Tactile Immersion - General Discussion - Hardware & Software

and not to forget...There is tactile and tactile....

Many users just go for the cheap tactile experience and of course they are disappointed....IMHO, you really have to invest in very good hardware (including the amp)

Yes the hardware used is important.
Add to that what 2 years of on/off experimentation brings. :)

To not only help develop how effects are generated and dispersed over the body with control of how layers and specific frequencies are routed. This is a fundamental aspect that is VERY different from my own approach compared to typical installations.

Also guys, to give an example and something to bear in mind. The response and feedback Peter has had from those trying his rigs, current tactile. Including his own remarks on how he now compares tactile to motion and noted how he underestimated its potential.

He is basing that on a tactile configuration that would be the "entry point" for what I deem as a Pro Level (Front/Rear) RaceBass configuration. Offering dual large BK/TST with 4 Exciters in seat.

Achieving more is of course possible, offering not just more energy but also better handling and prospects of running additional effects at once. To put things into perspective, my own custom and experimental build will be incorporating not 2x but 8x Large/BK/TST combos with additional exciters. I don't fully know yet what that achieves regards engrossing tactile but I am going to find out.

It's also not just about what you use, but how you best use it.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I am planning to upgrade my racing rig to include tactile immersion.

Just to confirm since I am fairly lost with all the information. I am looking to run 5 bass shakers:
4x CM mode in all 4 corners
1x EM mode right under the seat.

To run the 4x in CM mode, the better option is 4x mono channels, right?
Also, are there any better options at around the same price point as the Aurasound 2B-4 Pro?

Cheers

Hey guys, I am planning to upgrade my racing rig to include tactile immersion.

Just to confirm since I am fairly lost with all the information. I am looking to run 5 bass shakers:
4x CM mode in all 4 corners
1x EM mode right under the seat.

To run the 4x in CM mode, the better option is 4x mono channels, right?
Also, are there any better options at around the same price point as the Aurasound 2B-4 Pro?

Cheers

The general opinion you will come across is that 4 way CM is the best approach for immersion.
Using, like your planning in having multiple fairly budget models. Then you can add extra units for other specific effects.

Popular transducer examples are the Aura Pro, Reckhorn BS200i, BK Mini, and then finding budget-priced amps to power these. Nobsound (Douk Audio) as one brand has a few affordable amp options.

Others can voice their opinions, but in my own experiences, this is not the best approach to take with tactile at all. Yet it is the path many have taken in the past and continue to take based on it being a popular way to do things.

Issues / Factors
The assumption is with 4 Way CM you get to feel each tyre/suspension. Yet the truth is most cockpits and in how people typically install them. The user will not get a good separation between L/R wheels. The reason for this is that the tactile output very easily mixes/blends in what we call crosstalk. A real car's wheels are much further apart too, not mere inches away from each other. We do not necessarily need stereo, to enhance tactile. I would highlight that we more greatly need effects that feel and operate to a high standard over a good range in frequency and varying sensitivities.

I want to highlight another important point here.
"Stereo Effects" are not usually operating in the manner that a wheel on a left curb will only activate the left transducer, with no response on the right.

More common that some "Stereo Effects" may still have a degree of output activity going to L/R units but with different output intensities. So quite often the response of each unit will feel like combined mono. The users rig/installation may not make it easy to clearly feel for example a stereo effect with eg: 70/40 output displacement for the L/R sides.

Certain lateral and continuous effects can be felt more clearly per side, but too much focus is put on CM bringing something it doesn't really fully deliver for most users.

Is More Always Better?
So I put it to anyone here as a challenge, to explain to us....
What are the real benefits of independent/directional tactile channels if they cannot be properly represented with accurate positional felt placement? What is the point in buying multiple lesser quality transducer units compared to a more expensive and capable unit that also has much better performance?

In fairness, this is also a bigger issue with the pedals than on some seats but in general, the idea of CM is not being fully realised on most people's cockpits and installations. They also are stuck with multiple units that have a very limited frequency range to work with. This then means most users will have effects that use similar and repeatable frequencies, especially within the 40-60Hz range.

Go ahead and look to see, or ask what frequencies, owners of budget transducers use the most and then how it makes it very difficult for the effects they then use, to feel much different......

You could just follow what many have done with restricted budgets if you indeed want a low-budget solution. My advice is to consider what budget you want to spend and to think long-term about something you can improve and build on.

Rig Becomes Alive...
This can be true, so many people enjoy the feedback tactile brings, it is a fascinating addition but it's a shame that most do not realise just how limited what they have, really is missing to what is possible.

Some are happy with such, it depends on what you want to achieve from it.
To use steering wheels as an example. Some will be happy with a cheap Logitech wheel, others may want something that brings much more but at a cost that is also much higher.

Tactile can be a bit like this too.....

Last edited:
Research Driven Tests & Installations
Here below, is an example, I put forward if owning a suitable seat.

This has been discussed before as it combines aspects from my own tactile development/experimentation over the last 2 years. The diagram hopefully makes it easier to grasp what it entails for a seat/pedal installation.

This approach allows a user to start into tactile with 4x affordable exciters on the seat. Then the user can add to these additional TST units and large BK units. It also adds DSP abilities to all the transducers used for better performance, tunning, and control.

