T500 Play in the wheel

A bit concerned about my T500RS, the wheel seems to have developed a bit of play side to side and up\down (particularly up\down) which I'm sure wasn't there before, I'm pretty sure the wheel was fairly solid before?

The wheel was purchased in Dec 2012 so still under Warranty, I've just phoned TM and now waiting for an email with the Procedure to follow, anyone know if they work on the same principle as Logitech, i.e. send a new unit and you cut the USB plug off the old one or do I have to send this one back first?

Regards

Hmm well I thought they were sending me a "Returns Procedure" but what they actually sent was the attached .PDF

Most of the screws inside after removing the wheel were actually lose and once tightened and reassembled it feels good again. The email also said "Besides the steps in the procedure, we also recommend you to add a drop of glue on each screw that you have to tighten.", I didn't do that as I wanted to see if it worked first but I'm now going to remove the wheel again and put a drop of glue on each of the screws I tightened.

Regards

Craig

Attachments

• T500_RS_-_The_detachable_wheel_feels_loose_or_wobbly.pdf
    158.6 KB · Views: 562
Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%