T3PA Load Cell Mod

I have the same mod, been using it for months. Although I just replaced my pedals with Clubsport V3s, the loadcell mod for the T3PAs is very good indeed. From what I can gather this mod is identical to the Bodin set which is accurately reviewed by Sim Racing News. The required force is about 45kg, so shoes needed. With my Playseat Challenge I would have to adjust the upper level to about 75% in AC and RF2, if you hard mount then no issue. There is very little travel, so it is a very stiff brake pedal which feels 100% RACECAR and is a vast huge improvement over the standard mouse spring!

Enjoy!

Upvote 0
Thanks all - since found out it's 20kg that suits my sock SIM setup.
I also have a playseat challenge but already have hardmountedy pedals and they do not move
Is it only 20kg? oops. Regardless, I could not use it without my moccasin slippers. I also bought some gripper tape for the brake pedal to stop my foot sliding off!

BTW, the issue with the Playseat is the chair lifts with efforts over about 75%.

Upvote 0
Is it only 20kg? oops. Regardless, I could not use it without my moccasin slippers. I also bought some gripper tape for the brake pedal to stop my foot sliding off!

BTW, the issue with the Playseat is the chair lifts with efforts over about 75%.
Apparently so chap, it's coming tomorrow.

We shall see how it compares to my current squash ball

Upvote 0
So how is it?

I'm currently waiting for parts to do this DYI build: https://revolutionsimracing.com/threads/t3pa-loadcell-upgrade-diy-guide.1588/

It's not warranty safe though.
That's better having the electronics inside the base unit - I would have preferred this approach myself and may even look to extent the wires myself as they only long enough for the ADSL adaptor box. Apart from that it's identical, also being 20kg but I note the OP in that guide has fitted the load sensor the other way i.e top of the fixing rather than the rubber stopper being at the bottom like the one I purchased.

1f39c2_350fd51d6684449daf7ee694c0578d8f~mv2.webp

It's definitely shaved my lap times, still getting used to the near zero throw, it has some flex but nowhere near what I'm used to.

It's expensive for what it is, but again nothing in SIM racing is ever cheap so it's the price you have to pay.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.5%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 169 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 321 27.8%