The user could if they wanted, focus on getting all the seat tactile first and then later work towards the pedals. It's up to them....

*I currently have 5 clients beta/testers that are in the process of buying and installing this level of configuration.

So, this Stage 1 example for my own "RaceBass" approach is expandable to do over a period of time or if the budget allows buying from the start. What it does however is bring, a much greater level of quality in performance compared to buying multiple budget units for CM.

Increased Dynamic Range
This is because it is not limited to the entry-level performance and abilities of a unit like an Aura Pro or Mini BK. It is also unique in how it combines the BK/TST/EXC units which then has effects made to take advantage of the specific performance benefits each type of transducer brings.

It simply means it can offer effects that operate in bass frequencies, from 1Hz - 200Hz+ not limited in decent output from only 30-80Hz that most budget options will offer. That's a huge difference.

Therefore we are greatly increasing the usable dynamic range for effects. Yet also offering the ability for specific effects to be better spread over the seat into the shoulders/back/spine or to enhance stereo L/R sensations which is something a typical installation cannot do.

"What if" - The Future Perhaps?

What if,
it was possible to buy such a package, that shipped with all the needed cables and connectors, the soundcards, the transducers, the amps, and with settings for the DSP.

What if,
specially designed metal plates offered multiple configuration options to install the tactile onto.

What if,
these plates were decoupled/mounted via high-performance spring/isolators developed to maintain better, the detail and energy that goes into the seat and pedals, improving the felt tactile?

What if,
such a configuration also offered access to "Pro - Bass" advanced multilayer tactile effects built to suit the specific installation and hardware of the actual package.

What if,
we could develop tactile effects under professional spectral analysis, tuned to meet the performance characteristics of the best high-end hardware. These were then, tweaked by enthusiasts with additional feedback from actual track experienced drivers. No more little buzz sensations for effects, but effects that achieve more authenticity in character. Outputting the best and most powerful low bass to featuring superb harmonic and finer detailing.

What if,
someone was seeking a goal, to achieve felt tactile sensations that have not been achieved before, which no current hardware solution or cockpit being sold today comes close to delivering.

(Collaboration Talks)
Now, while not an official announcement but what I can say is, things have been happening over the last month or so, with a highly respectable Sim company brand. Also with initial evaluations already being done and these receiving positive reactions from highly experienced drivers/sim fanatics.

I now, find myself in a situation where this company and myself are excited about working together to possibly make this whole concept available in the near future.

Some of you will know my own personal passion for this topic. So for me, this is a dream scenario, with a dream partner too. I also feel it is about time, we move tactile beyond the current perceptions and possibilities.

To bring an exciting new approach that enables more people to get into tactile with much less headaches or hassle. To feel and experience for yourselves what "RaceBass" tactile immersion achieves as an informative driving tool and enjoyable immersion factor.

The general opinion you will come across is that 4 way CM is the best approach for immersion.
Using, like your planning in having multiple fairly budget models. Then you can add extra units for other specific effects.

Popular transducer examples are the Aura Pro, Reckhorn BS200i, BK Mini, and then finding budget-priced amps to power these. Nobsound (Douk Audio) as one brand has a few affordable amp options.

Others can voice their opinions, but in my own experiences, this is not the best approach to take with tactile at all. Yet it is the path many have taken in the past and continue to take based on it being a popular way to do things.

Issues / Factors
The assumption is with 4 Way CM you get to feel each tyre/suspension. Yet the truth is most cockpits and in how people typically install them. The user will not get a good separation between L/R wheels. The reason for this is that the tactile output very easily mixes/blends in what we call crosstalk. A real car's wheels are much further apart too, not mere inches away from each other. We do not necessarily need stereo, to enhance tactile. I would highlight that we more greatly need effects that feel and operate to a high standard over a good range in frequency and varying sensitivities.

I want to highlight another important point here.
"Stereo Effects" are not usually operating in the manner that a wheel on a left curb will only activate the left transducer, with no response on the right.

More common that some "Stereo Effects" may still have a degree of output activity going to L/R units but with different output intensities. So quite often the response of each unit will feel like combined mono. The users rig/installation may not make it easy to clearly feel for example a stereo effect with eg: 70/40 output displacement for the L/R sides.

Certain lateral and continuous effects can be felt more clearly per side, but too much focus is put on CM bringing something it doesn't really fully deliver for most users.

Is More Always Better?
So I put it to anyone here as a challenge, to explain to us....
What are the real benefits of independent/directional tactile channels if they cannot be properly represented with accurate positional felt placement? What is the point in buying multiple lesser quality transducer units compared to a more expensive and capable unit that also has much better performance?

In fairness, this is also a bigger issue with the pedals than on some seats but in general, the idea of CM is not being fully realised on most people's cockpits and installations. They also are stuck with multiple units that have a very limited frequency range to work with. This then means most users will have effects that use similar and repeatable frequencies, especially within the 40-60Hz range.

Go ahead and look to see, or ask what frequencies, owners of budget transducers use the most and then how it makes it very difficult for the effects they then use, to feel much different......

You could just follow what many have done with restricted budgets if you indeed want a low-budget solution. My advice is to consider what budget you want to spend and to think long-term about something you can improve and build on.

Rig Becomes Alive...
This can be true, so many people enjoy the feedback tactile brings, it is a fascinating addition but it's a shame that most do not realise just how limited what they have, really is missing to what is possible.

