Tactile Immersion - General Discussion - Hardware & Software

So you have the motors on the pedals and the BK under the deck?
Yea, I added some photos of the motors to my post to see.

The BK(Advance), not pictured, is currently mounted under the deck. I have some racebass isolators that I plan to install soon, but cannot yet as I am waiting for some other parts to arrive first. So will be interesting to see how they play with each other once isolation is added.

This actually sounds like a perfect plan. Actually exactly what I would recommend to start with. In both type of units, location and quantity. Also the seat is most important so tackle that first and see how you go. I still would push to get you at least a TST 239, preferably a 329 but I would never recommend someone to pay retail for a 429. But a 239 at retail would be a great unit to add especially for engine and wheel slip.

But I endorse the BST units as a cost effective alternative provided they are mounted as close as possible to the body ie the seat.

I wish you luck finding stock in everything you're after.

So setup would look like this.

initialseat.png

The BST-2s are easy to get. Also very cheap (€ 32 / piece). And in stock.

TST239/329 is a lot more expensive and also out of stock about everywhere I looked.

It's exactly the reason why I want to mount a unit to my pedals. Can you elaborate on your setup? What are you running on seat and pedals?

Sure, on gas and brake pedals I have two Duokon 50 mm 2 inch all frequency resonance speakers (4 Ω 25 W). Seat has a Buttkicker mini lfe underneath and a Sinus 250 under the pedal plate.

Last edited:
... Many of us are using software DSP so we're not omitting it entirely but I have used it on the 1000D and I'm pretty sure with my units I'll achieve the same thing through software. It's a good feature to have, but a 3000 is 435 and the 3000D is 650 where I live. That's almost a TST 239 right there in the savings.
Can I ask which software DSP you're using and how are you using it?

Can I ask which software DSP you're using and how are you using it?

I haven't set up my software DSP yet as I've been using an NX1000D until today. I just swapped it out for an NX6000 non DSP and I'll have to get to setting up the DSP for it soon. Still waiting for parts to get all my isolation done and once that's finished I can run tests with the rig in the state that it's supposed to be in.

I've been using Voicemeter Banana for running "audio tactile" up until now and that has an EQ that I've set. Equaliser APO is what's been recommended to use for software DSP but I might try a couple of programs to make sure I'm comfortable.

Thanks Mark, this should give me all I need seeing as our units are pretty much identical. I was wondering how to use it across different channels of the sound card but since you have 4 main units and more exciters, I assume you have this worked out.

Thanks Mark, this should give me all I need seeing as our units are pretty much identical. I was wondering how to use it across different channels of the sound card but since you have 4 main units and more exciters, I assume you have this worked out.
You can span across multiple sounds cards as well. I cover that in the video.

1652290738205.png

I'm not using those exact curves right now, but they are a good starting point.

Last edited:
Amps. Amps. Amps.

Turns out, the NX3000 is out of stock worldwide. So I'm looking at alternatives to drive at least 1 LFE and possibly (in the future) a second LFE or TST329.

Does anybody have any experience with these next amps to drive the LFE? Should be enough power @ 4 ohm. And they're available to buy, so... Just looking for experiences or recommendations / alternative options.

Behringer KM1700
11612214_800.jpg

The t.amp E-1200
14264718_800.jpg

Last edited:
Behringer's are constantly low and out of stock. In Australia, there are quite a few 3000's floating around, one at a good price that I had my eye on for a while. Shame they are out of stock where you are. I am thinking of adding at least another TST to my system if the chance arises, which means another amp. So I either need to sell my NX1000D and get a 3000 non DSP for roughly a straight swap, or just keep the NX1000D and use it to power new TST/s.

I've seen the top amp in my searches for suitable units recently. I've no experience with anything other than the NX series and the smaller amps that powered previous units. Actually, I do have an Earthquake amp which is absolutely mental for my current TST's. They apparently are mega expensive but and probably not suitable for multiple large units. I did buy a cheaper "500W" amp to power the TST's before I got the EQ amp. My suggestion is NEVER go with a cheap amp that advertises high power output. It's most likely bull$hit and will absolutely underwhelm you. I would advise looking no less than an NX1000 equivalent in both price, at retail, and power for medium to large tactile units. There are exceptions, but it's a good place to start if you're serious about tactile.

