Tactile Immersion - General Discussion - Hardware & Software

they feel very tactile up to about 100hz (while sitting in the chair).

Edit: there is a cutoff shortly above 100hz, That must be my crossover filter limit.

Well if you have a crossover set perhaps but check as it may be that @100Hz is around the felt sensation becomes very slight (buzz) and is hard to feel. Its mainly with RPM and SPEED that over the 100Hz could be beneficial.

The latest effects I am testing have RPM / SPEED going beyond 150Hz to just over 200Hz and for this those little exciters do well. For audio-tactile some engine noise emitting from the tactile can add to the immersion but this may be personal pref or how those audible frequencies reverberate in the users seat or rig materials.

One way to look at this, is if you have some tactile/exciters that can go beyond 150Hz and be felt even if the user, is not that fond of the sensation they can then use EQ to reduce it or Crossover to limit it. This may be better than not being able to feel what it brings at all and is one reason I highlight Clark Synthesis TST units and more recently these exciters for this extra detail they can bring with some effects or indeed audio-tactile.

Experimentation is key really.....

Last edited:
I'll check the crossover limit later today.

I like the idea because in reality you do feel in your chest the engine sounds from powerful cars passing by. Since the kerb vibration is transmitted realistically, I would like to try higher frequencies as well. Problem is that you would also feel voices and other game sounds. I already do with the ~110hz limit.

I would need to Y the left or right speaker instead of the subwoofer line, but then every frequency would go to the shaker. I would need some physical filter. I'll see what I can do.

THX did it.
@Mr Latte
Can u upload some profiles / setting of urs project simhub here as well?

I currently have several options for some effects but not what I would yet use as a complete set.
Mainly as SBS is still in Beta form but brought new possibilities and my own testing is still ongoing.
Yes, excellent results are possible and most effects I have tinkered with and found decent settings.

With (RPM) as one of the more challenging effects, currently, Quite a bit of my time has been already put into testing with it. With a further 20+ hours put into (SPEED) and having these work well together.

Getting a nice general feel isn't hard but I am pushing things further to have an engine bring specific detailing for inertia, torque, max rpm as well as background engine detail for engine strain sensation at high speed. The new set I am working on is so far over 30Hrs work in testing and experimenting but each new attempt is bringing improvement and possibility to have several variations to use for personal preferences or different cars.

Its upto @Wotever to decide how he wants this to be done for the final release and profiles shared.
The Discord channel does not have one place to discuss them and share them away from other discussions but again even there very little seems to be happening with not much going on with people giving feedback to others. I do not know if he wants to use RD for downloading/sharing these or via other means within the software at some point.

One issue is when doing more advanced effects we go into multiple layers, so subfolders for effects may be a good idea to avoid having a main page with 20+ layers. I dont know if its technically possible but I would have liked the possibility to cut/copy/paste effects as individual groups. For example the ability to copy an RPM based effect/layers from one profile and place it into another. The ability to do this with (effect groups) would be excellent, save a lot of time and let us build profiles easier/faster. Rather than profiles being fully inclusive to all effects each contains. We then can give people multiple options to try for each (effect group).

Take note, that I also tried to have a V3 Beta discussion thread here on these forums, chat with people about it, with some tuning tips and to share (test-effects). I started and put a fair bit of time into it, to see how it went, yet the response on the thread was poor and not one person has shared their settings or uploaded anything.

So I am feeling, why do I even bother, why should I continue with that thread, spend my own time towards helping others or share my own attempts/work. If others themselves can't be bothered to add a discussion or get involved giving their own feedback or adding their own attempts as well. It just seems the community is asleep and people want to get/take what they can while giving little or nothing back in return...

Last edited:
THX for all ur infos

Can I use these layers in 4 wheel setup as well or must i choose advanced setup in simhub

My knowledge is very little in "tactile" - as u know , so far I share what I can

for this every info u can give is important to experience what u are talking about

I am very thankful plz keep this up

BTW
here is what I can share so far ->
made some progress with the next tactile rig i am planning
This seat will be for 2 positions -> GT and formula -the rig is wip
The backframe I made is for mounting some transducers and is now about 6 kg and made of
70% wood profile this means half the weight of alu

img-2079.jpg

img-2080.jpg
img-2081.jpg

IMG_20190511_211700.jpg

Hello, if I would mount a Transducer (Reckhorn BS200i) left and right of the pedal plate directly on the alu profiles, do you think it will still be possible to feel the difference between the left and right Transducer?

