I tried everything

Attachments

• 643634.png
    643634.png
    47.7 KB · Views: 2,133
  • 543653.png
    543653.png
    198.2 KB · Views: 4,030
I'm not at my PC at the moment, but the first thing I would suggest is to turn up Dynamic Damping (I recall having mine set to 100%) - see https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/dynamic-damper-details.52794/#post-100531 and the post 2 down from that one. It's a physics-based force which increases the turning resistance of the steering wheel as you go faster.

I'd also turn down Road Effects to a maximum of about 20% as (according to the devs) it's just a type of electrical noise introduced into the FFB and can easily drown out the more subtle feedback effects. I'll check when I can but I'm sure I have about 75% gain in-game and that gives me good FFB. Having the forces too high can cause clipping which masks a lot of the effects.

I'm not at my PC at the moment, but the first thing I would suggest is to turn up Dynamic Damping (I recall having mine set to 100%) - see https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/dynamic-damper-details.52794/#post-100531 and the post 2 down from that one. It's a physics-based force which increases the turning resistance of the steering wheel as you go faster.

I'd also turn down Road Effects to a maximum of about 20% as (according to the devs) it's just a type of electrical noise introduced into the FFB and can easily drown out the more subtle feedback effects. I'll check when I can but I'm sure I have about 75% gain in-game and that gives me good FFB. Having the forces too high can cause clipping which masks a lot of the effects.
I'm gonna try, thank you

@muzlukarpuz I was using a T500RS until a while ago. I switched to a DD wheel from SimuCube recently. I am not a torque-junkie and have to tone down torque quite a bit due to a lingering wrist pain. Currently using 10.5Nm, which should be slightly more than double what your belt-driven wheel base pushes out. For me that is enough torque to wrestle with. Don't want my hand ripped off either.

It doesn't sound that much of a change, but I can tell you it is day and night.
What my T500 could never do is
  • keep proper levels of holding forces when e.g. cornering,
  • bring out small FFB details due to obviously low responsiveness of the belt/motor (road effects, under/oversteer,...)
Mostly these two things were nagging me since trying a DD wheel for the first time. For me there was no turning back. Not sure I read your problems correctly, but there might not be a cure for the settings on your T300 if you have high hopes.

What @maelstrom explained were roughly also my settings with my old T500. IIRC I had 85%-90% gain (all gain settings 100% in TM software), 15%-20% road effects, 100% damping. minimum force 2%.

@muzlukarpuz I was using a T500RS until a while ago. I switched to a DD wheel from SimuCube recently. I am not a torque-junkie and have to tone down torque quite a bit due to a lingering wrist pain. Currently using 10.5Nm, which should be slightly more than double what your belt-driven wheel base pushes out. For me that is enough torque to wrestle with. Don't want my hand ripped off either.

It doesn't sound that much of a change, but I can tell you it is day and night.
What my T500 could never do is
  • keep proper levels of holding forces when e.g. cornering,
  • bring out small FFB details due to obviously low responsiveness of the belt/motor (road effects, under/oversteer,...)
Mostly these two things were nagging me since trying a DD wheel for the first time. For me there was no turning back. Not sure I read your problems correctly, but there might not be a cure for the settings on your T300 if you have high hopes.

What @maelstrom explained were roughly also my settings with my old T500. IIRC I had 85%-90% gain (all gain settings 100% in TM software), 15%-20% road effects, 100% damping. minimum force 2%.

interesting been using T500 for 8yrs, would love to upgrade...........One day

In TM Control panel set overall force to 85% (that's about the most linearity you will get from the wheel) other options except damper to 100%. Leave the auto centering Game dependent. In-game gain to 90-95%, minimum force to 0%, dynamic damping to 100%, road effects to 25-30%. Additionaly which car you're driving also influences the "static" torque you will get from the wheel. By my knowledge the Mid-engined RWD cars have an overall lighter FFB feel. Try a BMW or Bentley for an increased torque feel.

Maybe i'm the odd one... and surely late.
Weak doesnt have to be a bad thing. People too often focus on having the strongest steering possible... yet, the fastest sim racers often drive at low torque values... You only need info, you should not be fighting the steering on the corners... it just makes you slower.

I have the T300RS GT edition and i am trying to find the best solution for me also. Would appreciate your guys input.

I read that it is not good to have the maximum overall ForceFeedback in the TM Control Settings higher than 75% because otherwise you get clipping? In my TM Settings i have overall strength at 70%, Constant and Periodic at 100%, Spring and Damper 0. Then in ACC i have the ForceFeedback at 100%, MinForce, DynamicD and RoadEff all 0 and feel everything really nice, but the Forcefeedback could be a bit stronger. However i am just afraid to put it higher than 70% in the TM Settings because i dont want to cause it to 'melt' from overheating and dont want to lose information from ffb.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back