T500 reset calibration with a (not thrustmaster) wheel

Hi everybody!

I have this annoying issue from time to time..when I plug my t500 to my Pc sometimes after the automatic calibration the wheel is not centered. If I tried to allinge it perfectly on the center I can see from the control panel wheel section that is around 44.5 degrees instead of 50.0. So I do remember and read on the office site than you can reset the value to the correct 50.0 in this way

Make sure that your racing wheel is perfectly centered ; while holding it in this position, press the START, SELECT & MODE buttons simultaneously (SE, ST & MODE buttons on the GT wheel; BO, WET & MODE buttons on the F1 wheel).

I have always used this tips but now the problem is this.. I'm using another wheel different from the original Thrustmaster Ferrari F1 replica wheel.. So I'm not able to push any button but the MODE one.. Is there any other way to fix this? It's a pain in the neck if every time I have to unmount my new wheel and put the original one just to calibrate it.. Thank you in advance for any help! :)

I had exactly the same problems. I found a tutorial somewhere how to program an Arduino board to act as a tm Ferrari wheel. With the Arduino and some wires to the pin holes of the wheel hub, I finally recalibrated the wheel

Upvote 0
Maybe you can solve your problem with joytokey? bind a key that will replicate the button combo of the t500...

Tried last night...unfortunately joytojey allows joypad to act like a keyboard...I need the opposite to bind a key for the wheel combo...but without the proper Thrustmaster wheel that (as @UnixRoot said above) has some pin to be connected to the wheel hub...it's so annoying! Is that possible? No chance to recalibrate the wheel via software??

EDIT: maybe this could help?

https://www.pcars-forum.de/attachment/23665-t300motorcalibration-pdf/

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 234 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years