I'm planning on a cheap CM Mode Setup, but aren't sure how to mount it so I did not buy anything yet.

any help is appreciated

IMG_20190511_211700.jpg

Hello, if I would mount a Transducer (Reckhorn BS200i) left and right of the pedal plate directly on the alu profiles, do you think it will still be possible to feel the difference between the left and right Transducer?

I'm planning on a cheap CM Mode Setup, but aren't sure how to mount it so I did not buy anything yet.

any help is appreciated

Lots of people do this, its not ideal but its not what I will do on my own build...

I think it's important and personally, I want to maintain the telemetry output of energy dispersion as intended for each channel. To keep its purity and improve the stereo separation for any stereo based effects.

Also to reduce as best possible how the rig/materials and installation used for the tactile can interfere with this. Therefore limiting any additional crosstalk between the left/right channels.

One day, if someone has spare 8020 to cut and use I could show how I would go about this problem but for now I am sure you can get it easily installed and start to enjoy it.

Last edited:
THX for all ur infos

Can I use these layers in 4 wheel setup as well or must i choose advanced setup in simhub

My knowledge is very little in "tactile" - as u know , so far I share what I can

for this every info u can give is important to experience what u are talking about

I am very thankful plz keep this up

BTW
here is what I can share so far ->
made some progress with the next tactile rig i am planning
This seat will be for 2 positions -> GT and formula -the rig is wip
The backframe I made is for mounting some transducers and is now about 6 kg and made of
70% wood profile this means half the weight of alu

img-2079.jpg

img-2080.jpg
img-2081.jpg

Looks really good.
Show more and how/where/what tactile you are for installing.

Got my Behringer X18 Xair up and running with the iPad Pro...
I posted a new set of effects for SPEED & RPM on the Simhub Discord channel, for those interested in following or trying out.

It combines very usable frequencies for most units but also has additional detailing @ 160Hz and up.

Hey Team,

There is a lot to digest here and after hours of pawing through the years of posts I can't seem to find a direct answer to my question. Hoping someone has an answer primed and ready to go.

I am moving from a single BK gamer2 on the rseat S1 mounting plate to an additional x2 BK Advance units driven by a Behringer NX3000D. My tentative plan at this point is to move the G2 to the pedals and map road noise and front suspension activity to it, and drill the remaining x2 Advances into the seat itself (under my butt handling rear suspension and tires, lower back dedicated to engine rpm only). Under the assumption currently that I can use larger metal washer to mount a low profile nut/bolt under the cushions without much issue.

I am wondering if anyone has direct experience with drilling into the rseats or has any direct advice that might warn me off my tentative plan. The other option I am considering without adding more hardware would be a left/right split with both Advances on the rseat BK platform (and maybe sawing it in half for better separation).

Any input you have would be welcome.

Hey Team,

There is a lot to digest here and after hours of pawing through the years of posts I can't seem to find a direct answer to my question. Hoping someone has an answer primed and ready to go.

I am moving from a single BK gamer2 on the rseat S1 mounting plate to an additional x2 BK Advance units driven by a Behringer NX3000D. My tentative plan at this point is to move the G2 to the pedals and map road noise and front suspension activity to it, and drill the remaining x2 Advances into the seat itself (under my butt handling rear suspension and tires, lower back dedicated to engine rpm only). Under the assumption currently that I can use larger metal washer to mount a low profile nut/bolt under the cushions without much issue.

I am wondering if anyone has direct experience with drilling into the rseats or has any direct advice that might warn me off my tentative plan. The other option I am considering without adding more hardware would be a left/right split with both Advances on the rseat BK platform (and maybe sawing it in half for better separation).

Any input you have would be welcome.

Okay, first thing to clarify....
Many here still use Simvibe as their primary tactile software, I dont know if you are...

Channel Configurations & Effects Management
One of the biggest annoyances with Simvibe is that a user had to define a CM / EM or both type configuration. They then were restricted to saving profiles based on whatever configuration they were created in. An EM set of channels (via secondary card, duh) also is limited to certain effects and not offering all the effects/options that the CM configuration has.

With Simhub and Shakeit Bass Shaker (SBS)
A user can alter/change/modify on the fly what effects go where and fully use a soundcard for all its channels. We are not restricted in ways Simvibe is. What you will be able to do is change at will and make different profiles on what effects operate on whatever channels you like. Simvibe is also limited to 7 channels (via dual cards). Shakeit can support multiple cards and multiple channels with the limitation being the users budget, creativity or desire.