Some are happy with such, it depends on what you want to achieve from it.
To use steering wheels as an example. Some will be happy with a cheap Logitech wheel, others may want something that brings much more but at a cost that is also much higher.

Tactile can be a bit like this too.....
Very interesting, I am open to start right off the bat with something that is pretty decent. While I don't have thousands to throw at the rig for tactile immersion, I am more inclined to purchase something that is straight off the bat somewhat "future-proof" and have the better price/performance right before reaching the peak where the price is exponential for meager performance gains, but I don't know enough about bass shakers to be able to tell what's good and what isn't.

Which shakers would you recommend for the CM, seat and pedal setup (sorry I'm not able to tell the shakers that are in your diagram)?

Cheers

How would you compare the Clark Synthesis to the BK Advances? Right now I have BK LFE attached to my seat and 2 BK Advances attached to the sides of my seat (and a BKA on the pedal tray) all powered by the recommended NX1000D&3000D amps.

After reading how the Clarks are being suggested, I am considering trading the Advances for them. Do you think it's worth the upgrade?

I also plan on adding some exciters as soon as they come back in stock!

Last edited:
Very interesting, I am open to start right off the bat with something that is pretty decent. While I don't have thousands to throw at the rig for tactile immersion, I am more inclined to purchase something that is straight off the bat somewhat "future-proof" and have the better price/performance right before reaching the peak where the price is exponential for meager performance gains, but I don't know enough about bass shakers to be able to tell what's good and what isn't.

Which shakers would you recommend for the CM, seat and pedal setup (sorry I'm not able to tell the shakers that are in your diagram)?

Cheers

From what I know now and have experienced.
I wouldn't recommend a CM installation for most rigs as the best way to start into tactile.

Perceptions
The problem is most sim racers considering tactile "think" it's the best approach as they expect and want to achieve multi-positional effects from the 4 corners. Besides, it's what most people aim to do right?

It has been the "cool" idea to have a transducer represent each wheel since 2012/2013 when Simvibe was the first tactile to offer this. Yet it did so with the vast majority of effects not even being output in proper stereo, defeating part of the purpose.

Lets not upset anyone here, yes Simvibe is multi-dimensional, that it allows many effects to be used and sent over 8 transducers but from my experience not necessarily good at all for stereo sensations. "Suspension Bumps" appeared to be its main effect that did use stereo well. Yet really it has been outclassed by newer and now free options.

Simhub, which has more advanced (output mixer abilities) offers more effects that we can output in stereo for CM installations.

However, explain to me how two transducers bolted to a plate, rig frame, or set of pedals and can sustain independent outputs without their energy mixing? The same applies to how lots of people install tactile to a seat as they enable two transducers to deliver/mix their energy output even before it reaches the seat.

4x Budget Units
When you have 4x units that are all restricted in what frequencies they can output and a user is sending multiple effects to each. You now have a scenario of frequencies overlapping which increases the amplitude of those frequencies being used at the same time with various effects.

The performance of budget tactile and lets be clear here, a BK Mini is an entry-level product as a "piston" based transducer. It has drawbacks and issues with piston pang. The SimXperience concept using upto to 8 of these. if we be honest, is not even close to the true potential we can achieve from tactile. Yet today as a package from any sim company this is probaly as advanced as you can buy or appears to some the most awesome looking option.

Users will by habbit, apply the same similar frequencies for various effects. Mostly those within that 30Hz-60Hz range being the sweetspot of performance for the vast majority of budget transducers and smallest BK units.

People are kidding themselves, thinking they can have many variations in effects sensations by making one effect 5Hz-10Hz different to some others when they are especially limited to this restricted bass range, that budget units have.

So effects will still have a lot of frequency overlap with the effects they choose and this is commonly termed as "less is more" because having more than 3-4 effects that may operate at similar times just makes tactile mush. Ahh but now on a CM installation, this becomes 4x (Quad Tactile mush).

Small Med Large BK
A user that has BK Mini, that then upgrades to BK Advance that then upgrades to the largest BK LFE or Concert. What they primarily achieve is the ability for greater low-end sensations. They expand the potential in now they are able to spread out effects more to have greater variation in felt output with more bass bandwidth. Now they can experience the low dynamics of bass better with each larger model.

This output can be achieved with much more wattage and yes it will certainly shake a rig. Yet this still ties the user down to the output characteristics and limitations BK units have in them being piston-based shakers. They are rather limited when it comes to mid-bass and harmonic-bass frequencies which are finer/faster for improved detail and timing.

Pump Up The Bass
For tactile people always put the emphasis of importance on the bass/punch smack/rumble but good quality tactile is not just about that, no not at all when it comes to achieving greater range in felt sensations for different effects.

We cannot achieve the best tactile sensations, using any single make or model of unit.

You only discover this when you research and test what the primary benefits are from different products. This is why my own solution combines different products. However, it then takes the understanding to develop effects that incorporate their own layers to make use of each unit's operational benefits to then generate effects that deliver individual aspects to each unit for the greater combined output.

Quality speakers, use woofers, mid-range drivers and tweeters. They do not rely on a single speaker element to produce all frequencies. To make tactile more musical in that it follows the principles of how audio and harmonics work. This is why my own approach mimics this woofer/mid/tweeter arrangement by using most suited hardware for the appropriate key frequencies it performs best with.

