RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Quals went well with getting a PB

Race 1 was going well (new PB) and was on the leading 3 by lap 9. Went wide and was coming back up to speed, and was hit by Micheal, we put it down to lag as I was driving straight and to him I was going left to right to left. Race over with wheel gone.

Race 2 was over after T1 Lap 1 when I was tapped off track by Mtommi and susp was stuffed, by T1 Lap 2 I just could get it turning in on right handers and game over...

well, all I can do is look forward to next week...

Thanks for the race guys, personally i hate these cars but they make interesting racing :)

Race 1: Finished 10th managed to keep Cam behind me for a while but by the time i got half way through the race the car felt like it was on ice skates grrrrr

Race 2: Pretty much the same story with Cam behind me then overtaking me, did not help i ploughed of into the fields LOL, again same problem with the handling losing 3 secs per lap on my already slow 1.46 but managed to kep Dietmer behind me and bring it home in 9th but it was a lonely race.

Not to bad i i thought i would be lucky if i finished these races but did and got my respectable 10th & 9th :amen:

I had a couple of consistent races, with no major dramas. In Race 2, I had a side-trip into the sand after T1 and gifted Cam and Andrew Dawes a place each, but they were kind enough to give them back with mishaps of their own.

I was glad to be able to hit a consistent rhythm for 2 6th places.

• Andrew Dawes

Q13

This was the first time in one of these and what made it worse i forgot the time and had to run home just in time to make qualifying. So my 10 laps qualifying was to learn the car basically.

Race 1: Decent enough start running in 11th or thereabouts and was following Dietmar who lost in 2nd last corner and then lost it in the final chicane and i ran into his side. I think he was gone anyway...but anyway i stopped and waiting for him to get going only i was hit in rear and ended with broken suspension = sorry rhys in hindsight not a great place to slow. Pulled back quite a lot of time and even set a PB in the 1:45s on lap 11. Finished 11th.

Race 2: Stoked. Up to 7th on lap 1 and had great racing with a whole bunch of guys, wally, cam, etc. We all had at least one off at different times and a few passes. I had two BIG spins on the same corner on different laps but managed 7th place by the end - upped to 6th on the results page.

6th Overall on the day according the to final tally. Was pretty pleased give lack of practice but i new witihin 2 mins with this car i knew it would suit me.

Thanks for organising guys.

Qualy: Worse than I expected, did only 2 or 3 laps without mistake, got a 1:47.635 (more than 2 secs away from my PB), I think made me 15.

Race 1: My best start ever, nearly managed to overtake somebody :). First lap went well till the last turn, where I lost a little bit the control and got tapped by Andrew (not your mistake, guess you could not have done anything, did you wait? Thanks!). Put Olaf in front of me who was jumping, which confused me a little so I missed my brake point in lap 3 at Adelaide and gave him a serious bump. Sorry for that, hope did not do a damage to your car!!!
From that on, it was basically me fighting my car, second half of the race it went not to bad for me (concerning that fight), reached the finish, was not lapped and did not get last (but only because others had obviously the same fight as I :) ).

Race 2: Went better for me, at least regarding my own mistake, was just not fast enough :(. At some point I caught up with Grant, one attempt to overtake, did not manage and right after I did a mistake which gave him enough air to finish before me :).
I finished, was not lapped, best lap time better than of race 1, got last of those who finished:).

I guess these car are at the moment a little bit beyond my abilities, although I recognized still a steep learning curve, but a long way to go! Günthar, thanks for your setup, although it did not do the trick for me. Just during the training session I recognized that a little stiffer rear anti roll bar gave me the extra stablity I was looking for.

• Steve Perryman

Sorry for missing the races , totally due to my not reading the bit about Daylight savings, I live in QLD, so was expecting for some reason the racing to stay at the same GMT hours.

Anyway, see You next week at 1 hour earlier QLD time.

• Andrew Dawes

where I lost a little bit the control and got tapped by Andrew (not your mistake, guess you could not have done anything, did you wait? Thanks!).

Couldn't avoid. and Yes i did wait...which in term may have impacted Rhys's race as i was close to the racing line. Sorry about that too.

