T3PA-PRO Throttle/Clutch Squeaking

So I picked up a set of new T3PA-PRO pedals and they're great but after a few hours of use the throttle pedal started to squeak it sounds like there isn't enough oil where the pedal rotates. I'm not sure. But here is an example of what it sounds like, this guy had the same problem as I did so I'll link the vid, not sure what to do.¬.

My T3PA non-pro started doing the same after maybe 20 hours of use. WD40 didn't work. Squeak source unknown until I dismantle the entire set and risk warranty :\

Upvote 0
My T3PA non-pro started doing the same after maybe 20 hours of use. WD40 didn't work. Squeak source unknown until I dismantle the entire set and risk warranty :\
did you take out the fourteen screws at the back(carefull with the mobo plug so dont rip the cover out)then lubricated the axle???(worked for me lasted about 2 months before it started again and did the same thing and stopped again)(i used wd-40 btw)

Upvote 0
did you take out the fourteen screws at the back(carefull with the mobo plug so dont rip the cover out)then lubricated the axle???(worked for me lasted about 2 months before it started again and did the same thing and stopped again)(i used wd-40 btw)

The pedals are really low quality unfortunately. After little time the brake spring starts leaving the plastic bump which holds it in place, and everytime you brake and release it the sprint jumps out with a "tock" sound. I had to put a piece of cardboard between the spring and the plastic bump to stop it. The squeek sound stopped when I did that.

Upvote 0
T3PA pedals quality is terrible. You get what you pay for I guess. My throttle started to squeak and the the potentiometer started to spike. Not wanting to go through the hassle of returning it and because I enjoy goofing with stuff, I bought a load cell mod off eBay, moved the brake potentiometer to the throttle and sprayed the joints with GT85. They work really well now and are very enjoyable.

In hindsight I should have bought a load cell Fanatec CSL pedals. Duh.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 339 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 172 7.9%
  • < 5 years