Advanced Effects Creation / My RaceBass Approach
We no longer have to think in the mindset that tactile effects go to specific units as a whole. Then we channel that effect to the units we want it operating on. The same thing is being sent to each unit.

Now, instead, we apply elements of a much more advanced effect via "individual tone layers"
These can be routed to multiple units representing the low/mid/high bass frequencies.

An effect can be comprised of elements with the specific elements to suit the BK, the TST or in some scenarios the Exciters. We instead combine the output benefits of each unit to form the "complete effect" and this is the primary difference my own approach uses.

This is why the approach I have applied easily can outperform any CM-based installation that is held back by crosstalk issues, limited frequency output, and using the standard approach to effects creation.

Better Immersion
The best immersion is not about trying to fit 4 wheels into a small cockpit. The key element is not "more of less". Also, regards lesser performance/budget units being installed and may I say applying often frequency limited generated tones now x4 isn't ideal with using repeated/frequency restricted effects to them.

My friends, the key is to find ways to develop and bring much better effects and then apply a way for those frequencies within those effects to be best represented. Using an installation incorporating the most suitable and capable hardware.

You cannot take this approach I have for specially developed effects creation and then expect to use it on your own budget or standard tactile installations. These effects layers may use the full bass range (1-200Hz) so it's impossible to feel the "full intended effect properly" on any single unit as no single unit can achieve the performance desired with the full bass frequncy range.

I get asked a lot for effects, thanks but no thanks, I don't spend many hours on effects creation for people to then only feel part of their immersion with the tactile hardware they have installed. The effects and the hardware approach I use go hand in hand.

With the emphasis of offering the full bass energy and higher detail, we can achieve taking the hardware that is best with generating the low/mid/upper frequencies individually.

Its not 2012, we need to advance tactile beyond.... :)

Last edited:
How would you compare the Clark Synthesis to the BK Advances? Right now I have BK LFE attached to my seat and 2 BK Advances attached to the sides of my seat (and a BKA on the pedal tray) all powered by the recommended NX1000D&3000D amps.

After reading how the Clarks are being suggested, I am considering trading the Advances for them. Do you think it's worth the upgrade?

I also plan on adding some exciters as soon as they come back in stock!

Searches for my username and TST should bring a lot of posts as they have been covered many many many times. They generally will blow away a BK in the upper 60-100Hz but can go higher for finer harmonic detailing as well.

If your going to add units like TST how do you best implement them?
The main problem is from what I see, most people are not that creative or understand audio and harmonics to then create effects that gel or work better. They don't necessarily grasp how to use a BK with a TST and not just sending the same effects or only certain effects to each unit like a CM/EM approach does.

3 Elements = Effects / Hardware / Isolation
The Stage 1 installation example will outperform the vast majority of installations people have.
Not just because it has large BK, not just because it adds TST, not just because it offers multi Exciters direct into the body.

Because unlike any tactile solution on the market, the approach is to build effects directly to bring out the performance benefits of the hardware it uses. To apply a new approach to effects tone generation and mapping.

They Say You Cant Create Effects To Work Well On Different Rigs?
I have tackled this issue with installation factors and problems you find in the community.
With so many different cockpits, models of transducers being used and different people doing their own installations in ways they think are good but often are not.

I get it, that it's a total mess as to know what to buy, how and where to install things, then try to grasp how to best use Simhub. It's often too much to try to take in and can be very confusing.

Profile Sharing Issues
As you have so many variations of factors involved from many different rigs and hardware used. Profiles don't often work that well when we try to share them. One user cranks the crap out of the volume as their rig has poor delivery of the actual tactile that goes into their bodies and not all-around their rig. Then on another person's rig those settings in that profile may feel terrible on their own rig. I am aware of this factor and it needs to be addressed to help forward tactile.

Simplifying Things?
So to achieve a workable solution. We need a fixed hardware and installation solution that greatly reduces the variations/differences in people's cockpits. Something that also improves the tactile felt sensations that maintains the energy better and is designed to work in combination with the effects and hardware intended.

Now you can have shared profiles that work, that feel great and are experienced as intended.
All the user has to do is determine what effects they want to use and apply the volumes they like.

The RaceBASS concept brings effects/hardware/installation together.
To represent something that has not been done with tactile before, so someone going out to copy that layout I showed, getting the hardware, well you then need the effects to make it work as intended, you then also need good installation and isolation to feel the sensations properly too.

So this info being shared is a way for me to help people realise more what it entails as a new approach and how it is different to typical tactile offerings or ways to do things. We believe most users want a pro experience with as little fuss and issues as possible. They may not even be interested in creating effects or tactile, they just want what it brings to work and enjoy it.

I believe the community also wants some form of service for help in setup/configuration as well as guides/tutorials on effects in Simhub and for new effects and profiles to be developed for their favourite cars and sims made available to them as RaceBass customers.

Let's see what interest/discussion or queries it generates?

Last edited:
Research Driven Tests & Installations
Here below, is an example, I put forward if owning a suitable seat.

This has been discussed before as it combines aspects from my own tactile development/experimentation over the last 2 years. The diagram hopefully makes it easier to grasp what it entails for a seat/pedal installation.

