T300RS to TS-PC: a worthwhile upgrade?

I've been reading some good things about the TS-PC, and as I've abandoned my original plan to upgrade my wheel to a Fanatec, due to not being able to recoup some of the costs by selling my TM shifter and pedals. The plan hasn't really worked out like I thought it would, as the TM stuff seems to be worth the square root of bugger-all when you try to sell it on. Also not helped by amazon sinking the prices since I bought the kit, I haven't managed to sell it for anything like as much as I thought it would bring. I've had to practically give it away :cry:
And I already have three TM rims, and if I do buy the TS-PC I'll have four, as unfortunately it's not available as a stand alone wheel base. But it still costs less than half the price of a CS v 2.5 plus two rims, and has the aditional advantage of being able to use my existing rims, which in turn means that my wife won't notice the upgrade :D
Apart from the better cooling, is the FF from the TS-PC better (stronger and more detailed), than the T300?
Has anyone done the upgrade, or compared the two wheels? Your thoughts please...

I sincerely feel for you and the predicament you're in choosing to possibly abandoning one brand for another and literally having obsolete, or at the very least little resale value of the kit you replaced. I have made that decision from one to another three times over the last 20+ years and the second with Fanatec, not brand but series. I gave one kit to a co-worker with a young kid that had never experienced a car type game, a couple of years later she is telling me that when they are going somewhere he is pointing out Corvettes, Mustangs and Porsches. I like to think I contributed to that in a small way.:)
Not much help on the choice of wheel I know, but perhaps it will soften the blow of knowing the relationship is over and time to move on, with the wheel that is.:whistling:
And besides when you add up all the hours it provided enjoyment for you over those years it works out to pennies per hour I bet.
Good Luck:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
Ive gone for the tspc does me great got pro pedals and wheel in the sale for £440 all in , so look at the thrustmaster uk site around xmas should get some good deals, for the money i dont think you can go wrong, great feel to the wheel , really good ffb as well.

Upvote 0
Ive gone for the tspc does me great got pro pedals and wheel in the sale for £440 all in , so look at the thrustmaster uk site around xmas should get some good deals, for the money i dont think you can go wrong, great feel to the wheel , really good ffb as well.
Better than the T300RS though? €549 better? :D

Upvote 0
I sincerely feel for you and the predicament you're in choosing to possibly abandoning one brand for another and literally having obsolete, or at the very least little resale value of the kit you replaced. I have made that decision from one to another three times over the last 20+ years and the second with Fanatec, not brand but series. I gave one kit to a co-worker with a young kid that had never experienced a car type game, a couple of years later she is telling me that when they are going somewhere he is pointing out Corvettes, Mustangs and Porsches. I like to think I contributed to that in a small way.:)
Not much help on the choice of wheel I know, but perhaps it will soften the blow of knowing the relationship is over and time to move on, with the wheel that is.:whistling:
And besides when you add up all the hours it provided enjoyment for you over those years it works out to pennies per hour I bet.
Good Luck:thumbsup:
I've sucked it up now, and I'm resigned to the fact that I'll probably only get pennies for my T300, if I buy the TS-PC, but I need to know if it's really a worthwhile upgrade. The other kit in my rig is future protected: I have the v 3 pedals and the v 1.5 shifter from Fanatec, the handbrake too.
I'd love the v 2.5 wheelbase, but with two rims (GT style plus F1 style), I'll have to drop over €1000. And then I'll have to sell my T300RS plus the three rims. The TS-PC is only half the price, and my rims will fit it.
I love man maths, I'm actually saving money with the plan :whistling: At least that's how I'll sell it to my wife :cool:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for the heads up :thumbsup: Over €130 cheaper than here in Germany, Im think I'll go for it, it'd be rude not to :D
I just ordered it: ended up paying €432 with shipping to Germany: that's €124 cheaper than amazon germany :) Should be here on Thursday or Friday, anybody wanna buy a T300 with a TS-PC rim ?:D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I know it's expensive,but DD wheels are the way to go. I've had all sorts of wheels and most of them have broken,except the trusty G27. My latest wheel the T500 is playing up. DD will be my next purchase. All I have to do is convince the misses it an investment for the future not an easy task.

Upvote 0
I know it's expensive,but DD wheels are the way to go. I've had all sorts of wheels and most of them have broken,except the trusty G27. My latest wheel the T500 is playing up. DD will be my next purchase. All I have to do is convince the misses it an investment for the future not an easy task.
Good luck with that one, I'm hoping to do a stealth upgrade this week with the new wheel. I'll install it when she's at work so that it's finished when she gets home. If I spent €1500 on a DD she'd divorce me
:)

Upvote 0
Good luck with that one, I'm hoping to do a stealth upgrade this week with the new wheel. I'll install it when she's at work so that it's finished when she gets home. If I spent €1500 on a DD she'd divorce me
:)
I'm having to bide my time. Next year if I set fire to my T500 and tell her it blew up,she may see the logic in my thinking. Or on the flip side tell me to use my in perfect condition G27. It's all in the timing.

Upvote 0
I'm having to bide my time. Next year if I set fire to my T500 and tell her it blew up,she may see the logic in my thinking. Or on the flip side tell me to use my in perfect condition G27. It's all in the timing.
"Well honey, what about all the other games in your steam library you have never touched? It don't has to be simracing all the time!" So I suggest you finish all the other games first and then we can think about buying a new steering wheel."

Just be cautious! ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I just recently got the TS-PC on sale on Amazon for $342 and pro pedals for $97. Let me tell you coming from a G27 for the past 5 years it was a Mega upgrade! I've never felt FFB that strong ever! I loving my new setup and can't believe I took so long to upgrade, although I can't say how much of an upgrade it would be from a T300.

Upvote 0
I just recently got the TS-PC on sale on Amazon for $342 and pro pedals for $97. Let me tell you coming from a G27 for the past 5 years it was a Mega upgrade! I've never felt FFB that strong ever! I loving my new setup and can't believe I took so long to upgrade, although I can't say how much of an upgrade it would be from a T300.
Probably not as mega as your upgrade, but it is noticeable, albeit in a more subtle way. After driving with it for two days, I started to notice the details that it offers over the T300: it's stronger, the FFB is more detailed, and quicker to react. I was driving the calloway corvette at Bathurst this afternoon and I applied too much power with cold tyres going up the mountain. I managed to get it back with the TS-PC: I know for certain that I would've lost it and crashed and burned with the T300. In that corner I've died a thousand deaths, with the T300 it was always; here we go again, close your eyes, let go of the wheel and hope for the best...
With the TS-PC I can correct things that I couldn't with the T300.
Don't get me wrong: the T300 is a damn fine wheel, but the TS-PC is just one or two classes better. Is it worth the extra money? Difficult to say, especially as you don't get any pedals with it. On the other hand, the pedals you get with the T300 ain't worth diddley quat: sooner rather than later people are going to upgrade to something better anyway. Maybe it's better to cut your losses, and buy the TS-PC from the start, and then buy a decent 3-pedal set extra.
I don't regret buying it at all, it was quite definitely an upgrade, but if only I could sell my TM kit to recoup some of the costs....;)

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 325 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 217 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.9%
  • < 5 years