T500 or TX my upgrade dillema

I'm looking to upgrade from my g27, I just built a new PC for sim racing but also have ps3. But honestly don't see myself playing gt6 that much anymore! So my question is, TX with gte rim and my nixim V2 g27 pedals, or the t500 and it's stock pedals. I've read that a lot of people like the tx over the t500 for the smooth ffb, but what about the pedals? I do like the nixim modded brake on my g27 pedals. Thanks for any input!

I seriously wanted to buy a TX but after reading countless reviews for the past week at various online suppliers, I think I'll go with a T500RS instead.
While the TX seems a bit better in terms of force feedback, it's difficult to overlook the numerous reports of failures...(32 on Amazon.com alone).
http://www.amazon.com/Thrustmaster-...dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1
They're guys there reporting two and sometimes three failures in rapid succession.
Some have even reported smoke and burnt smells etc...
While all electronics are subject to some level of failure...new or not, I do not like the odds on this one.
It's a very high failure rate for this much money.
I think I'll settle for the T500.
Now if only I could buy the wheel alone minus pedals.
I already own Clubsports.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I recon new batches of TX don´t have that issue though. But I suppose it may still be a gamble with old stock available unless Thrustmaster has recalled them :)

I have endurance tested mine heavy already holds up still. Doing a 24h LeMans currently. Well not alone of course :D

Upvote 0
My TX has been working great for months now. Amazon has a full refund policy within 30 days and if your TX is defctive, most die within the first week or less. That being said I dont think its quite the issue that it was with early batches based on more recent reports on the forums in the last few months. I dont always trust Amazon or any other online reviews 100%. The T500RS is a good package though. Should be no regrets.

Upvote 0
Despite not getting a clamp...(none available)...I'm now up and running again.
I hard mounted the wheel to a square piece of 3/4 thick marine ply and C-clamped that to my desk.
It's 'rock' solid with absolutely zero flex or movement...probably better than the clamp.
I also did the 41 firmware update which optimizes latency.
This thing is nice with Clubsports.
I'm feeling forces and undulations never felt before on track.

Upvote 0
I'm looking at the recently announced TS300 RS with PS 3&4 and PC compatibility. Looks like the base is paired with a rebadged GTE wheel.

http://www.thrustmaster.com/press/t300-rs-first-official-force-feedback-wheel-playstation-4

Sure wish Thrustmaster would let us pick and choose components. Annoyed the MS, Sony, and Thrustmaster for not allowing wheelsets to work across ALL platforms. :mad: Ridiculous and the consoles are only hurting themselves.

It looks like they're also going to release a T300 with the GTE wheel too.

http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_UK/p...w-turn-playstation-4-playstation-3-and-pc-too

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back