This approach allows a user to start into tactile with 4x affordable exciters on the seat. Then the user can add to these additional TST units and large BK units. It also adds DSP abilities to all the transducers used for better performance, tunning, and control.

The user could if they wanted, focus on getting all the seat tactile first and then later work towards the pedals. It's up to them....

*I currently have 5 clients beta/testers that are in the process of buying and installing this level of configuration.

So, this Stage 1 example for my own "RaceBass" approach is expandable to do over a period of time or if the budget allows buying from the start. What it does however is bring, a much greater level of quality in performance compared to buying multiple budget units for CM.

Increased Dynamic Range
This is because it is not limited to the entry-level performance and abilities of a unit like an Aura Pro or Mini BK. It is also unique in how it combines the BK/TST/EXC units which then has effects made to take advantage of the specific performance benefits each type of transducer brings.

It simply means it can offer effects that operate in bass frequencies, from 1Hz - 200Hz+ not limited in decent output from only 30-80Hz that most budget options will offer. That's a huge difference.

Therefore we are greatly increasing the usable dynamic range for effects. Yet also offering the ability for specific effects to be better spread over the seat into the shoulders/back/spine or to enhance stereo L/R sensations which is something a typical installation cannot do.

"What if" - The Future Perhaps?

What if,
it was possible to buy such a package, that shipped with all the needed cables and connectors, the soundcards, the transducers, the amps, and with settings for the DSP.

What if,
specially designed metal plates offered multiple configuration options to install the tactile onto.

What if,
these plates were decoupled/mounted via high-performance spring/isolators developed to maintain better, the detail and energy that goes into the seat and pedals, improving the felt tactile?

What if,
such a configuration also offered access to "Pro - Bass" advanced multilayer tactile effects built to suit the specific installation and hardware of the actual package.

What if,
we could develop tactile effects under professional spectral analysis, tuned to meet the performance characteristics of the best high-end hardware. These were then, tweaked by enthusiasts with additional feedback from actual track experienced drivers. No more little buzz sensations for effects, but effects that achieve more authenticity in character. Outputting the best and most powerful low bass to featuring superb harmonic and finer detailing.

What if,
someone was seeking a goal, to achieve felt tactile sensations that have not been achieved before, which no current hardware solution or cockpit being sold today comes close to delivering.

(Collaboration Talks)
Now, while not an official announcement but what I can say is, things have been happening over the last month or so, with a highly respectable Sim company brand. Also with initial evaluations already being done and these receiving positive reactions from highly experienced drivers/sim fanatics.

I now, find myself in a situation where this company and myself are excited about working together to possibly make this whole concept available in the near future.

Some of you will know my own personal passion for this topic. So for me, this is a dream scenario, with a dream partner too. I also feel it is about time, we move tactile beyond the current perceptions and possibilities.

To bring an exciting new approach that enables more people to get into tactile with much less headaches or hassle. To feel and experience for yourselves what "RaceBass" tactile immersion achieves as an informative driving tool and enjoyable immersion factor.
Very interesting high level concept for people starting out in this space.

The points I gather from your posts are:
  1. Rather than using the same tactile which provides the same response frequency, use different tactile to maximize the dynamic range available in order to customize various feedbacks to the driver with reduced crosstalk.
  2. Standardize the hardware use (as there are too many combinations out in the market) and installation method (no., locations etc.) and customize a profile (but the frequency of the individual tactile will stay largely the same) to suit the individuals rig.
As someone new to sim racing and starting out fresh, I am really interested in your stage approach as it can progressively upgrade to provide a better experience. Is this something you can share or elaborate in that space?

Searches for my username and TST should bring a lot of posts as they have been covered many many many times. They generally will blow away a BK in the upper 60-100Hz but can go higher for finer harmonic detailing as well.

If your going to add units like TST how do you best implement them?
The main problem is from what I see, most people are not that creative or understand audio and harmonics to then create effects that gel or work better. They don't necessarily grasp how to use a BK with a TST and not just sending the same effects or only certain effects to each unit like a CM/EM approach does.

3 Elements = Effects / Hardware / Isolation
The Stage 1 installation example will outperform the vast majority of installations people have.
Not just because it has large BK, not just because it adds TST, not just because it offers multi Exciters direct into the body.

Because unlike any tactile solution on the market, the approach is to build effects directly to bring out the performance benefits of the hardware it uses. To apply a new approach to effects tone generation and mapping.

They Say You Cant Create Effects To Work Well On Different Rigs?
I have tackled this issue with installation factors and problems you find in the community.
With so many different cockpits, models of transducers being used and different people doing their own installations in ways they think are good but often are not.

I get it, that it's a total mess as to know what to buy, how and where to install things, then try to grasp how to best use Simhub. It's often too much to try to take in and can be very confusing.

Profile Sharing Issues
As you have so many variations of factors involved from many different rigs and hardware used. Profiles don't often work that well when we try to share them. One user cranks the crap out of the volume as their rig has poor delivery of the actual tactile that goes into their bodies and not all-around their rig. Then on another person's rig those settings in that profile may feel terrible on their own rig. I am aware of this factor and it needs to be addressed to help forward tactile.