I'm most certainly not looking at budget amps that claim to have unrealistic power outputs or el-cheapo hardware for that matter (I'm looking at you Nobsound). Hence the reason I listed that Behringer model. Probably the main reason nobody uses this amp with LFE or other tactile hardware is the fact that every forum is littered with the go-to-nx-series. Perhaps most are so overwhelmed with all the information they just go with whatever people advertise as the right choice. Not saying it itsn't, but when there simply is zero units available for sale you have to start looking for alternatives (in the same price/quality range). These are type H amps, so definitely a step down from the NX's D class... grmbl

Last edited:
I think either of those amps are worth a shot. Depending what you're looking to run, either one looks adequate to run at least one LFE. AND you have the bonus of being able to give the rest of us feedback on it for future reference.

Last edited:
I'm looking to make my first bass shakers setup, right now I don't want to spend too much and tried to find a low-cost setup on amazon:

1x Dayton BST-1
1x Audio System bass shacker (claims 220w, not sure how reliable it is)

1x AIYIMA A08 (claims 315w x2, has integrated power supply)

OR

1x AIYIMA A07 (claims 2x 300w channels using a TPA3255)
1x SOULONG power supply 48V 12.5A

Anyone knows if the audio system shacker is any good? Should I get 2x BST-1? Any reliable option between Dayton and Buttkicker price points?

Any opinion on the amps, should I get something else? (I don't want to spend 200+ € on it if not necessary)

Last edited:
For the shaker I have under my pedals I am using the center channel of my motherboard and a mono amplifier. The point is that it gets very hot. Could it be because I am using both columns in Simhub? I think they correspond to the center channel and to the subwoofer? Should I use only one of them?

Another option for the pedal mount is going with vibration motors. I just got a set of Sim3D motors for my pedals and I kind of love them.

They feel very different from the BK under my deck(no TST to compare), so it’s very noticeable and obvious when I get informational cues from them on slip, lock, etc…in contrast to the more “immersive” effects on my BK. I also have RPM running on the throttle, which sends a nice reminder to my foot at point of rev limit to shift.

View attachment 565819View attachment 565820
I have a very similar setup - diy, would you mind sharing the sim hub settings for the two motors? I like the ABS effect but I cannot get useful feedback on the accelerator with Rpm. Thanks!

Personally I have the RPM signal on my seat shakers, the accelarator pedal (connected to and driven by an Aura under the heelplate) does front wheel slip.

So I "sense" wheel slip front in steering wheel and feet, wheel slip back in my seat.

It feels natural as in thats where I feel it in my car and allows me to adapt my tactile driving style from the real world.

MFG Carsten

Amps. Amps. Amps.

Turns out, the NX3000 is out of stock worldwide. So I'm looking at alternatives to drive at least 1 LFE and possibly (in the future) a second LFE or TST329.

Does anybody have any experience with these next amps to drive the LFE? Should be enough power @ 4 ohm. And they're available to buy, so... Just looking for experiences or recommendations / alternative options.

Behringer KM1700
11612214_800.jpg

The t.amp E-1200
14264718_800.jpg
I have 2x full size LFE which I was driving with the t.amp E1200 and it had WAY more
power driving them than the older model NU3000, but I’m trying for a full class-D setup due to weight and heat. It’s definitely up to the job!

I have purchased two NX3000D amplifiers and four Buttkicker LFE transducers, and am having difficulty in understanding how to wire them to my system. I am only getting response to one pedal unit and one seat unit. I either have them wired incorrectly, or I do not understand the owners manual on how to let the systems know that I have a desire to have two amps working four transducers. Does the attached diagram of my set-up make sense, or am I totally wrong in my in how I have patched things up? Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• scan0004.jpg
    scan0004.jpg
    424.1 KB · Views: 77
I have purchased two NX3000D amplifiers and four Buttkicker LFE transducers, and am having difficulty in understanding how to wire them to my system. I am only getting response to one pedal unit and one seat unit. I either have them wired incorrectly, or I do not understand the owners manual on how to let the systems know that I have a desire to have two amps working four transducers. Does the attached diagram of my set-up make sense, or am I totally wrong in my in how I have patched things up? Thanks for any help.
You need to duplicate your single amp set up. That requires two more channels from your sound card.

Screenshot_68.png
You need a channel from the sound card per buttkicker, there's normally 2 channels per 3.5mm jack output so you need 4 channels for 2 amps with 4 buttkickers

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back