T3PA-Pro - stiffer springs

Fat-Alfie

Premium
I have fitted, and am very happy with, an after-market conical brake mod. This, however, has left my clutch and accelerator springs feeling rather weak. I looked on ebay and found these for £5

upload_2019-9-30_12-28-0.png

They have an outside diameter of 11mm, meaning they fit inside the original Thrustmaster coil springs, and I would say increase the force required by about 50%. Not hugely stiffer, but enough to make both pedals feel better. It takes about 5 minutes to fit them and no other modifications are necessary :)

Yeah, I looked at that first but I thought I'd try the £5 option before the £20 option :laugh:

I've used 2 of the 4 springs that I bought, so if anyone out there wants slightly stiffer pedals PM me your postal address (UK only I guess) and I'll send the remaining 2 to you :)

Upvote 0
I have also tried this spring in the accelerator and other than snapping a screw during fitting (those darn nuts!) all was well although it is a lot harder than a mod to fit, lots of screws. You need to greese the spring quite extensively however as it rubs on the existing outer screw, I used a bunch of PTFE but any thick grease like lithium would do it just to reduce the noise and damage they both take from this.

The response to pressure isn't really linear anymore, at the end of the travel there is a notch that has to be pushed through and that is probably the biggest problem with this spring mod. I would say it represents maybe a 50% increase in difficulty to push the pedal on average, so it is noticeable and a bit more controllable but it also isn't a massive improvement.

Upvote 0
I have fitted, and am very happy with, an after-market conical brake mod. This, however, has left my clutch and accelerator springs feeling rather weak. I looked on ebay and found these for £5

View attachment 326887

They have an outside diameter of 11mm, meaning they fit inside the original Thrustmaster coil springs, and I would say increase the force required by about 50%. Not hugely stiffer, but enough to make both pedals feel better. It takes about 5 minutes to fit them and no other modifications are necessary :)
Hey Alfie, do you remember what length? 35mm? and most important what wire diameter you purchased? Im looking at a 0.8 wire diameter, 11mm OutDia, and 35mm length.

Was the 11mm good or should i go 10mm im scared it might rub and make more noise, was that an issue with you?

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 219 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 160 7.8%
  • < 5 years