T500 RS - Guinea-Pig required!

MrPix

Project Immersion
After upgrading in December 2011 to the T500 RS, I decided I wanted to carry out my dream of making a F1 wheel but I am reluctant to void any warranties as the wheel was so much more expensive than my previous two!

Sooo... how would I connect it to the body of the T500 RS without having to disassemble the wheel Rim?

I'm an impatient sort so when I found out that there was an F1 Ferrari Wheel Addon for my new wheel, I purchased it with the intention of modding it with an SLI-Pro and some encders to replace the faux buttons, but my wife pointed out that I would void the warrnty on that if I did that and would not beable to sell to put towards my next upgrade, so got back on track for making my own F1 wheel rim from scratch

Looking at the F1 Addon wheel got me thinking about utilising the pseudo quick release mechanism that Thrustmaster have built in to the steering column to use my own self built F1 style wheel) instead of the stock GT wheel or the Addon wheel and I set about making an adapter to suit.

I believe that this particular feat has not been done before in this manner and I have made an adapter that requires no disassembly of the wheel Rim other than the normal wheel interchange procedure that is required for the F1 Addon wheel that Thrustmaster themselves promote.... a single screw and turn the collar to remove wheel (a) reverse the procedure to fit wheel (b)!

Whilst my adapter utilises this same mechanism on the wheel body and does not use or impede any connections within it. I have spent quite a lot of time (and money) in making this adapter and have the facility to produce more if there is a demand and would like to share it with others at some stage in the future, but for the moment it needs some rigorous testing and I currently don't have another wheel rim that I can attach to it as I have sold my G27 and have no 3rd party wheels in the house, nor am I close to finishing the custom wheel rim myself.

Upshot...
Soo... what I am after is a guinea pig (preferably in the UK, but not essential) that has a T500 RS and wants to attach (and has already got) a 3rd Party wheel with a 6-bolt (M5) - 70mm PCD fixing. I will happily ship a 'P1x-T500-QR' prototype adapter in return for some tough real life testing and feedback and... if the product is OK (I have good faith it will be, but you never know) a review /pics that I can use in marketing the product on my own site (this forum is not the place).

I'll upload some pics when I find my camera, its soo small I keep misplacing it!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 8.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 185 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 363 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 505 39.0%