Tactile Immersion - General Discussion - Hardware & Software

Don't have a multimeter handy so I would need to go an hunt one down for that.

I am listening to whatever solution I can find here. I really want to use the amp since I think it will give the best chance for the Earthquake to shine. I'm pretty sure it's already cutting out the smaller amp it's connected to so I am happy to get it working and go from there.

So within that LOOK link, am I to follow instructions placed in that post? Happy to follow step by step if there is maybe a way to go back to default and just make sure I can get a signal. Once that happens then I know I'm not wasting my time with a DOA unit. I mean it obviously turns on and everything, just weird that I need to mess around to get it to fire up when it seems properly wired up. If anything was wrong along the speaker wire to the bass shaker unit itself it wouldn't give signal on the other amp. Seems it's isolated to either the amp or the way I've done the SpeakOn / RCA > XLR.

Edit: Also, I am not using any PC based software yet. Looks like that's what is shown in the link. Everything I've done, and it's not much at all, is via the built in, on amp menu.

Last edited:
So within that LOOK link, am I to follow instructions placed in that post? Happy to follow step by step if there is maybe a way to go back to default and just make sure I can get a signal.

I would go through the steps in Mr Latte's post if I were you and make sure you have the configuration and volume levels for the new shaker set correctly before putting any signal through it. From there, the input/output signal meters should give some clues on where to look next in the event that you still can't get any sign of it working.

Anton, we don't know here if the amp was bought as new, a demo unit or what last settings may have been used on the amp. It still seems very difficult to get you to show what the amp settings are from the various screens.

This is very easy, first confirm if the INPUT and OUTPUT levels are showing a signal from the connected soundcard.
No need for a multimeter

Edit: Also, I am not using any PC based software yet. Looks like that's what is shown in the link. Everything I've done, and it's not much at all, is via the built in, on amp menu.

:coffee:
Please download and connect the amp to the software.
We can also reset the amp to default.

Last edited:
Amp is brand new, bought it from a retail shop and had it posted. So yeah

. IMG_0179.jpgIMG_0181.jpgIMG_0182.jpgIMG_0183.jpgIMG_0184.jpgIMG_0185.jpgIMG_0180.jpgIMG_0186.jpgIMG_0187.jpgIMG_0188.jpgIMG_0189.jpgIMG_0190.jpg

Literally every screen on the amp.

I give up :redface:
AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Nobody asked you to photograph the amp menu display, the software man, the friggin software.....

Notice items highlighted in red

If needed you can reload the amps original preset via highlighting it and recall
You also use this to save and recall your own settings in different slots.

The meters are VERY noticeable.

If we have no input signal then it is clearly an issue with the adapters
If you do then the issue may be with the amp being faulty

You can go through that guide I linked as it covers most aspects (not all) the amp enables via the software.
Much easier to navigate as well than the front panel.

Last edited:
Clearly I'm struggling to understand exactly what I need to do

It looks like you don't have any profile loaded, so if you select "INIT_DATA" and then hit the "Recall" button as shown in Rod's picture it will load the factory profile. From there you can try a test tone from within SimHub and see if that screen then shows you any input/output on the meters.

I still don't understand why I need the software when all I wanted to do was power a device the old fashioned way.

Don't worry about that part just now, mate :)

The main thing is you now know that you have to investigate the output side of things from the amp to the shaker itself.

Can you connect up one of your existing shakers in place of the new unit and see if there's any change?

I still don't understand why I need the software when all I wanted to do was power a device the old fashioned way.

To help determine what the fault is.
Once the amp is configured it will always load the last state used,
The point was, we didn't know what state the settings were or if some stupid crossover setting was restricting the input/output.

For the Earthquake

You can now set 8ohm
Use screen controls to alter the digital wattage limit to 500w
If you are installing the unit upside down then set Phase 180

Avoid the Crossover and EQ settings as you have no interest in DSP

Save this as a preset for Earthquake in one of the free slots.

If testing the BK Mini
Then set that channel to 4ohm and set its digital wattage limit to 200w

If the amp is showing input/output signals with no response with either your Earthquake or BK
then sorry but unfortunately it appears an issue with the amp.

Last edited:
I've set the 8ohm mode from the PC. I have no idea where the wattage limit is. The unit isn't upside down but it's not right way up either. It's mounted to the rear of the seat. so 90 degrees to my back, I guess. Also, what mode? Stereo, Dual ???

I could wire up one of the Mini's and see if they work. Still no signal from the Earthquake.

Last edited:
I've set the 8ohm mode from the PC. I have no idea where the wattage limit is. The unit isn't upside down but it's not right way up either. It's mounted to the rear of the seat. so 90 degrees to my back, I guess. Also, what mode? Stereo, Dual ???

I could wire up one of the Mini's and see if they work. Still no signal from the Earthquake.

Follow the guide that was linked

Last edited:
I was concerned you maybe did something to the Earthquake but if no output with BK from NXD amp then it's the issue?

How did you wire up the SMSL to power the Earthquake?

SMSL98
Specifications:
• Power output: 2 x 160 watts max @ 4 ohms (12% THD), 2 x 80 watts max@ 6 ohms (10% THD), 2 x 60 watts max @ 8 ohms (10% THD) • Input sensitivity: 400 mV • Input power: 100-120 VAC 50/60 Hz • Dimensions (including knob): 3.85" W x 1.14" H x 6.61" D.

I don't see anything that recommends using that amp in bridge mode and in particular for 8ohms?
Specs for the smaller quake say it will operate from as little as 20w though.

Last edited:
I just wired it up as I did the Mini LFE's originally. It was fine. I never really used it as the amp came the next day and all I did was mount it, connect it up and do a test tone on it. Bridge mode I only did today once this amp started giving me the sh*ts as I wanted to see if I could get more power to the MQB-1. Honestly it didn't, really. It felt the same for the most part although it needed the whole dial turned up. When I connected it via a single channel, that would cut the amp out, so probably bridging reduced the power because of the resistance change?

I've wired a Mini LFE up to this NX1000D. Nothing coming from that either.

To clarify, the SpeakOn connectors are 4 pole. I think that's what it's called. I connect 1+ and 1- to positive and negative on the units, yes? The only thing I can think of is that I've done that wrong. There is signal from the PC to the amp, nothing from the amp to either unit.

F*cked if I know.

Off to bed. Tackle this tomorrow.

Last edited:
Yes, its the only other thing I can think of is an issue with the wiring for the SpeakON.
You mentioned having 4 Pole connectors instead of 2 Pole so perhaps recheck those, that you are wired into
No.1+ & No.1-

See Assembly Instructions in downloads.

Those following this thread, interested in the Behringer NXD amps
It would be my recommendation if you are new to all this to avoid adapters for connectors. Also, avoid buying your own speaker cable and having to wire on the SpeakON plugs,

Even if these factors are not the case in this particular scenario they can lead to more headaches.

Buy a decent cable for the soundcard-amp, to suit the soundcard connections required and with XLR.
To connect the tactile to the amp buy a 2 Pole SpeakON (NL2FX) cable that is already pre-wired to the length needed.

Last edited:
Hi,

I've read a fair bit from this very interesting and informative thread (not all of it though :rolleyes: )

I've got a BK Concert and am going to pair it to an NX3000D (1 channel - non bridged) and mount under my seat on my P1X.

I read before (but cant find it now) there is quieter fan I can use to replace the loud one in the 3000. Does anyone have a link please?

Regarding output and levels, can someone also recommend a USB soundcard that will work happily with SRS, and whether is is necessary for the convert the output to +4dBu for the 3000 input?

Many thanks

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back