T500 Advanced Mode (PC) - what does it actually do?

So from my understanding it should only change the buttons (i.e. so that some buttons aren't bound twice). Yet, to me it appears as if the wheel is a lot more sensitive once it's being put in advanced mode.

Did anyone else carry out some testing or knows about the exact things changing by activating it, apart from the button thing, through other means?

Thanks!

Tom

This is only with the F1 wheel? I think in normal mode it acts as the GT wheel and in advanced as the F1 wheel.
But I never noticed any difference in sensitive.

"On PC, in "Normal Mode", the Ferrari F1 racing wheel is recognized as a "T500 RS" wheel

= It appears onscreen and in games under the name Thrustmaster T500 RS Racing Wheel
= It is compatible with the T500 RS PRESETS already built into certain games (i.e. “F1 2011-PC”)

In "Advanced Mode", the Ferrari F1 racing wheel receives another name, and is no longer recognized as a "T500 RS".

= It appears onscreen and in games under the name "Ferrari F1 wheel Integral T500"
= Go to your games Controller options to configure your racing wheel according to your preference (this is required in “F1 2011-PC”, for instance).

Upvote 0
Yeah that's all pretty clear to me, I'm just confused as to why the sensitivity is increased. I'll probably have to test and compare that in several games. :)

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 78 12.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 57 9.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 64 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 37 5.9%
  • < 5 years