T500RS feels weird

Hey all,

i just got my new t500rs and cant find the right feel ffb settings...all suggestions in the net are telling the same story but when i setup my wheel like they said, i dont think its realistic...the wheel feels way to heavy and like numb to the surface...its just way less alive then my old DFGT...can anyone maybe give me an advice how to tweak it, so that i can feel more of the road`?

btw my tm control panel is set like this:

all forces: 85%
constant: 100%
periodic: 100%
spring: 0%
damping: 0%
autocenter by game

but i think it feels dampened even when damping is disabled...and weight transfers feels weird too...no matter what game i use...feels weird and way to heavy compared to my old DFGT

Upvote 0
btw my tm control panel is set like this:

all forces: 85%
constant: 100%
periodic: 100%
spring: 0%
damping: 0%
autocenter by game
Unless you are an iron or steel worker, I'd highly advise you to lower that all forces from 85 to something in the 50-55 range.
All the other settings look fairly reasonable.
What games are you running?
That's what is needed next to help with final settings inside the game interface.

Upvote 0
its mostly weird in assetto corsa...i already tried the LUT-generator but no chance...i have like a strange locking feel when centering the wheel...like when iam steering from left to right when going over the center...also the wheight transfers are mostly not existent...sry for my bad english^^

Upvote 0
Why would you want to lower the power output of your wheel? Normally you set it to 100% so you know it outputs as much as it can. Then you go into the game and check for ffb clipping and reduce the ingame ffb setting until it outputs 100% only in max load conditions.

I imagine a T500 @ 50% weaker than a G25....

Upvote 0
Why would you want to lower the power output of your wheel? Normally you set it to 100% so you know it outputs as much as it can. Then you go into the game and check for ffb clipping and reduce the ingame ffb setting until it outputs 100% only in max load conditions.

I imagine a T500 @ 50% weaker than a G25....
The TM control panel is deceiving. 75% is the 100% equivalent. Everything above 75% is just compressing the forces, just like setting the Logitech Profiler to 110% to eliminate deadzone.

Through testing and analyzis many have confirmed that the most linear setting, that provides the biggest range of detail is between 50-60%, while not really loosing on the maximum output (2-5% at worst)

Upvote 0
because i am using the LUT-generator i have min forces ingame set to 0...enhanced understeer is disabled and i used gyro before but its no big difference for me...
You might want to try with default FFB without LUT. For me it killed the feeling with a T300, became wobbly, disconnected, strange to drive. Still using defaults with all the artificial stuff turned off, understeering off, and just a hint of minimal force. And overall force (in game) set at 80%, as everything above clips like hell.

Upvote 0
You might want to try with default FFB without LUT. For me it killed the feeling with a T300, became wobbly, disconnected, strange to drive. Still using defaults with all the artificial stuff turned off, understeering off, and just a hint of minimal force. And overall force (in game) set at 80%, as everything above clips like hell.

okay i will try it and report back...thx for the help guys!
btw: it feels like there is some kind of spring effect enabled even when i dont have it on...only in assetto corsa...and when iam going straight my wheel starts jittering like iam driving over grass or something...pretty weird

Last edited:
Upvote 0
okay i will try it and report back...thx for the help guys!
btw: it feels like there is some kind of spring effect enabled even when i dont have it on...only in assetto corsa...and when iam going straight my wheel starts jittering like iam driving over grass or something...pretty weird
Usually a sign of too much overall and/or minimum force, when it still wants to fight against itself when it should be just 0% FFB in that state. Try the default settings and with TM control panel reset to default (75/100/100/100/100/900°). ;)

Upvote 0
The TM control panel is deceiving. 75% is the 100% equivalent. Everything above 75% is just compressing the forces, just like setting the Logitech Profiler to 110% to eliminate deadzone.

Through testing and analyzis many have confirmed that the most linear setting, that provides the biggest range of detail is between 50-60%, while not really loosing on the maximum output (2-5% at worst)

If you would ask me what it feels when you set the driver from 100% to 75% I would refere to the second graph in this opening post here: http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...based-on-seriously-flawed-assumptions.124937/

I could never recreate a wheelcheck graph in any sim. It always feels linear... and not oversaturated..or compressed.

Upvote 0
i think i got it now...just had to check center by the wheel itself @0% for assetto somehow...i reduced the overall forces to 50% and now its seems to be fine...
Had to scrape in... I think there is also some kind of issue with win10 and atleast z170 chipset. For me it's working fine for a while (occasionally) and then it goes numb and all the feel is gone. It really is annoying... Most of the time driver reinstall helps, but not always.

Upvote 0
Had to scrape in... I think there is also some kind of issue with win10 and atleast z170 chipset. For me it's working fine for a while (occasionally) and then it goes numb and all the feel is gone. It really is annoying... Most of the time driver reinstall helps, but not always.
i think its really because of win10...it contstantly updated my old DFGT and windows only recognizes it as a DF Pro...that was annoying too...yeah reinstalling software and drivers always worked for me...so far no more issues here...thx to all again!!!

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 206 14.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 112 7.6%
  • < 5 years