Simplifying Things?
So to achieve a workable solution. We need a fixed hardware and installation solution that greatly reduces the variations/differences in people's cockpits. Something that also improves the tactile felt sensations that maintains the energy better and is designed to work in combination with the effects and hardware intended.

Now you can have shared profiles that work, that feel great and are experienced as intended.
All the user has to do is determine what effects they want to use and apply the volumes they like.

The RaceBASS concept brings effects/hardware/installation together.
To represent something that has not been done with tactile before, so someone going out to copy that layout I showed, getting the hardware, well you then need the effects to make it work as intended, you then also need good installation and isolation to feel the sensations properly too.

So this info being shared is a way for me to help people realise more what it entails as a new approach and how it is different to typical tactile offerings or ways to do things. We believe most users want a pro experience with as little fuss and issues as possible. They may not even be interested in creating effects or tactile, they just want what it brings to work and enjoy it.

I believe the community also wants some form of service for help in setup/configuration as well as guides/tutorials on effects in Simhub and for new effects and profiles to be developed for their favourite cars and sims made available to them as RaceBass customers.

Let's see what interest/discussion or queries it generates?
Thanks for the info. I generally run the Advances in the 30-50hz range as you would expect but really want some of those higher end ranges.

I completely agree with you that the hz range is more important than anything else. I have the 2 BKAs attached directly to the bucket seat mounting brackets and still can’t tell if vibrations are coming from the left or from the right. So much for localized vibrations on my 8020.

With the Clark Synthesis, the installation looks like it could be difficult mounting directly to the seat since it would be at an angle. Not entirely sure how I’d mount one yet. Maybe underneath the “sim floor”

8E77B84E-647C-4106-97B2-B6DE10D7B3D6.jpeg

Biggest issue I can see is the pedal tray. I have a BKA installed using a regular mounting BK mounting bracket. I don’t really like the aesthetic of it but it performs better with it hanging off the pedal plate than when I had it installed underneath the aluminum profile part of the tray (with the pedals also attached directly to the aluminum.)

Think I’ll pick up one of the Clarks and figure out what I can do with it. I’m guessing the Platinum version is the way to go.

Very interesting high level concept for people starting out in this space.

The points I gather from your posts are:
  1. Rather than using the same tactile which provides the same response frequency, use different tactile to maximize the dynamic range available in order to customize various feedbacks to the driver with reduced crosstalk.
  2. Standardize the hardware use (as there are too many combinations out in the market) and installation method (no., locations etc.) and customize a profile (but the frequency of the individual tactile will stay largely the same) to suit the individuals rig.
As someone new to sim racing and starting out fresh, I am really interested in your stage approach as it can progressively upgrade to provide a better experience. Is this something you can share or elaborate in that space?

Generally yes to those points....
Performance from tactile effects will come more from the dynamic range we can apply in the creation of the effect.

Having the ability to output 1-200Hz in the seat and the pedals is more important towards performance in immersion than having 4 independent channels via CM. Which as highlighted won't even deliver independent sensations as intended based on people's typical installation methods.

As hardware, this gives you a good basis to explore and get nice results in effects and do your own thing for effects.

RaceBass Concept
Outside of my own chosen beta testers for effects experimentation, who have received springs/isolators. These won't be made available on their own nor will the effects.

The points mentioned are part of the package and new concept that brings all the aspects of effects/hardware/installation and service/support/membership as an exclusive new approach to tactile.

So its two discussions recommending to you the benefits of combining BK TST and Exciters as to how and why we use those. Then me sharing an insight into what the last 2 years of my own work and experimentation has led to possibly becoming RaceBass.

The RaceBass concept in what has been outlined is in current talks regards how it is possibly brought to the market. More testing and development are to be done on spring/isolation plates and effects soon.

You have to understand at this moment I am restricted to what I can say. It may come as a packaged option for a specific cockpit first as an exclusive. Bringing not just the hardware but the exclusive effects, the support, and perhaps some kind of membership community aspect incorporated together.

For it to be sold as an upgrade kit for popular profile-based rigs is also being discussed.
I think this would sell incredibly well but it's not that simple nor has it been fully determined yet.

Let me be clear to everyone here, you cant go out and buy the hardware yourself like illustrated in Stage 1. Which several people have already based on my previous recommendations/discussions. Then come knocking on my door for the exclusive effects or springs etc.

Last edited:
Generally yes to those points....
Performance from tactile effects will come more from the dynamic range we can apply in the creation of the effect.

Having the ability to output 1-200Hz in the seat and the pedals is more important towards performance in immersion than having 4 independent channels via CM. Which as highlighted won't even deliver independent sensations as intended based on people's typical installation methods.

As hardware, this gives you a good basis to explore and get nice results in effects and do your own thing for effects.

Outside of my own chosen beta testers for effects experimentation, who have received springs/isolators. These won't be made available on their own nor will the effects.

The RaceBass concept in what has been outlined is in current talks regards how it is possibly brought to the market. More testing and development are to be done on spring/isolation plates and effects soon.

You have to understand at this moment I am restricted to what I can say. It may come as a packaged option for a specific cockpit first as an exclusive. Bringing not just the hardware but the exclusive effects, the support, and perhaps some kind of membership community aspect incorporated together.

For it to be sold as an upgrade kit for popular profile-based rigs is also being discussed.
I think this would sell incredibly well but it's not that simple nor has it been fully determined yet.

