PC1 T500rs & Key Mapping

Hello folks,
A "real old" guy needs some help.
First, I am reading all I can and working through good setups for pCars and slowly getting there.

Dilemma:

I have NOT changed any keymapping in pCars and would like too.

I have a questions maybe some of you folks using the T500 - I can press on Button 13, lowest middle button, and the screen changes / changes FOV / or resets...........I cannot find anything in pCars that's referencing this button..........Do any of you know what it's doing??? again, no key mapping in pCars has been done and have installed/default T500rs???

Secondly: Do any of you folks have your T500rs mapped / or / any other wheel where I could see
what you have mapped to what buttons.........this would be a big help.

Finally: When I do press the keyboard keys, like for FOV, nothing happens...it's like the settings in
pCars are not matching the keyboard keys that it says it should be. None seem to work.

I know these are probably silly questions, but "me" just cannot find the answers that I can wrap my
head around.

Your patience and help would be most appreciated.

Tom

Hello Kyle,
Well, I did go to the "Edit Assignment" screen, and looked at the current default settings, but it doesn't show anything being mapped to the T500 #13 button / or / anything showing button 13.....and that's what I'm trying to figure out...
When I press the #13 on the T500, it does something with FOV / or / Reset Screen, but I sure know it looks different.
Thanks so much for your reply.

The key mapping in this game is a bit broken from time to time, I had multiple buttons assigned that weren't showing up in the Edit Assignment menu. I "fixed" it be reassigning those buttons to different funtions, then overwrite them with other buttons again and then place them where I wanted them. That was the only way for me to not get double assignments.

Ah, I'm on the same page now. You are looking for the "hidden mappings". I've never seen them exposed anywhere. For the default mappings, SMS is able to do some clever tricks (like double binding buttons) which you cannot do in the UI, so you won't be able to see them unfortunately.

I would just work on setting up the controller for the way it works best for you.

Kyle,
Your are absolutely right - "hidden mappings"..........gee whiz....just don't know why we don't have the whole mappings package.
Will set up "what I can" to my liking and let it be.
Thanks so very much for your reply and information.

Kyle,
Your are absolutely right - "hidden mappings"..........gee whiz....just don't know why we don't have the whole mappings package.
Will set up "what I can" to my liking and let it be.
Thanks so very much for your reply and information.
If you double map, the hidden mappig is gone.

Hello again Frank,
Can you explain further "how I accomplish this"???
Thanks so very much.

Tom
Hai Tom!
You take the button that is currently bound to a hidden binding, rebind it to for example wipers, then you rebind wipers to a key on your keyboard and then you rebind the button to whatever you want. That worked for all my buttons on my T500RS atleast :).

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 167 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 320 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 449 39.2%