T500rs driver/control panel issues

Bez

All the gear, no idea...
Anyone had issues with the wheel not being recognised properly by the thrustmaster control panel?
In the past when ive had this problem (been ongoing for a while now) I could fix it by un-installing the drivers and then reinstalling and restarting windows, tonight ive been unable to fix it with multiple attempts/restarts.
image.png

image.png

I think I've fixed it, went onto the thrustmaster support site and found a newer driver version than the one i was using, installed this one and after a restart im back in business.

Upvote 0
And also be sure that (in case of t300rs) that the switch for playstation compatibility is set to PS3 and not PS4 (if set to ps4 it behaves exactly as described in OP, spent some time trying to fix with new drivers etc, and it all was solved by changing that switch)

Upvote 0
Interesting, I'll have to check out that out today too. I'm using a Fanatec CSW v2 now but I still have my T500 and TX also.
How about writing up a comparative review between the three when you've had a chance to go back and feel how inferior the Thrustmasters are compared to the v2? :)

I'm seriously curious how the power, smoothness, notchiness and agility of the wheels differ, I.e. Just how much value (besides looks and rim quality) the upgrade gave you.

Upvote 0
How about writing up a comparative review between the three when you've had a chance to go back and feel how inferior the Thrustmasters are compared to the v2? :)

I'm seriously curious how the power, smoothness, notchiness and agility of the wheels differ, I.e. Just how much value (besides looks and rim quality) the upgrade gave you.

Might take some time to do but I'll see if I can work something up.

Upvote 0
Also check if you aren't using USB 3, this can cause the issue too.

I'm not having any issues with any of my wheels but I will say this, the CSW v2 refuses to work properly on USB 3.0 on my PC. I tried it with the Intel Z77 USB ports and the ASmedia USB ports and neither work. However, my T500 and TX work fine on USB 3.0.

Upvote 0
To OP...As Blkout said...the drivers are not installed.
Don't forget to disconnect the wheel before starting the driver installation.
It'll prompt you on when to reconnect it during the driver install.
Prior to seeing this post, I also posted a tip which worked great for me with wheel/pedals etc...issues related to connecting and disconnecting from USB3.0 ports using the Asmedia controller.
It corrected all of my issues with pedal spiking, loss of full deflection, pedals not recognized after sleep, etc....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm not having any issues with any of my wheels but I will say this, the CSW v2 refuses to work properly on USB 3.0 on my PC. I tried it with the Intel Z77 USB ports and the ASmedia USB ports and neither work. However, my T500 and TX work fine on USB 3.0.
I had the exact same issue as you, at some point I got it working again but after a reboot it all started over again. I installed Windows 7 instead of 8 and all my issues were gone :).

Upvote 0
To OP...As Blkout said...the drivers are not installed.
Don't forget to disconnect the wheel before starting the driver installation.
It'll prompt you on when to reconnect it during the driver install.
Prior to seeing this post, I also posted a tip which worked great for me with wheel/pedals etc...issues related to connecting and disconnecting from USB3.0 ports using the Asmedia controller.
It corrected all of my issues with pedal spiking, loss of full deflection, pedals not recognized after sleep, etc....
Yeah I've got no USB 3 ports on my motherboard, and the drivers were deffinatly installed correctly, I suspect the issues were compatibility with the previous drivers and windows 10, I've since gone back to 8.1 as the last big update on 10 had graphical glitches that were making it unusable.

Upvote 0
I currently use the t500 as pedals for my new wheel and recently started getting the same problem again, tried the same method of driver removal but the next day same again and this time it was being more stubborn to fix, I was plugging into the back of my new wheel which has a powered USB hub and since switching back to a USB port directly on the PC it seems stable so far, seems to indicate its maybe USB power related.

Upvote 0
ok so the easy way to fix this..

Go to windows / devices and printers /

wheel should be there.

Properties>hardware>USB input device>Properties>change settings> update driver (manually path to TM driver folder). Update Done. Why t f does the driver just detach is beyond me!

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 96 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 71 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 77 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 49 6.4%
  • < 5 years