Tactile Immersion - mounting questions regarding my seat

Hello dear racers!

First of all I want to excuse my english (grammar :D) - I am not a native speaker. :)

I want to add some tactile immersion into my VR - Racing for a even better sensation. At first I just wanted to ask you some questions in this forum - then I tought "why not starting a small diary? I could ask questions on the way of it and maybe help someone other with it!". Right now I will stick with just this question - but I keep the plan to start a diary in my head for the next days :). You can tell me if you want to see a building diary.

The two Bass Shakers should stick together for a stereo feel (left and right) near the seat right now. In future I plan to add some more Bass Shakers (front).

Right now I have some problems deciding how to mount my two Bass Shakers.
I discovered two possible ways for the mounting.

Key for the sketch:
Blue = seat (it has a hollow space under it between the rails)
Red = Bass Shaker
Brown = Wood Plattform that is not there right now, I will add it
Grey = Metall frame of rig

Variant 1.: Both bass shaker stick together next to each other on a wooden plattform without touching each other under the seat. And here are two possible sub-ways:

Sub Variant 1.1.: Mounting the bass shakers so that they touch bottom of the seat when I sit on it
Sub Variant 1.2.: Mounting the bass shakers so that they face to the floor, not touching the seat

variant1.png

Variant 2.: Both bass shaker get mounted on a wooden plattform which is sticking out to the left and right under the seat.

variant2.png

I think that maybe variant 2 will give me a better stereoscopic feel (left to right), but variant 1 with the shakers facing into the seat will give me a way better feeling overall.

Of course I will try to decouple the wooden plattform from the metall frame and already ordered some industrial decouplers for screws.

Tell me your toughts! :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back