Handling characteristics paid off over brute speed for me, further proven by Simon who did all he could to get past in the faster but less stable Spyker, but the Marcos held its ground like a trojan, allowing me to brake very late, and accellerate very early lap after lap after lap and so keep Simon's worst at bay ... enjoyed turning the tables and putting pressure back on you to make mistakes ... was a great psychological battle :wink:

Nice driving tho Simon and thanks for waiting after our coming together ... you's a gent :thumb

All I found out is how much harder it is to pass in the GT cars because their acceleration means that any slow down in the corner is eradicated. That and Silverstone is difficult to pass on. So I could get alongside down a straight but after that Lee was back up to speed.
Sorry for the incident Lee, at that time I really wanted to find a way past, eventually did it in the same place by unsettling you then driving around the outside :) Only to lock the brakes at the next corner after not running at my speed for a while.

I also need to apologise for the first lap, I got a great start as my rwd starts always seem to go well but down into the hairpin, david lemon braked earlier than I expected so I dived into the inside but couldnt slow it down and smacked into the side of a black car, I then tried to let him back past but I must of been on the racing line as someone hit into the back of me. Need to get some practice now, was slower than I hoped.

Sorry you seem a little disgruntled by our on-track battle last night Simon ... I enjoyed it immensely, both of us were driving hard, I stood my ground fair and square forcing you into errors and making it as difficult as possible for you to try to pass and without weaving wildly or anything of that ilk ... but isn't that a huge part of racing? :rolleyes:

Go watch the MotoGP race with Rossi and Stoner at Laguna Seca (if you haven't seen it already) ... that was a bit wilder, but Rossi was 1+ second slower than Casey all weekend, yet come race day he got in font and held Casey at bay, knocking him off his rhythm and in the end Rossi was triumphant despite being slower in a hot lap situation ... not comparing myself to Rossi, but similar tactics with the Marcos worked very well I thought :p

I think the different cars makes with wildly differing traits makes it as Gary said, a great game of chess ...

• Andrew Evans

takeaseatvk8.jpg

Class: Seat
Track: Nurburgring Nordschleife
Weather: Dry​

Practice: 19:00 GMT (1 hour)
Closed Superpole: 20:00 GMT (20 mins)
Race: 20:20 GMT (8 laps)​

Pit Rules: None​

Server: RACEDEPARTMENT SEAT
Password: click here

Notes

Sign-ups close 1 hour before practice starts.​

This is an endurance event, so please do not sign-up unless you can commit to the entire session.​

Pick an available car from post #2 and sign-up with this form:​

Code:
Name:
Car:

• Andrew Evans

Drivers

1. Simon Bacon - Seat Leon 06 (WTCC)
  2. Driver - Seat Leon 06 (WTCC)
  3. Driver - Seat Leon 06 (WTCC)
  4. Driver - Seat Leon 07 (WTCC)
  5. Matt Gray - Seat Leon 07 (WTCC)
  6. Driver - Seat Leon 07 (WTCC)
  7. Simon Trendell - Seat Toledo Cupra (WTCC)
  8. Eckhart von Glan - Seat Toledo Cupra (WTCC)
  9. Darren Gardner - Seat Toledo Cupra (WTCC)
  10. Jamie Wilson - Seat Toledo Cupra (WTCC)
  11. Andrew Evans - Seat Cupra GT (GTC)
  12. Chris File - Seat Cupra GT (GTC)
  13. Gary Lennon - Seat Cupra GT (GTC)
  14. Lee Downham - Seat Cupra GT (GTC)
  15. Marc Kollinger - Seat Cupra GT (GTC)
  16. Driver - Seat Toledo GT (GTS)
  17. Thierry Marchand - Seat Toledo GT (GTS)
  18. Yoeri Gijsen - Seat Toledo GT (GTS)
  19. Driver - Seat Toledo GT (GTS)
  20. Driver - Seat Toledo GT (GTS)
  21. Michael Herrmann - Seat Leon Extreme (WTCC-X)
  22. Richard Hamstead - Seat Leon Extreme (WTCC-X)
  23. James Yates - Seat Leon Extreme (WTCC-X)
  24. Bram Hengeveld - Seat Leon Extreme (WTCC-X)
  25. Karl Westman - Seat Leon Extreme (WTCC-X)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 230 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.5%