This was a feature I requested and the developer kindly added. This also brings independent volume control "per effect" on the channels you want it operating and on a single screen layout. Its a breath of fresh air over Simvibes limitations with 4 channels per card, setting up configurations and several effects limited only to CM mode.

Improved Stereo Effects
As for your seat. Well no need to cut it in half, I think we can go too far, the way of improving stereo effects on the seat is by adding body zones. Shoulders, sides, lower spine and underneath the knees. I have even tested with effects also going to forearms over several months of experimentation. Some of this I have shared a little on in this thread over the last year or so but it is the direction my own rig build is using and based not on theory, but on how the testing itself went.

So by adding more body regions, it will enhance the effects detailing but it is ideal for increasing stereo positioning as well. We then combine this with the pedals and these improved to have better channel separation (mentioned above). With pedals, we have much less body mass we can use (generally feet only) so here yes it is more important to split the pedal platform for improved L/R.

Best Bumps Etc / Energy Vs Detailing
Someone with say an SFX motion can have really powerful positional bumps, from the motions tactile. Sure I bet it's exciting and rather good but all its energy moves freely over the entire rig and will enter the seat/pedals typically from underneath. For me personally, what it does not do is enter the user from multiple body zones, these controlled and determined by the user, how the user wants them output. That is something (my own build will offer) and we can do via tactile, as well as shape/mold the Hz used to create felt sensations to what we want/like. So with audio/tone generation we have more control than I assume what (various motion) tactile settings/controls may offer. I guess when I build an SFX I can better compare each but this is how I see each option in how they can work. My goal with tactile is to have very good effects created and these placed to whatever body regions I want them or how their energy is displaced over all the units.

Attaching Large Units Direct To Seat Tub
When installing the larger units direct to a seat, consider some sticky back soft padding (few mm thick) it may help to reduce some reverb certain Hz will generate with the seat. Some tub seats have an issue with @70-80Hz (my carbon-based back does). Then use rubber washers and socket cap load spreading cone washers (ebay).

As you went with DSP based amp (wise man), you can EQ any reverb or issues certain effects or Hz will create at specific dB. This just needs some playing about with the EQ and Crossover control.

Last edited:
I heard the Earthquake Sound medium model (equivalent to the BK Advance), the MQB1, is supposed to be very good and offer very good detail and power. I heard it's faster and therefore more detailed/fidelic than the large Earthquake model (equivalent to the BK LFE/Concert), the QB1.

Do any of you guys have any experience with the Earthquake Sound MQB1?

P.S. Now couldn't be a better time to buy the ES-MQB1. It usually goes for around $150-$170 on Amazon. It's currently priced at about $125! This is $25-$75 less expensive than the Buttkicker Advance and could very well be just as good or even better (I hear a lot of good about the medium and large Earthquake models in other forums). At this price, I'm tempted to buy one myself to compare to my BK-A & BK-LFE/C. That price also includes a mount!

"The MQB-1's are incredible. Much better than the buttkickers or even the more expensive Earthquake QB10's. They're fast, musical, and do great for both movies and music. You'll love them."
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-...mounting-earthquake-mqb-1-a.html#post56534622

"I bought a buttkicker LFE kit with the BKA1000N amp. The buttkickers were great but they would bottom out when sent too much juice and make an awful sound. Also the buttkickers dont activate unless there's significant juice going to them. So for something relatively low volume music, they're not that great as they're just idle. When they do come on, if the sound is low, you can sort of hear them moving a little (they're not loud, but they are audible).
The earthquake QB10's I bought at $550 a piece to swap out the buttkickers and they were much better. They never bottomed out. They activated sooner. I was pretty happy. But same deal with low volume music. If the music was low enough you could sort of hear the motion on the QB10's.
I tried the smaller earthquakes the MQB-1's. These are deadly silent and never make a peep even at low volume. They activate quicker. And they are much faster feeling - much more natural especially if you like to use these for music. The downside is these are smaller so need to be bolted to the furniture. The buttkickers and QB10's are bigger and can be bolted to the floor joists. When installed right (bolted to the chair), the MQB-1's are by far the best shaker I've ever used. Amazon often has these for $150 a piece prime."
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-...mounting-earthquake-mqb-1-a.html#post56538124

"The Earthquake brackets increase the shake via torque-multiplication (like a lever)."
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-...mounting-earthquake-mqb-1-a.html#post56538650

"I'm pretty impressed with the effect this transducer creates. I had a bad experience with ButtKicker LFE's, that seemed to be either too much effect or nothing at all - nothing subtle about them at all. This transducer is completely different, very subtle with tremendous range and quite the "definitely there but doesn't call attention to itself" enhancement. Like I said, I'm impressed."
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-...mounting-earthquake-mqb-1-a.html#post56559700

Last edited:
@Mr Latte you are a savage, thank you for a quick and thorough reply.

