Tactile Immersion - General Discussion - Hardware & Software

Okay I get it now after installing a LFE with a NX1000D. Tactile is cool but I need more range. Will my NX1000D be enough to push another LFE if I place one under the pedals? I don’t think will because I believe its only 300 watts per channel if I add a second. Thoughts?

Attachments

• 89339FF2-0EE9-416C-9E6E-7FC9B76EB402.jpeg
    89339FF2-0EE9-416C-9E6E-7FC9B76EB402.jpeg
    357.9 KB · Views: 225
Okay I get it now after installing a LFE with a NX1000D. Tactile is cool but I need more range. Will my NX1000D be enough to push another LFE if I place one under the pedals? I don’t think will because I believe its only 300 watts per channel if I add a second. Thoughts?

How would another LFE add more "range"? Are you talking about needing a higher hz range that the LFE is not currently giving you? Or are you simply lacking feel across the chassis? If you mount the LFE under the seat correctly, you should definitely get enough feeling to be satisfied with the level of output it's capable of. If you mean you need a higher hz range, then perhaps doing what I did might solve the problem more effectively. That is, purchase and install a Clarke TST unit that also is mounted beneath the seat in the same way that the LFE is. It doesn't require as much power as the LFE and the amp will be able to run both units at their natural impedance with it's built in tech to operate each unit independently.

Morning Guys looking for position advice for 4 exciters (Dayton Audio DAEX32EP-4). I'm thinking 2 on the seat at the front and 2 on the back . But unsure if i should have them wide apart , I.E on the sides of the seat rather than the base , And on the seat back i could go behind the wings or more central, where i'm in more contact

I have an LFE to mount centrally under the rear of the seat
image0[30359].jpeg

Last edited:
Has anyone tried those?
No; based on published specifications, they are neither powerful enough (5 Watts) nor good at lower frequencies wanted for tactile effects. Even 25 Watt transducers, such as Dayton TT25 pucks, are good for tactile effects only when in nearly direct contact with skin or relatively low intervening mass (e.g. pedal or upholstery).

Quick message guys....

Want to share my appreciation and say a big thanks to some people that helped in making this happen. Also to some community members here @race department forums. who or are working behind the scenes on different things.

I am grateful for this opportunity to officially work with Simtag and develop a new exciting approach to tactile with people that are passionate, who understand the importance of quality, and work hard to achieve customer satisfaction......

Just a quick screencap, you can follow things with them more on their Facebook or Instagram pages.

Simtag will have a sample of RACEBASS at their booth and with some other exciting announcements coming soon.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 1451080

Deleted

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers mate!

I am interested to see whether they will offer only complete solutions or also some "tools" like the isolators and the (probably subscription-based) multi-layer effects that have been rumored, so a broader base of simracer's who have already invested in HW and their setup can benefit.

I guess we will know more soon.

So I've got a question for you guys.... as someone who is still very much in the researching and still overwhelmed phase, I think I'm starting to sort of understand how deep this rabbit hole goes. It looks like I'll probably end up with some little nobsound amps or mini 4 channel "50" watt amps running to 4 exciters like the DAEX32 that are attached to my seat, and maybe an NX1000D or NX3000D to run buttkicker LFE's mounted to my fiberglass seat and pedal board. This seems like somewhat of a concensus mediocre but at least acceptable entry into high end tactile.

My question is... how do you guys actually deal with turning all this stuff on every time you race? There's software(s?) and at least two amps. I already have to sit around trying to boot up my VR headset and that takes a minute. Some of you guys seem to enjoy running 4 or more individual amplifiers. It seems, honestly, like kind of a nightmare to manage all that. And I know flicking some switches and volume knobs isnt really that bad, but it's just yet another thing to deal with in addition to my wheelbase, my VR headset, my USB hub switches, etc. I imagine you're not leaving every single amplifier running at all times, right? Is there a simple way to have everything activate at once? Not super excited to have a legitimate pre-flight sequence. Is it as annoying as it seems or is it a total non-issue?

