t300rs settings for rf2

I just got a t300rs.Can anyone share some settings that you find works good for rf2.I have not much time to test before a race Saturday so would be very much appreciated.

Hi guys, I'm using a T300 and the game thinks I have a "Controller (Rumble Gamepad F310)" connected whenever I put the F1 rim on and press detect.
It does recognise it as a T300 if I use either the standard RS rim or my custom USB real wheel.

I can set it to wheel (and/or load the T300 or T500 F1 profiles) and map the steering/buttons, but it just feels odd and I don't have 1:1 movement with any rim and the onscreen one.
It sets any of the rims to 612° in game and overrides the TM panel setting. Trying to get around it by changing either doesn't sort it out.

Not sure what's going on, as I at least had the non-F1 rim working properly until I reinstalled the game.

Any ideas?
FWIW, I have the generally recommended setting in the TM panel, and have done for a while.

It is normal that it thinks that it is a "Rumble Gamepad F310" with the F1 Rim, it was the same thing for me. You did the right thing by either loading the t300 profile or setting it to wheel manually.

The only thing missing now for you is deactivating all the assists under the difficulity tab, as this is why your steering is screwed up at the moment. Particulalry the "Steering Assist" is what is causing your problem.

When you loaded the T300 profile, your previous assists settings were overridden with some activated assists including the horrible steering assist :)

The good thing is: T300 with the Formula Rim is a great combo with rf2 ;) Make sure to put Smoothing on 0 in the ffb settings; enjoy :)

ive played rf2 for a good two years, and while yes it is very advanced in its sim prowess, theres just something that lets me down. Some parts of the FFB is amazing, but when turning at speed it kinda lets the whole realism down for me. When i expect the force of of inertia, friction and speed on the tyre to make the steering give resistance - it doesnt! I have no resistance to counter steering or making steeing adjustments mid turn.

Its like im going round corners fast and the front wheels are on their own patches of ice. Ive been on the ISI forums plenty of times with this, to be told its my cheap wheel (t300 GTE) or some other excuse. But imo it doesnt feel real (shall we say as i expect from expereicne), not like GSC FFB feel or AC to that matter.

I just wanted to ask if anyone here feels this floppy feeling when corneing. The thing is i do not get this at slower speeds it feels how i expect. But take the fast corners of brazil, and mid turn im turning the wheel with one finger almost with hardly any resistance. Ive played with min force and FFB up to the point of clipping.

im not here to put the game down to other, s as i really want a better FFB to enjoy the rest of the sim.

@Msportdan, did you ever find a solution to your problem, cause I think I am experience a similar kind of problem :/
Let me explain: A buddy of mine sold me his T300. I first booted up AMS and oh my god, no comparison to my old, 10+ year old DFGT. The FFB is so good, I can feel the car so much better.
So I was really looking how rF2 feels, as it gets praised for it's FFB that much. And first impressions are rather meh.
On the straights and very small corners (less than 10° steering), I have no FFB at all, it's like holding a dead fish in my hand. In medium to sharp corners, I get major clipping though. So I heard I should increase "Steering Torque Minimum" until the wheel starts oscillating when stationary. Ok, did that, now I have a weird rumble between ~ -2 to 2° steering :/ To get rid of the clipping, I decreased FFB Multi, but this only made the "no FFB on straight part" worse.
Another thing is that I have to increase FFB daming (although a lot of ppl leave it at 0), cause otherwise my wheel would go crazy when I have the littlest of flatspots. Like knocking a glass from my desk and making waaaaaaay too much noise. Then again, as soon as I increase the daming, I can't feel most curbs, only if I attack high curbs really agressively I feel anything. So I am stuck between a rock and a hard place here aswell.