For the record, I am using Simvibe and, while I may add additional shakers in the future, at present I am just trying to figure out how best to allocate what I have. The real question for me is where to start with placement – everything is due to arrive Friday.

In your (or the forums) opinion, would I be better off starting with a L/R split in the rear and one centrally mounted on the pedals OR using both rear buttkicker advances on the butt and lower back of the seat for mono signal from the rear suspension, but allowing me to split off engine RPM or other items to a distinct channel?

I purchased a variety of bolts, washers, and nuts if and when I am ready to drill the seat, but I also grabbed a role of 1" 3M VHB high adhesion tape that may be strong enough to hold the shakers in place without drilling.

Last edited:
@Spinelli

Mmmmmmmmm interesting

Some thoughts, I don't believe the smaller MBQ1 compares to the BK Advance, I thought by its size it compared more with the Mini lfe units. Although I could be wrong. I have heard pretty good things for the larger Q10B model but its expensive and its specs list it as worse than the largest BK units. All these are piston based, so they all will require a certain amount of wattage/power to begin to move the piston.

That is unlike typical transducers or models like Clark TST that will start to work with even the most basic wattages. What seems most disappointing regards the EarthQuake models is the figures they have (see PDF specs) for the frequency range listed. The MQB1 is listed to only 50Hz. While at the same time I bet it is felt beyond this (it is the companies own specs) and at the other end of the scale we have BK listing frequency ranges most people wont feel from their units. From what I have experienced, BKs smaller piston based models are generally best for 40-80Hz (though do go higher) and with larger models bringing greater energy under 30Hz (BK Adv) and more again below 20Hz for the largest LFE/CON.

Now, the specs from all manufacturers need a grain of salt tbh but I don't believe the Earthquake units will be much more musical. The poster did say they used a BK amp which unlike a DSP model does not let a user place fine-tuning for the unit to better control its operation to a users installation or taste. Here they could of applied EQ and crossover control to get a more suitable response from it than what BKs own amps offer and in regards to bottoming issues control that too via Parametric EQ as shown on these forums.

For music usage, this one of the primary benefits of a TST unit. The speed is more to do with lag from a frequency being sent to the unit generating it, I can detect some lag on a BK LFE compared to the best unit I have used for music being the TST 429 as it is very smooth and detailed rather than for beefy, fat slam that the BK can bring.

Maybe at some point I will take a notion to try a larger Earthquake but they are not often found on the secondary market (ebay) while it is possible to get great bargins on the BK units.

Update:
Not convinced that the smaller Earthquake is better than a BK Advance as usually, the Earthquake range costs more for the equivalent BK model. So its with that reasoning I believe the BK Mini lfe is more the unit to draw comparison too. Also the BK Advance weighs more but the Mini Quake is heavier than the BK Mini series.

Shaker Center does have the frequency response listed as "Frequency Response: 15 - 200Hz" which is very different to what the specs state. So its hard to know for certain other than I think it may fit in between performance wise to a BK Mini lfe and BK Advance but that is also reflected in its pricing too.

Last edited:
@SpinelliI don't believe the smaller MBQ1 compares to the BK Advance, I thought by its size it compared more with the Mini lfe units.
It's hard to say. The ES MQB-1 seems like it's in-between the the BK Mini and the BK advance in-terms of physical size but on the BK-A's level in terms of power. The MQB-1 is rated for 50-500 W while the Buttkicker Mini is 50-250 W. The MQB-1 is RMS/continuous @ 300 W. I'm pretty sure the BK Mini/Gamer would fail if attempting 300 W RMS/continuous. People mount the MQB-1 to small sofas and love-seats with good results but I don't think I've heard of BK Gamers/Minis being able to produce good results in those scenarios.