Last edited:
So I've got a question for you guys.... as someone who is still very much in the researching and still overwhelmed phase, I think I'm starting to sort of understand how deep this rabbit hole goes. It looks like I'll probably end up with some little nobsound amps or mini 4 channel "50" watt amps running to 4 exciters like the DAEX32 that are attached to my seat, and maybe an NX1000D or NX3000D to run buttkicker LFE's mounted to my fiberglass seat and pedal board. This seems like somewhat of a concensus mediocre but at least acceptable entry into high end tactile.

My question is... how do you guys actually deal with turning all this stuff on every time you race? There's software(s?) and at least two amps. I already have to sit around trying to boot up my VR headset and that takes a minute. Some of you guys seem to enjoy running 4 or more individual amplifiers. It seems, honestly, like kind of a nightmare to manage all that. And I know flicking some switches and volume knobs isnt really that bad, but it's just yet another thing to deal with in addition to my wheelbase, my VR headset, my USB hub switches, etc. I imagine you're not leaving every single amplifier running at all times, right? Is there a simple way to have everything activate at once? Not super excited to have a legitimate pre-flight sequence. Is it as annoying as it seems or is it a total non-issue?
I also went down the rabbit hole (thanks, @Mr Latte ;)). I've got the EPQ304 (with fan mod) + 4x4 DSP mini (DSP is essential) + 4x DAEX32EP-4 + NX1000D (with fan mod) + 2x TST429 + NX3000D (with fan mod) + 2x BK LFE and appropriate isolation (again thanks, @Mr Latte :)). I am still in the process of setting everything up, but I've put all amps and controllers in a 21u rack, which also including a rack power supply. Just flicking on one switch turns all amplifiers on. I've further simplified with zigbee power plugs which switch on remotely one by one when I press a zigbee button. One button turns on my PC (when I'm not using my simulator, so none of the amps and racing USB devices, etc. is drawing power), a second button first turns on my SFX100, a few seconds later all amps, my GS5 and the G-Belt, and again a few seconds later my wheel and the USB hub, the 49" monitor, etc. Furthermore, on my rig I have a stream deck which I use to start a game (and all necessary sim software to get everything running) with a single button press. So effectively, I press three buttons, and then I'm in a game :). (At least, once I'm finished with setting everything up - but this is how I had it earlier with my setup without tactile.) Long story short, for me it's a non-issue, but it takes some time to set it up to be that way.

My rather basic setup is switched with a switchable connector strip.
It switches PC power, wheel base, audio amp and tactile amps are on separate switched plugs like this:

So i can choose if I run the 5.1 system or the headset, can switch a fan at the pedals against overheating ( of the driver) all from my seat. Honestly I almost never use the tactile and wheel base switch because the rig is only used for racing.

Racing is the main objective right now and I hate troubleshooting after updates so I tried to keep the system as lean as possible. Also i´m not really a PC person so "keep it simple also enhances reliability.

MFG Carsten

Last edited:
So far, I have purchased these about a month ago to use for my gear.
Im thinking of having the Penn Elcom one for the 10 amplifiers (eek) I plan to use.
Then the CP8 1 somewhere on the rig

Here

Here

Last edited:

I leave my amps on all the time, it really depends what class of amplifier you have as to how much current it's going to draw when you are not using it.

What I personally do for my other things, and what I would do for my amps if I wanted to, it to use a smart power adaptor using wifi.

I use a 7" android pad that I use for a button box but you coudl do it with alexa, siri, phone or your sim rig. Currently I use it to turn on my HP G2, the motion for my 4 actuators and another for my active seatbelt. They just sit as three buttons on my pad.

It would be much more of a PITA to reach to a couple of those plugs and inevitably I would get in the rig, get all ready and find I forgot to turn on something anyway. Now I can just press a button on the button box to do it.

edit, I use some of these and one that is a few bucks more that can also measure the power usage real time https://www.pbtech.co.nz/product/SURTPL0105/TP-Link-Kasa-KP105-Smart-Wi-Fi-Plug

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back