So I am at a loss with rF2 FFB. Some care are better than others, but none feels as good as in AMS. Since my wheel is working perfectly in AMS it can't be the wheel either, so I messed up some settings I guess. S: am I doing sth completely wrong (profiler settings are 100/100/0/0 as is recommended in every guide I read). Right now rF2 is no fun with the wheel and AMS feels a billion times better.
Maybe a T300 owner can help me out or can send me his controller JSON? Would be appreciated :)

Cheers, will test this as soon as I come home from work. Just 9 more hours :(:D
Although from the sound of it, isn't the ffb rather weak then? Anyways, I'll come back to you when I tested these settings. Keep em coming :thumbsup:

@Msportdan, did you ever find a solution to your problem, cause I think I am experience a similar kind of problem :/
Let me explain: A buddy of mine sold me his T300. I first booted up AMS and oh my god, no comparison to my old, 10+ year old DFGT. The FFB is so good, I can feel the car so much better.
So I was really looking how rF2 feels, as it gets praised for it's FFB that much. And first impressions are rather meh.

Try substantially increasing your "Caster" which might help increase the FFB feel into the turns with those car mods that are lacking it. This helped me with a earlier version of the Apex mod.

Last edited:
On the straights and very small corners (less than 10° steering), I have no FFB at all, it's like holding a dead fish in my hand. In medium to sharp corners, I get major clipping though. So I heard I should increase "Steering Torque Minimum" until the wheel starts oscillating when stationary. Ok, did that, now I have a weird rumble between ~ -2 to 2° steering :/ To get rid of the clipping, I decreased FFB Multi, but this only made the "no FFB on straight part" worse.
Another thing is that I have to increase FFB daming (although a lot of ppl leave it at 0), cause otherwise my wheel would go crazy when I have the littlest of flatspots. Like knocking a glass from my desk and making waaaaaaay too much noise. Then again, as soon as I increase the daming, I can't feel most curbs, only if I attack high curbs really agressively I feel anything. So I am stuck between a rock and a hard place here aswell.

So I am at a loss with rF2 FFB. Some care are better than others, but none feels as good as in AMS. Since my wheel is working perfectly in AMS it can't be the wheel either, so I messed up some settings I guess. S: am I doing sth completely wrong (profiler settings are 100/100/0/0 as is recommended in every guide I read). Right now rF2 is no fun with the wheel and AMS feels a billion times better.
Maybe a T300 owner can help me out or can send me his controller JSON? Would be appreciated :)

You are mistaking strong FFB for good FFB. rF2 uses close to real life FFB torque curves with no clipping, whereas most other sims use fake curves to maximize FFB average output. The problem with using a realistic FFB like rF2 does is that, while T300 is a reasonable starter wheel, it still outputs roughly 3-5 times less peak torque than a true car. So a realistically scaled FFB will always feel a bit weak on a T300. The solution is basically to increase the FFB multiplier from rF2 controller settings, or change STS to non-linear from Controller.JSON. The side effect is that you will get more FFB clipping (but that you get in AC/AMS too under default settings).

Regarding flatspots, it's a sign that you are not braking correctly. Braking in rF2 is quite a bit more trickier than other sims. I recommend playing with the brake pressure setting and the brake pedal sensitivity in controller settings. Unless you have a brake pedal with high resistance like in a real car, the default settings are probably no good.

You are mistaking strong FFB for good FFB. rF2 uses close to real life FFB torque curves with no clipping, whereas most other sims use fake curves to maximize FFB average output.
Can you explain what you mean by that? If by "FFB torque curves" you mean the FFB output linearity (or, as some sims call it, "sensitivity") then I'm almost certain every single sim can do that (output FFB in a linear fashion).

If you're talking about the FFB 0-100% output going by the calculated in-game torque on the steering shaft, then, yes, most games don't have this besides iRacing, rFactor 2, and, sort of, Automobilista. Having said that, RF2 has this set to a very low number and basically disabled by default (like IR and AMS) in order to work better with the weaker wheels most people buy. Therefore his FFB problems wouldn't be related to the "calculated torque system" that IR and RF2 have the option of using since it's disabled by default.

Last edited:
I'm surprised most here have suggested 100% gain in TM Control Panel, as I've read from other threads suggested gain at 70 or 75% for the T300. Is this experience exclusive to rF2 only?

A recap?!
I have:
Master Gain = 75%
Constant = 100%
Periodic = 100%
Spring = 100%
Damper = 0%
Auto-Center = 'by the game' (0%)

In game how do you recommend me?
Sorry for my english very basic -.-" i'm Italian ;)
Thanks!!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 299 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 207 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 150 7.7%
  • < 5 years