Let me be clear to everyone here, you cant go out and buy the hardware yourself like illustrated in Stage 1. Tthen come knocking on my door for the exclusive effects or springs etc.

The points mentioned are part of the package and new concept that brings all the aspects of effects/hardware/installation and service/support/membership as an exclusive new approach to tactile.

So its two discussions recommending to you the benefits of combining BK TST and Exciters and an insight into what the last 2 years of my own work and experimentation has led to possibly becoming RaceBass.
Totally understand, especially when it comes to design and implementing for commercial purpose. You might also want to go down the path of patenting the system in the future.

Will definitely be on the look out on the news about your system in this space.

I completely agree with you that the hz range is more important than anything else. I have the 2 BKAs attached directly to the bucket seat mounting brackets and still can’t tell if vibrations are coming from the left or from the right. So much for localized vibrations on my 8020.

View attachment 489797

I cant make out what isolation your seat supports have if any to decouple it from the main rig frame. So the energy from the section supporting the BK if it also has direct contact with the main rig profile which is what we try to avoid.

If insuficent or no isolation is being used, then you are wasting much of its energy and detail. Also the two horizontal supports of the rig will directly allow L/R tactile output from each unit to transfer over into the other which will affect how well stereo effects could be felt.

We can apply stereo effects to the ecxiters, to use frequencies that are harmonically matched to effect layers that are also going to the BK Advance. This way you have more spread of the operation of the effect per side with the lower bass coming in from underneath and the 1st or 2nd tier harmonics to match being output by the exciters.

Some people have applied 8 exciters to a seat so if combined with say 2 BK underneath, there is the potential with a well-isolated seat to have stereo effects operated via up to 5 units per side. I don't think that many is needed but user profiles in how effects are mapped/channeled could make such possible.

TST 329 GOLD offers maybe the best performance/price in the TST range.
Id use the BK A to operate from at least 15Hz using the DSP to boost its performance too.
Worth trying different crossover curves to suit your usage preference.

Last edited:
I cant make out what isolation your seat supports have if any to decouple it from the main rig frame. So the energy from the section supporting the BK if it also has direct contact with the main rig profile which is what we try to avoid.

If insuficent or no isolation is being used, then you are wasting much of its energy and detail. Also the two horizontal supports of the rig will directly allow L/R tactile output from each unit to transfer over into the other which will affect how well stereo effects could be felt.

We can apply stereo effects to the ecxiters, to use frequencies that are harmonically matched to effect layers that are also going to the BK Advance. This way you have more spread of the operation of the effect per side with the lower bass coming in from underneath and the 1st or 2nd tier harmonics to match being output by the exciters.

Some people have applied 8 exciters to a seat so if combined with say 2 BK underneath, there is the potential with a well-isolated seat to have stereo effects operated via up to 5 units per side. I don't think that many is needed but user profiles in how effects are mapped/channeled could make such possible.

TST 329 GOLD offers maybe the best performance/price in the TST range.
Id use the BK A to operate from at least 15Hz using the DSP to boost its performance too.
Worth trying different crossover curves to suit your usage preference.
B88BEB32-CDD4-42D0-B6D1-7DF3F63B5E22.jpeg

Not at my rig right now but have this on my phone. You can see a little better here, but it’s just a regular install with no specialized isolation. The only isolation on the rig is the rubber feet on top of a double layer of carpet (which was a overkill because the feet worked fine.)

Speaking of overkill, wouldn’t 2 LFEs on the bottom of the seat be a bit much? I don’t really see anything to be gained from that as 1 LFE seems to be plenty strong. I’d rather use the limited real-estate for a TST (thank you for the Gold recommendation!)

One thing I’ll mention is that with the LFE connected directly to the seat like this, I can’t put the hz down below 20 because it feels like a piston is literally hitting my ass (lol.) I’m sure this is some sort of user error that I need to figure out. (Edit: Figured it out)

If I had the seat properly isolated from the main rig, would the advances just be too much on the sides? I figure they would just vibrate the entire seat unless maybe the gain was turned down a lot. I don’t really mind if I can’t tell left from right that much, although it would be pretty cool. I can imagine the exciters will do a much better job at this, as soon as I can get ahold of some.

My plan was to either do 4 or 6 on the seat and then whatever other slots I have left on the amp to use on the pedals using smaller exciters that can fit.

Edit: Just scrolled back and saw that you recommend the TST on the pedal plate.. that sounds better than the exciters. Wonder if I could even manage to mount one on my current setup. Will order the TST Gold for the seat and first and see if it can fit on the pedal tray somehow.

Last edited:
Just want to throw this out there for anyone who’s new to this like myself.

Having a seat that reclines and attaching some MDF to it to mount like this works, but predictably the rumbles are WAY more muted than a bucket seat
297D08D6-AE26-43BE-8A39-25B19BC4FE67.jpeg

I had my amp volume pretty much maxed out with the reclining chair and then when I switched to a bucket for better tactile feedback, I had to cut the volume way back to around the 12 o clock position. There is a big difference in the fidelity as well as I’m sure many people have mentioned in the hundred of pages here.