What's a little unclear is the ES ShellShoxx. At first I thought it was smaller than the MQB-1 but it's specs seem very similar. I'm starting to wonder if the ShellShoxx isn't just an MQB-1 with a different housing and with an included clamp (like the BK Gamer).
@SpinelliI have heard pretty good things for the larger Q10B model but its expensive and its specs list it as worse than the largest BK units.
Difficult to say. Specs don't always tell the full story. Different engineering/design choices.
@SpinelliNow, the specs from all manufacturers need a grain of salt tbh but I don't believe the Earthquake units will be much more musical.
I've read from multiple users that the Earthquake models are more musical/faster/accurate than the BKs. The Q10B moreso than the BK LFE and the MQB-1 much moreso than even the Q10B.
@SpinelliFor music usage, this one of the primary benefits of a TST unit. The speed is more to do with lag from a frequency being sent to the unit generating it, I can detect some lag on a BK LFE compared to the best unit I have used for music being the TST 429 as it is very smooth and detailed rather than for beefy, fat slam that the BK can bring.
Although I haven't tried them yet (still in the box), I believe these type of transducers (Clark Synthesis style) are a must have for simracing transducers.
@SpinelliMaybe at some point I will take a notion to try a larger Earthquake
The MQB-1 is a steal at $123 as it is right now :)
@SpinelliShaker Center does have the frequency response listed as "Frequency Response: 15 - 200Hz" which is very different to what the specs state. So its hard to know for certain other than I think it may fit in between performance wise to a BK Mini lfe and BK Advance but that is also reflected in its pricing too.
Earthquake Sound's specs say 15-100 Hz for the MQB-1, 15-50 Hz Shell Shoxx, and 5-70 Hz for Q10B yet the Q10B can work well above 70 Hz even up to 150 Hz. The thing is, after 80 Hz, it will get more and more out of phase as the frequency goes up. Buttkicker doesn't mention out-of-phase in their specs; they just say the BK will work from 5-200 Hz (BK-A). So the specs are misleading with one company measuring their "working range" differently.

Q: What frequency range does the Q10b support?
A: The actual frequency response is 1 to 80HZ above 80 HZ the piston moves slightly out of phase with the signal proportionally increasing up to about 150HZ. Beyond 150 the majority of the signal energy is converted to heat. We recommend that the unit should not be used at high power at frequencies above 120 HZ.

We have altered the specifications over time to best reflect the usage that will give optimum results in the typical home cinema environment. For special industrial and military applications it can be used to its full bandwidth and power capability.

Q: What are the differences between Buttkicker and Earthquake tactiles?
A: The main differences between Buttkicker and Earthquake are weight of piston, length of travel and that Earthquake uses electromagnetic instead of kinetic braking of the piston. A Lentz center coil prevents the piston from over-excursion so you have a graceful overdrive characteristic with no obtrusive sounds. Whereas Buttkicker uses rubber bumpers inside the cylinder so at overdrive you hear a loud clapping sound. Buttkicker uses a very heavy piston 1.48 kg, which will give incredible amount of rumble, but the BL (motor strength) is nowhere near sufficient to keep the piston in phase with the signal .
If you look at heavy duty 18 inch industrial subwoofers, they have magnetic/coil structures double the size of the buttkicker and they only have to control 400 grams or less. The Buttkicker has a piston travel potential of 1.5cm which greatly limits its linearity. The Q10B has a 500gram piston that it can move in phase up to 80hz with a travel of 5 cm.

In general the Buttkicker will give you a lot of rumble with less control and the Q10B will give you very high percussive power with a linear output into the infrasonic. It will feel very precise and it will augment the low end in an integrated way. The Buttkicker will feel somewhat more separate from the subwoofer because it can not keep in phase with the signal. Which is best depends somewhat on what you want out of it.

In the FAQ "Every time you go down one octave in frequency, it requires 4 times more stroke to keep the same amplitude," I think it is rather a matter of weight (of the piston) times velocity (of the piston) that decides on the force output of the transducer.
Now the Q10B piston is lighter than the BK LFE piston, but has more stroke (= higher velocity at the same frequency). What about the force (= impact) at those low frequencies compared to the BK LFE?

A: Amplitude here is voltage as the frequency decreases more stroke will be produced from the same amplitude. The power of a transducer is a combination of Weight, velocity and travel distance as travel distance relates to the frequency response and amplitude capability of the transducer. But several other factors play a big role for the qualitative output. Biggest being the transducers ability to accelerate and de-accelerate the piston accurately in phase with the signal. When the signal changes the Q10b snaps with it so lets say a cannon is fired in the movie the q10b will hit you very hard very fast and then be silent the second the signal stops .

