T500RS wheel settings

These are my current settings, i don't think that they are ideal so let's discuss them

ACC Version : 0.1.1

ACC in game settings

GAIN : 75
MINIMUM STRENGTH : 0

TM control panel settings

upload_2018-9-14_20-11-15.png

upload_2018-9-14_20-10-32.png

(It's not necessary to set spring and damper to 0, they either don't do anything even set to 100 because the game doesn't use these at all - like ACC seems to, or in some games, you're actually taking away intended FFB by setting them to 0, for example, doing that in the original AC meant losing the wheel weight on a stationary or very slowly - less than 5 kph, I believe - moving car.)

• Deleted member 379375

(It's not necessary to set spring and damper to 0, they either don't do anything even set to 100 because the game doesn't use these at all - like ACC seems to, or in some games, you're actually taking away intended FFB by setting them to 0, for example, doing that in the original AC meant losing the wheel weight on a stationary or very slowly - less than 5 kph, I believe - moving car.)

yes i've found that, i wonder if the lack of feeling is linked to the sliders not working .Kunos are looking at the widely reported dullness of the T500rs and others in ACC so I'm waiting on the fix as there is little to tweak.

These are mine:

In game:

Gain: 75
Min force: 0
Wheel rotation: 540 degrees (important! - needs to match whatever you have this set to in the control panel, try 540 and see if it works for you)

Thrustmaster Control panel:

Wheel rotation: 540 degrees
Overall strength: 60%
Constant: 100%
Periodic: 100%
Spring: 0%
Damper: 0%

Auto center: by the game

Feels good to me. I've never set spring and damper to anything other than 0 for any game and I've not had issues with wheel weight at lower speeds. You shouldn't need to be muscle man to turn the wheel on a car from a stand still.

yes i've found that, i wonder if the lack of feeling is linked to the sliders not working

I wouldn't expect that. It's fairly rare when modern games actually use these, so I wouldn't expect ACC to do so. Like I said, even the original AC used the damper only for creating the static wheel weight and the effect went away as soon as the car was moving faster than I believe 5 kph, and I believe I've seen some mentions from the devs expressing their intent to remove even this completely and don't use the damper for anything.

I've never set spring and damper to anything other than 0 for any game and I've not had issues with wheel weight at lower speeds. You shouldn't need to be muscle man to turn the wheel on a car from a stand still.

That's of course entirely your choice. Just be aware that by setting it to 0, you are taking away FFB that was intended to be there in the first place, even if it's something very minor in case of AC (but not so minor with some other games, most notably Dirt Rally and Dirt 4).

But you're also kinda wrong - on many race cars, it is actually pretty hard to turn the wheel while they're not moving, because there's no power steering, and the steering ratios are not in favor of light wheel. And with some of them, especially some open wheelers, it doesn't get much better even while they are actually moving.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/motorsports/news/a18270/you-think-driving-an-indy-car-is-easy/

Last edited:
Thrustmaster:
Rotation 900degrees
Overall 45%
Rest 100%
Ingame
Gain 70
Min Force 0

With ingame Gain 75 its much to strong for me - battling with the wheel...meh.
wonder how you can enjoy so much ffb??
maybe cause i am used to a relatively weak ffb?
hmm...

Looks like we all came to almost same settings. Here are mine:
Wheel rotation:450 degrees
In game:
Rotation 450
Gain 75 and
Min force 0 (tried 5 and didn't feel good at all)

Looks like we all came to almost same settings. Here are mine:
Wheel rotation:450 degrees
In game:
Rotation 450
Gain 75 and
Min force 0 (tried 5 and didn't feel good at all)
Biggest difference is the rotation.
I have set it on 900 degrees.
My physical wheel is in sync with the virtual wheel.
what is the reason you use 450?
I also have heard of 560 in another forum.

I have exact same settings as you guys, 60, 100, 100, 0, 0 in TM T500 control panel, 75ish gain (Keep playing around with this), min force 0.

It just feels rubbish tbh :/ I thought the hot fix fixed it but actually dont think it did, I can feel kerbs and bumps fine, steering is heavyish but Im not feeling whats happening with the car at all, over steer moments are really slow and sluggish, not enjoying driving ACC in its current state unfortunately, and I was super hyped for it as well, being a massive fan of AC, I expected an evolution but keep what was so amazing, which was the FFB!

• Deleted member 379375

yes i've found that, i wonder if the lack of feeling is linked to the sliders not working .Kunos are looking at the widely reported dullness of the T500rs and others in ACC so I'm waiting on the fix as there is little to tweak.

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/first-impressions-and-feedback.50941/page-2

We believe the main issue is that the widely used T500 results very damped and pretty flat in terms of FFB.
Other wheels are reacting as we expected (everything can be improved of course) and giving proper results.