Also, if you have an 8020 and mount a shaker directly to the aluminum like this:
A89ABC53-F275-49DA-99D2-1407BE98EAD3.jpeg

It’s not nearly as good as mounting the pedals to a regular pedal plate with transducer attached to it

6C1C78EE-4C80-4F9B-B756-6074B5363364.jpeg

Maybe this will help someone!

Last edited:
Also, if you have an 8020 and mount a shaker directly to the aluminum like this:
View attachment 489939
It’s not nearly as good as mounting the pedals to a regular pedal plate with transducer attached to it

View attachment 489940
Maybe this will help someone!

Indeed!

Last weekend I mounted a BK under the P1 pedal deck just as you show and was both disappointed in the feedback and the amount of vibration travel. Some effects felt more prominent in my hands than my feet from the same shaker!

Decided I needed to isolate, so I ordered the P1-X pedal slider and plate. My plan is to add four rubber bobbins in between the plate and the profile. Will test different locations for mounting the BK on or near the isolated plate similar to yours. May consider a TST instead if room to fit directly underneath given the bobbins+spacers+slider should give clearance height possibly without rubbing against the actual p1 pedal deck below.

Guess I can report when I figure it all out.

Last edited:
Indeed!

Last weekend I mounted a BK under the P1 pedal deck just as you show and was both disappointed in the feedback and the amount of vibration travel. Some effects felt more prominent in my hands than my feet from the same shaker!

Decided I needed to isolate, so I ordered the P1-X pedal slider and plate. My plan is to add four rubber bobbins in between the plate and the profile. Will test different locations for mounting the BK on or near the isolated plate similar to yours. May consider a TST instead if room to fit directly underneath given the bobbins+spacers+slider should give clearance height possibly without rubbing against the actual p1 pedal deck below.

Guess I can report when I figure it all out.
Hey ND! You can probably tell from my pictures, but I have the pedal slider for the P1-X as well. I originally removed it to attach the BK underneath and was surprised and disappointed how muted it was. Just like you I felt the vibrations much more everywhere else like my hands. It’s too bad because it seemed like a perfect location! A few things I will mention about the slider.

First of all, SimLabs doesn’t mention this but you need to attach the slider handle using vice grips apparently (which I never did.) The slider handle will wobble with the vibrations so to get rid of that, I used felt pads to fix it.

View attachment 490042
Secondly, I can still feel vibrations, even where my BK is located, all the way to my mouse pad thing. I don’t notice it while racing but during tests you can clearly tell. This probably isn’t that surprising though as you already mentioned using rubber isolators on the deck.

Here are some pics so that you can see what you’ll be working with.

FAC5D133-3DCE-400A-9192-E003E8FBAA4B.jpeg

Here’s where I’m assuming you’d put them. I have the original P1-X rubber feet sitting there in case you were considering an easy fix. It’s only slightly larger than the space. I’d try it out myself but two of my rubber feet are missing thanks in part to my toddler who has hidden them in the house.

F1AEBFAA-6093-4DED-A47B-3F20FDF18672.jpeg

Here’s the available space if you wanted to hang a TST. My biggest concern would be if you were to actually use the slider, would it be banged in the aluminum. I’m not familiar with the size or mounting capabilities of the TST yet, but I suppose you could hang it from the open slot in the picture although it might be uncomfortable using the clutch with a bolt or something up there.

Hey ND! You can probably tell from my pictures, but I have the pedal slider for the P1-X as well. I originally removed it to attach the BK underneath and was surprised and disappointed how muted it was. Just like you I felt the vibrations much more everywhere else like my hands. It’s too bad because it seemed like a perfect location! A few things I will mention about the slider.

First of all, SimLabs doesn’t mention this but you need to attach the slider handle using vice grips apparently (which I never did.) The slider handle will wobble with the vibrations so to get rid of that, I used felt pads to fix it.

View attachment 490042
Secondly, I can still feel vibrations, even where my BK is located, all the way to my mouse pad thing. I don’t notice it while racing but during tests you can clearly tell. This probably isn’t that surprising though as you already mentioned using rubber isolators on the deck.

Here are some pics so that you can see what you’ll be working with.

View attachment 490050
Here’s where I’m assuming you’d put them. I have the original P1-X rubber feet sitting there in case you were considering an easy fix. It’s only slightly larger than the space. I’d try it out myself but two of my rubber feet are missing thanks in part to my toddler who has hidden them in the house.

View attachment 490062

Here’s the available space if you wanted to hang a TST. My biggest concern would be if you were to actually use the slider, would it be banged in the aluminum. I’m not familiar with the size or mounting capabilities of the TST yet, but I suppose you could hang it from the open slot in the picture although it might be uncomfortable using the clutch with a bolt or something up there.
Thanks for the images!

Basically I have some bobbins(similar to your rubber feet) that I would effectively sandwich right between the slider and the silver spacers/bolts that connect to the base deck.(Are those silver spacers m8 by chance?).

That stack would possibly create enough clearance for my BK(Concert Mini is what I have for now). It may mean no actual slider use as the BK might need to hang in the gap of the pedal tray profile below. But I may instead just mount it up top directly on the plate next to the pedals like you did instead.

Care to reattach the pic of the felt pad slider fix? It seemed to not work. I’ll likely do similar to avoid unwanted noise or vibrations.

Thx again! Hoping to report on how I figure this out when my stuff arrives.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 375 16.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 256 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.1%