RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Name on RD forum: Christopher Buchanan
Name in game: Christopher Buchanan
Your Country: USA
Car: Chevrolet Lacetti
Special remarks: Hopefully one of the last weeks I'm on the Joypad but until I get my room in the basement back I'm gonna just let it ride baby!!!

• Marcos Ascensao

That was Rafael Barbosa , Yves . I watched you 2 for a few laps after i spun the Viper and abandoned the race . Thumbs up for the both of you !

Just because i like racing with you guys ( the fact that i didn't finish the last 2 events also helps :becky:).

Name on RD forum: Marcel vd Aa
Name in game: Marcel vd Aa
Your Country: The Netherlands
Car: Seat Leon
Special remarks: Will step aside if needed

Qual - 3rd
Finish - 3rd (Accident)

Well, the second time for me to start 3rd in the field. Qualify went well for me starting at 3rd, if it wasn't for Gary I would've started 2nd. Chris stated that he wasn't a quick starter and I almost had the jump on him at the start, but I say Gary coming up on my left and backed off the throttle and managed to stay ahead of him going into Druid's. From there I saw the club cars getting farther behind me and Chris getting farther ahead of me. I decided that if I kept an even pace I could actually finish 2nd. I was second for most of the race until I decided to pit around 29 minutes in and change tires and get fuel and fix the front aero damage I recieved after saving the Audi from totally smacking the wall at Paddock Bend, that was when Chris and Gary passed me and I was now in 3rd. Chris kept pulling away from me and I thought for sure he would be the only car on the lead lap. I just wanted to finish on the lead lap too, so I knew he would have to pit and I could take my lap back. Gary managed to pit and I took second back still a lap down. Chris pitted with about 15 minutes left and I passed him as he was starting back down pit lane to re-enter the track. I stayed about 15 seconds ahead of him and feeling comfortable I thought I could push the Audi a little more than usual. I didn't realize that my tires where that bad. I did have a rear-end collision at Dingle Dell corner causing most of my damage and slowed a bit. With less than 10 minutes left (I think there was about 9:30 left) I came around paddock bend (turn 1) around 90 miles an hour in 4th (the car was sticking well, I had about 100 litres of fuel left too) and pressed the gas to get a good jump into Druids bend and that was when the back end let go and I slammed into the wall on the right side and rolled the car 2 or 3 times causing my race to be over. I almost made the whole distance, if I had just taken it easy. But since there were only 3 left on track before my accident, that remained with Chris way out in front with Yves almost 3 laps down (yes Yves, Chris was hot on your tail again) I managed a third place finish with the accident.
All in all it was a great event, and I don't regret the 4 days I spent getting ready for this. It was a BLAST!!!! Thanks again for setting this up and I can't wait for the next event.

Tim

Qualy: 2nd on GT Club

DNF :(

On the qualifying I did my best. Just as Yves, my aim was 1.31.9xx. Unfortunatelly I couldn´t reedit my performance on a previous practice session and Yves got the pole.

Race: I had a good start, got to overtake Yves on start. But didn´t went very far, some mistakes and I lost four or five positions. After a few laps I was again the first of the GT Clubs. But again I did a big mistake and hit the wall tires in a high speed. End of race, engine dead. It was a shame. I had a superb setup, which took me a couple of hours in the Motec software and MotecAdd Pro. The strategy was good I think, but I was tired, and it was hard to keep the concentration. I´ve had a busy day here in Brazil, with election for mayor in all brazilian cities. Maybe next time.

Anyway, thanks everybody on the server, specially Yves, for all the fun I had while it lasted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 318 27.9%