T500 shifter - stripped clamping screw

I have a T500 Thrustmaster shifter and I have been very happy with it. I modded it a bit and with lubrication and an exernal switch works better than when new.

The only problem I have now is that I run out of thread in the clamping screw.
I first stripped the thread for my table thickness, so I added a piece of wood to move the screw a bit. Then I stripped that area of the screw, until now I jhave only a little bit left and I know soon I won;t have a way to c;lamp it.

It seems thrustmaster decided to save money in the clamping materials as everything else is built like a tank.

I have been trying to figure out if there would be another way to quickly clamp and remove the shifter. I don;t care that much about my desk, but I don;t have enough space for a cockpit in my garage and even if I did, I have 2 shifters (My old G25 converted to sequential only) and I often substitute them for one another. I love the T500 sequential, but taking apart the shifter just to get a sequential shifter is something I do for special occasions. When I mess around testing cars it
s easier to just switch shifters.

I have some ideas, mostly involving screws and drilling, but if anyone has a better idea I am all ears.

Thank you

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 340 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing