiences with your fellow community members and taking in all the latest news regarding both games? Well join up with our European Truck Sim 2 and American Truck Sim sub forums and get involved with the community today!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Like the look of the Beyond the Baltic Sea DLC for ETS2? Enjoying the sim so far? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I seriously don't get these games. I hate driving in traffic as I assume everyone does, why would I want to do that in a game? Seems more like boredom simulator.
Buy it and try it .....

Its awesome.

There's a ton of features they could implement cab side, reversing cameras, left turn cameras, white line warnings sounds and a boss phoning every 2 minutes asking where you are.

Buy it and try it .....

Its awesome.

There's a ton of features they could implement cab side, reversing cameras, left turn cameras, white line warnings sounds and a boss phoning every 2 minutes asking where you are.

Unless you own your own truck then you just have to talk to yourself :( haha

I find ETS2 really relaxing, apart from when mods make it crash because they dont get updated to run on latest version, other than that its awesome. Im hoping after this expansion they might work to get a few newer trucks in, also if they were to officially add rigids it would open up even more possibilities, like concrete delivery as well as multidrop

It is a strangely addictive game, I'm closing in on the "journey to the moon" WOT achievement (I wish the old mileage counted)...not sure if I'll be alive to get the million KM one!!!

I also get addicted to mapping all roads (which is getting harder and harder as it grows and they adjust a small area/junction somewhere obscure!).

It'll be weird not having a clue what the road signs say in the new DLC though! ;)

I enjoy cruising down from Oregon on a long haul job listening to real radio (plugin) which changes station as you travel. Some great country music to listen too. Very relaxing.

I seriously don't get these games. I hate driving in traffic as I assume everyone does, why would I want to do that in a game? Seems more like boredom simulator.

It is hard to explain, and I kinda said the same thing when I first saw these titles available. But my lord ETS2 and ATS are two of the best sims of any kind available. especially if you play with sim racing gear clutch/shifter. It's relaxing and atmospheric, and the map and time is condensed enough that it doesn't get boring, at least not for me and most, even the longest hauls take about 20-30 minutes

Check the steam reviews, most say some variant of "I can't believe I love this game, but I do..." and overall 96% positive. It's legit and no fluke, but like them, I can't really fully explain it either.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back