T500RS wheel settings

Why 900 degrees if I may ask?
With a rotation less than 900° (we often see on the forums to adjust to 540° or less), the steering wheel is too direct and less precise. And with 900°, I was able to get better control of the vehicle. Of course, it's my opinion and my feeling, but it's the best I've been able to get so far and really better than I had before.

With a rotation less than 900° (we often see on the forums to adjust to 540° or less), the steering wheel is too direct and less precise. And with 900°, I was able to get better control of the vehicle. Of course, it's my opinion and my feeling, but it's the best I've been able to get so far and really better than I had before.
Dont you have to turn a lot in every corner?

slowly the fog is lifting why some racers say "whoosa" what an ffb and some are so disappointed.
thrustmaster highly recommend to use NO usb hub or something else - i had to fiddle a lot to find out which of my usb devices works well with usb hub and which not - cause the wheel needs one of the rare directly at the motherboard.
Interesting and good point. I use an USB hub since I have the wheel. With R3E and AC I do not have any issues. Why would I get these with ACC now?
Maybe depends on the hub you use. I use the LogiLink active repeater 4-port hub with 12m of cable.

The best steering rotation setting should be 620 degrees. That's what the virtual car seems to have (for whatever reason) currently, so using that matches your wheel perfectly with the in-game car, including the stops. If you set it above 620, you're not gaining or losing anything apart from the stops, the virtual wheel still only responds to 620 degrees of rotation and it still is 1:1. If you set it lower than 620 degrees, the in-game wheel still turns full 620 degrees, but your real wheel no longer matches that.

I use 1080 ingame, 1080 in the control panel, the game adjust itself to this.

Panel
Overall 80%
Constant 100%
Periodic 100%
Spring 100%
Damper 15%

Ingame 85% or less find your taste
Minimum force should be the highest number until the wheel does weird things.

FFB is ok in my T500 a bit flat with the road, but kerbs, jumps, car forces feelings are ok.

I can't relly get used to the curent FFB.

The first thing I noted, was the FFF not being linear at all. It starts really soft in the middle and in corners it ramps up to full force way to fast. A more linear power output would feel better.

The second thing is the massive dampening going on. They have build in some sort of gyro to dampen the feel. That is not a bad thing if done right. This might be ok with newer brushless wheels and stronger direct drive wheels, but the T500 has a lot of friction and dampening build in allready. So with the T500 you get a double dampened lifeless FFB.

All the details are filtered out.

The wheel is way to slow reacting to catch slides. It does not only react to late, it also dosn't reach its full possible rotation speed, because of the massive dampening going on. In a slide, the T500 is always behind the real wheel, what makes corrections really hard, if not impossible in most scenarios. The massive input lag the of the UE4 engine, doesn't make things better. Even without vsync, I get a lot of input lag.

i think dampening and gyro has to be 0 (zero) in the sim for the T500 to feel right.

Last edited:
I know they are working on it. The problem is, they don't want to put more settings and sliders in the settings screen. They want the same FFB for all the wheels on the market. But different wheels need different settings to feel right. I don't know how they'll fix this.

I hope they find a solution, or allow more settings.

The Devs confirmed on the official forum there is an issue with the dampening, like a FFB bug or something, kunos are aware and working on it, think I said they will add additional sliders as well in the next build in October.

I've set dynamic damping to 30 and road effects to 40 and it's a big step forward on my side (T500RS obviously).
To be honest, it's still not at the level of assetto corsa, but with these settings, I'm starting to feel the car in AC competizione.

Little tip I worked out a few years ago. when setting up the FFB for any Sim title. always put the overall strength to 100% and then lower the gain In game. by doing this you are allowing the FFB to have a bigger dynamic range of forces and much better detail in the FFB your using. think of it like this if your using 50% FFB In the panel and then 50% gain In game you have halved the FFB range thus making more forces blend together as there is half the detail allowed that there would be if you allowed 100% in the panel.

(control panel)
Overall - 100%
Constant - 100%
Periodic - 100%
Spring -0%
Damper - 0%
900 degree rotation

(In game)
Gain - 40%
Min force - 1% (by having it on 1% this always ensures the wheel is outputting some FFB, for instance on the straight roads this allows you to have a little more information regarding the surface type)

Please give these settings a try. FFB is very personal so you may dislike or you may prefer these settings, also worth noting this setup ensures quite a light wheel but wheel gets heavier in high speed corners simulating G-force so your not constantly fighting the wheel strength making it harder to fineness your inputs.
Hope this helps

Little tip I worked out a few years ago. when setting up the FFB for any Sim title. always put the overall strength to 100% and then lower the gain In game. by doing this you are allowing the FFB to have a bigger dynamic range of forces and much better detail in the FFB your using. think of it like this if your using 50% FFB In the panel and then 50% gain In game you have halved the FFB range thus making more forces blend together as there is half the detail allowed that there would be if you allowed 100% in the panel.
Or, alternatively, don't think of it like this and instead learn how it all actually works.

While reviewing the Kunos Simulazioni ACC change log file for 1.0.9, I found this bit of information.
On checking my own file, it was still set to 2 and I am on 1.0.10.
You may want to look at your own file to see if it has changed to 0.

- ForceFeedbackIntervalSteps now defaults to the highest frequency rate (0) when generated.
NOTE: if you already have the value in your controls.json, delete the line or the entire .json for the line to regenerate with the correct value or change the value manually to 0.
- Wheel controller is now polled at 333Hz.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Exposed forceFeedbackIntervalSteps in the controls.json in documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Config to increase Force Feedback frequency (0= 333Hz 1=222Hz 2=111Hz, default is 2).
NOTE: high-end wheels will benefit from using a higher frequency, but older wheels should keep setting "2" for compatibility.

My settings for T500 are overall 60
Constant 100
Periodic 100
Spring 5
Dampening 0
Auto center by game 0

Good tips there, but 900° is not replicating the steering lock of GT3 machinery. It is rather 620-520ish depending on car and track as far as I know. I set it to 540°.

I was under the impression that the game automatically alters the steering lock for the car your in. will try using 640 degree rotation and see how it feels. Thanks for the tip.

Or, alternatively, don't think of it like this and instead learn how it all actually works.

Like I stated FFB is a personal thing just because it works for one doesn't mean it will work for all. end of the day you don't have to know how everything works as long as it feels correct and natural, no I've never driven a GT3 before so don't know exactly how they feel, but i use what feels right and what gives me the most information through the wheel.

I was under the impression that the game automatically alters the steering lock for the car your in. will try using 640 degree rotation and see how it feels. Thanks for the tip.
You're welcome! There is a setting for wheel lock ingame. Not sure if you can leave the thrustmaster setting on 900° or if you have to change that one also. I did both to be sure. :geek:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 71 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 380 39.7%