Tactile Immersion - General Discussion - Hardware & Software

Thanks, went ahead and ordered it from there. After the overseas shipping and the EUR to USD conversion fee on PayPal, it was around $325...but still cheaper than what I had paid on PartsExpress!
Yess right cheaper there, only need to plug it on 220v euro volts, you're from USA?

PrtScr capture_18.jpg

Cheers!

Last edited:
Looking at the EU/UK page for the NX3000D

Product Number is 448418

Thoman USA
Product Number is 448417

Suely it makes sense they sell the USA variant to that region?

Last edited:
Might be worth a check with the seller just to make sure. I'd assume a big company like Thomann would send out the correct regional version but I'd feel bad recommending them only for you to end up with the wrong one.

So I should be good to get a US AC input?

I do have a EU to US plug adapter I've used for traveling before, if I get caught in a pinch.
You mentioned euro dolar$ conversion? Make sure its not the 448418 product number then.

Adapter no, volts converter yes.

Actually, I just did this mistake but it is an easy fix if you're good at welding electronic components? It is Just a bridge to add and one fuse to change, will post pictures. (there's no switch inside)

Cheers!

Thanks for confirming that. I mistakenly assumed that it would be OK as it was the Thomann US site.

@Callsign BH Sorry for sending you to a misleading link :redface:
Actually it is cheaper to buy it there and got mine to Canada in 3 days !
But yes they should at least advise overseas consumer beforehand ?? I did send them pictures of the fix and were pretty impress :)

Last edited:
Nice job :thumbsup:

How about claiming warranty if something else went wrong with the amp? I'm assuming you wouldn't be covered unless you could reverse the modification without the seller noticing.
Good point !
I have to admit Im rolling the dice on this one and like I said I did send them these pictures to advise futur unfortunate fool like me :) Because when I realized the voltage thing is when I opened the package and it would have cost me too much just to ship it back. When I contacted them about this they did propose me to buy a voltage converter which is pretty ridiculous if you ask me. But to be honest Im pretty sure they would have take it back, well I suppose . . I didn't even ask.

* Note, many North America people are running these Amp at 220v when using them in stack (running multiple of these with 220v is more efficient) doing the exact reverse conversion by cutting the bridge !

** Note to buyers; UPS is going to charge you taxes and fees $$ (at least if you're from Canada) but still a bit cheaper and much more available stock it seems.

Cheers!

Okay hold on, USA has to have some major professional music/audio retailers.
Sweetwater is an example of one I have seen videos for and with just a quick shopping around for deals.

Behringer NX1000D $299 ($70 Cheaper Than Parts Express)
Behringer NX3000D $349 ($50 Cheaper Than Parts Express)

It may be available even cheaper somewhere but no way is there a need to import an EU/UK model to USA guys

100-120V

Last edited:
Okay hold on, USA has to have some major professional music/audio retailers.
Sweetwater is an example of one I have seen videos for and with just a quick shopping around for deals.

Behringer NX1000D $299 ($70 Cheaper Than Parts Express)
Behringer NX3000D $349 ($50 Cheaper Than Parts Express)

It may be available even cheaper somewhere but no way is there a need to import an EU/UK model to USA guys
Hopefully there is :) (and obviously there is)
The post above is more from a 'Canadian' stand point that did a mistake purchasing the wrong version.
And yes I could have found one in Canada but the deal and shipping delay were really attractive at Thomann.

*Bottom line is they should just add a switch.
**Welding a wire like this is a 5 mins mod, prob easier then changing the fan :) both might void the warranty tho?

Cheers!

Last edited:
Tip Of The Day:

Pick one, any one, its closer to home than EU/UK with no need to voltage mod.
Somebody somewhere is bound to have stock, its not like its a 3080 GPU :D

1610493009463.png

Last edited:
Thanks for posting that. I wish more people would. It would be a great to help to new people seeing what choices other have made when creating effects. I'd love to see another post like that from someone that has added exciters.

About your RPM effect - I see the effect is set to INPUT which ignors the response curve, Is that correct?

Last edited:
Thanks for the follow ups/confirmation that it won’t work for me here in the US. I’ll have to call them first thing tomorrow morning and pray I get ahold of them in time, to avoid the pain in the ass of having the return it overseas.

Thanks for posting that. I wish more people would. It would be a great to help to new people seeing what choices other have made when creating effects. I'd love to see another post like that from someone that has added exciters.

About your RPM effect - I see the effect is set to INPUT which ignors the response curve, Is that correct?

Empirically the RPM works well and gives me a nice initial rev when the engine kicks over and then settles into a lumpy idle.

I experimented until it felt right to me.

Sadly, I don't believe much can be directly tranferred from one rig to another. Every time I changed how my transducers were mounted, the frequencies that worked well changed, sometimes dramatically.

Empirically the RPM works well and gives me a nice initial rev when the engine kicks over and then settles into a lumpy idle.

I experimented until it felt right to me.

Sadly, I don't believe much can be directly transferred from one rig to another. Every time I changed how my transducers were mounted, the frequencies that worked well changed, sometimes dramatically.
Exactly, people need to understand that's not transferable, it is also very subjective. The only way is patience and personal experimentation. :ninja:

Btw, I did reduce the Hz for gear shift at 28hz from 38 and like it better now on my side.

*Sadly I have opened a ticket with Simhub support because on my side the on / off and volume adjustment feature per channel does not work for me? :( So for now I can not fine tune my setup as I would / could.

Cheers!

Thanks for the follow ups/confirmation that it won’t work for me here in the US. I’ll have to call them first thing tomorrow morning and pray I get ahold of them in time, to avoid the pain in the ass of having the return it overseas.

Well, nevermind...I emailed yesterday and planned to call first thing today, but they’ve already shipped it. I’m either stuck with it, and the pain in the ass to mod it, or I’m stuck paying $98 in return shipping. Awesome.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back