We are investigating the T500 FFB issues, thank you for your patience

Good to hear it's not what was intended. Provided it relates to the T300 as well - somebody asked the very same question there, and it went without answer :(

Though now that I'm thinking about it, it might be worth a try to test the FFB in Win7 vs Win10, or perhaps even see if it might be driver/firmware related, since some T300 users are reporting wildly different FFB than how I would describe mine.

From the official Assetto Corsa forums, might be worth a try for those of you having issues:

I've just has a breakthrough... might be a lucky strike I don't know but...

Before- after installing ACC it automatically detected my v3's and t500 so I jumped on track but had that dead FFB feeling as so many others had reported.

Tried NUMEROUS control panel settings but nothing seemed to give me that feel I expected.

I decided to press the "detect" button with the ACC settings and immediately following that, I've 80% or more of the FFB I get within AC.

Now I can play it, and boy does it feel good!!

@Aristotelis - is there anything in this maybe ??

Anyway- try it, certainly worked for me guys :)

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/t500rs-ffb-rattle-at-speed.50913/#post-990382

That's of course entirely your choice. Just be aware that by setting it to 0, you are taking away FFB that was intended to be there in the first place, even if it's something very minor in case of AC (but not so minor with some other games, most notably Dirt Rally and Dirt 4).

But you're also kinda wrong - on many race cars, it is actually pretty hard to turn the wheel while they're not moving, because there's no power steering, and the steering ratios are not in favor of light wheel. And with some of them, especially some open wheelers, it doesn't get much better even while they are actually moving.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/motorsports/news/a18270/you-think-driving-an-indy-car-is-easy/

I don't play either Dirt games so I can't speak about those but for what I do play (AC, R3E, Pcars2, Rfactor2) those control panel settings work great and I get the feeling I want.

Indycar is the exception these days (as far as no electric/hydraulic power steering goes) and I don't see the fun in having to fight with my wheel when turning the car out of the pit garage from a standstill. Beyond that, this isn't a direct drive wheel we are talking about so I can live with little details like that not being 100% accurate.

I was disappointed with the feeling of my T500RS since the first try. It has been better with the first hotfix but still under my expectation.
So I decided to move my USB wheel from an external USB card (it was plugged here for ages and was working fine in AC) to an USB directly from my motherboard.
That does the trick on my system. Now the FFB seems ok. I'm able to feel the car bouncing on kerbs. That was not the case before so I'm 100% sure that it's not a placebo effect.
Someone says on assetto corsa forum that applying detect devices in games give him the same result.
If you experience that bad feeling with T500RS, try it to see if it could solve your problem.

FYI, I'm using Win7 and the latest thrusmaster driver ( package 1.TTRS.2018 , Firmware 47.00, driver 2.10.9.0)

Last edited:
slowly the fog is lifting why some racers say "whoosa" what an ffb and some are so disappointed.
thrustmaster highly recommend to use NO usb hub or something else - i had to fiddle a lot to find out which of my usb devices works well with usb hub and which not - cause the wheel needs one of the rare directly at the motherboard.

Its not just a T500 thing, a lot of people reporting the same thing on many different wheels, feeling slow and slugish, oversteer moments are really slow to react.

They said that the FFB is directly connected to the physics and nothing else, no other enhanced filters or effects. This was done on purpose to help problems and issues becoming easier to fix.

More effects like understeer effect or increased oversteer feelings will come later, for now I will have to put it on the shelf and wait for it to be improved as its not enjoyable to drive at all IMO. It's a shame because it looks and sounds incredible, and I know it will be an amazing game eventually.

Only one big complain: FFB

I´m a TS-PC owner and poorest feelings than AC:

- The ffb dont inform me what is going on the car, in RF2 i notice when i´m overdriving and the car "want to lose" (sorry for my english). Then i can correct naturally.
- Some curbs give me information, some dont.
- There is some strange effect in the main straight wich i supose is a bump, but is so rude, that it isn´t feel natural.

I´m happy with every else (FPS sure will improve).

I rely Kunos will solve it, it´s an early access, but at the same time it´s only one car and one track, i´m a bit disappointment.

They said that the FFB is directly connected to the physics and nothing else, no other enhanced filters or effects. This was done on purpose to help problems and issues becoming easier to fix.

But there are people who say that FFB its excellent... I´m confused.

I tried and looked for different settings since yesterday and I finally found a setting that gives the feeling, an ideal steering wheel weight and good FFB.
My current best time is 1.56.844 in hotlap. I improved by 1.5 seconds in a few laps with these settings (For information, my pedal is a fanatec clubsport v3).

T500RS:
Wheel rotation: 900 degrees !!!
Overall strength: 70%
Constant: 89%
Periodic: 76%
Spring: 10%
Damper: 60%

In game:
Rotation: 900 degrees !!!
Gain: 80
Minimum force: 0

Latest News