The buttkicker will give you a thumb that will linger. If the signal stops the Q10B will stop like it hit a concrete barrier, whereas the buttkicker will stop as if it was caught in a net or hit soft foam. It is force / energy released at the time of the signal that truly matters. So for a cannon shot the q10b will depart all its energy in a split second. The buttkicker will depart more energy, assuming they are both operating within travel xmax, but since the heavy piston does not start or stop right away that energy is released over a much longer time-period, basically until the motor can bring the piston to a stop. Years back we did some tests with sending squarewaves and triangle waves into the transducers and the kinetic energy departed from the one Q10B from a single cycle square wave measured no more than 20 degrees offset to the signal was equivalent to 5 Buttkicker LFE units.

source http://www.earthquakesound.eu/info/faq/tactile-faq.aspx

Last edited:
Looks really good.
Show more and how/where/what tactile you are for installing.

THX for ur Profiles on discord

yes sure - needs some time to plan the rest of the rig and built it first ...

Q: Are those mutiple layers usable with 4 wheel setup of (simhub) <so I can test them on my "old" rig
or do I need to switch to the "advanced mode" with more tranducers from 6-8 transducer for example?

Last edited:
I think you should buy the Earthquake model but I am not fully convinced it will match a BK Advance as its quite tiny. If you want advice, I would buy it and a BK Advance to test and compare for the usage you have for them. Then determine which model to perhaps buy more of. I dont know of any owners here that could do a frequency test to help.

For me I got several great ebay bargins on BK units, often its possible to get a large BK unit for less than 1/2 price.

I think you should buy the Earthquake model but I am not fully convinced it will match a BK Advance as its quite tiny. If you want advice, I would buy it and a BK Advance to test and compare for the usage you have for them. Then determine which model to perhaps buy more of. I dont know of any owners here that could do a frequency test to help.

For me I got several great ebay bargins on BK units, often its possible to get a large BK unit for less than 1/2 price.
i would but I already have too many tactile units (5 BKs, 4 CSs).

I'm not buying any more tactile units unless it's a Crowson or a Sonic Immersion IBEAM VT300 or the newer VT200. Every thing I read about them is awesome.

Last edited:
SimHub Effects TESTING
I have uploaded a new RPM/Engine based effect for those using SimHub and want to try it out.
See the Discord Server.

It's actually rather good (when you get a good volume balance).
This time I kept it simple (using only 3 layers) but have now got a much better grasp on how to use the added V3 Beta "Response Curve". So one layer is capable of doing multiple things, like offering idle sensation, and peak gain at certain RPM.

Worth comparing to Simvibes RPM effects, if any of you want to try or give feedback/criticisim it's welcomed as always.

Rig Hardware Update:
May has seen lots of new updates to my own audio/hardware.

Having bought the Behringer X18 Xair (audio interface) it will suffice the tactile installation I have decided. So in the coming months, the plan is to equip it with all the needed cables to have my tactile units fully controllable via the iPad Pro & Xair interface. I also got that lovely "Korg Nano Control" midi controller which is so easy to configure and use. Nicer feel with physical buttons than using tablet screen.

The main benefit with the Korg is that it's very compact wireless via (Bluetooth) which is rather cool and will enable individual vol/mute/solo/crossover/eq controls for each of my 18 primary (BK & TST) tactile being used.

SFX
BK & TST units potentially within 8020 frame/surround

This can be done via AUM or Mixing Station apps all using the iPad Pro, whats extra cool is being able to visually monitor each channel to see its used frequency and dB (via multiple apps). This will be very handy in future configuring and for effects creation to see how different effects are operating on the various channels with the different tactile installed. Also the ability to see how the controls being applied alter their output. I will also be able to monitor game audio and mix this if desired with specific tactile units that are being installed. Lots of thinking has been put into this solution that suits my own needs/preferences.

My thoughts are to have this Korg Nano Control unit handy to reach from the cockpit and use it to create/save profiles. It will make turning on/off and adjusting each tactile unit quite simple or instantly switching control profiles with different settings.

I never thought I would of went this path as DAW on PC to control everything seemed too OTT for me but via the iPad and apps/hardware available it's such a simple and easy route for even my own rather complex tactile installation.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back