t300rs settings for rf2

I just got a t300rs.Can anyone share some settings that you find works good for rf2.I have not much time to test before a race Saturday so would be very much appreciated.

i have the t300rs and in all honesty it feels great with rf2 out the box. the only adjustments i have made is to turn down the car specific slider thingy to about 0.8 thats all. feels amazing with the bes mod cars

I was thinking of purchasing a T300rs but was a little skeptical because it being belt driven that it would smooth out some of the subtle bumps thus not feel them like with a gear driven wheel as my G25. If i purchase this wheel then i'll order Thrustmaster's T3PA-Pro Pedal Set as i read they are fantastic!

I know this wheel is capable of producing very strong FFB but is it capable of producing those subtle surface bumps on the road surface? Thanks in advance for your input.

Last edited:
I got mine on Monday, after going through the initial FFB tests on the ISI Forums (with great help!) I've come to these settings so far, may need some slight tweaking but at the moment it feels good:

Master Gain = 60%
Constant = 100%
Periodic = 100%
Spring = 0%
Damper = 0%
Auto-Center = 'by the game' (0%)
FFB Smoothing = 0% (important!)
FFB Minimum Torque = 4.0 (in game)

Car Specific = Depends on the vehicle of course!

Having also come from a G25 I'm getting used to this new feel of FFB, for me the G25 was "rough" but very good and even though you tend to feel more through it I find the T300 more realistic. I'm able to catch slides that little bit quicker and rumble strips feel like they did when I had a V8Supercars drive at Queensland Raceway (the G25 didn't, felt too exaggerated). I'm also able to feel the tires more and this is already helping on clipping the Apex at the precise moment whereas with the G25 I was always a bit too nervous at times, like it was forcing me to expect FFB where I shouldn't (if that makes sense!).

Again I may have some tweaking to do still, but for me and a few days play the T300 overall feels better.

ive played rf2 for a good two years, and while yes it is very advanced in its sim prowess, theres just something that lets me down. Some parts of the FFB is amazing, but when turning at speed it kinda lets the whole realism down for me. When i expect the force of of inertia, friction and speed on the tyre to make the steering give resistance - it doesnt! I have no resistance to counter steering or making steeing adjustments mid turn.

Its like im going round corners fast and the front wheels are on their own patches of ice. Ive been on the ISI forums plenty of times with this, to be told its my cheap wheel (t300 GTE) or some other excuse. But imo it doesnt feel real (shall we say as i expect from expereicne), not like GSC FFB feel or AC to that matter.

I just wanted to ask if anyone here feels this floppy feeling when corneing. The thing is i do not get this at slower speeds it feels how i expect. But take the fast corners of brazil, and mid turn im turning the wheel with one finger almost with hardly any resistance. Ive played with min force and FFB up to the point of clipping.

im not here to put the game down to other, s as i really want a better FFB to enjoy the rest of the sim.

ive played rf2 for a good two years, and while yes it is very advanced in its sim prowess, theres just something that lets me down. Some parts of the FFB is amazing, but when turning at speed it kinda lets the whole realism down for me. When i expect the force of of inertia, friction and speed on the tyre to make the steering give resistance - it doesnt! I have no resistance to counter steering or making steeing adjustments mid turn.

Its like im going round corners fast and the front wheels are on their own patches of ice. Ive been on the ISI forums plenty of times with this, to be told its my cheap wheel (t300 GTE) or some other excuse. But imo it doesnt feel real (shall we say as i expect from expereicne), not like GSC FFB feel or AC to that matter.

I just wanted to ask if anyone here feels this floppy feeling when corneing. The thing is i do not get this at slower speeds it feels how i expect. But take the fast corners of brazil, and mid turn im turning the wheel with one finger almost with hardly any resistance. Ive played with min force and FFB up to the point of clipping.

im not here to put the game down to other, s as i really want a better FFB to enjoy the rest of the sim.

Without see how you drive its hard to judge. But sounds to me like you turn to much and the tires are way to hot.

Hmm been contemplating setting a small bit of damper in the tm profile.

New updates by ripper seem to suggest this actually weighs up the wheel better in rf2 and activates some.ffb signals dependant on dampening in rf2

When I'm cornering at high speed, I don't feel what you feel Dan. I get a great feel of tyre fighting to grip the track it's fantastic. I use a TX

I read a few reviews from people who purchased this T300rs that the FFB turns itself off in longer races to cool the motor plus they state that they sometimes smell a burning rubber type smell with prolonged use. This now has me a little hesitant whether to make this purchase.

Can any owners help shed some light on this matter? Thanks in advance for your opinions!

I do notice a bit of a hot smell but have had no problems so far.I ran in the nords 24 over the weekend and did one 2.5 hour stint and another even longer stint with no problems.So far i love the wheel coming from a dfgt its like steeping into another world.So far it's like playing all my racing games for the first time,it's just so different,but in a good way.I will say i am a bit slower than i was but am starting to get used to it already.I think the key is just experimenting and tweaking the wheel to get it dialed in just right for myself.The settings posted by Marc worked well but i tweaked them slightly (a bit more master gain).

I do have a problem with the th8a shifter.I have it in sequential (yes i have the plate in the right position so it tells it it's in sequential mode) and it is not recognized in the controls menu.It's plugged into the wheel so i figured it needed no drivers,but maybe i need separate drivers for the shifter?

I do notice a bit of a hot smell but have had no problems so far.I ran in the nords 24 over the weekend and did one 2.5 hour stint and another even longer stint with no problems.So far i love the wheel coming from a dfgt its like steeping into another world.So far it's like playing all my racing games for the first time,it's just so different,but in a good way.I will say i am a bit slower than i was but am starting to get used to it already.I think the key is just experimenting and tweaking the wheel to get it dialed in just right for myself.The settings posted by Marc worked well but i tweaked them slightly (a bit more master gain).

I do have a problem with the th8a shifter.I have it in sequential (yes i have the plate in the right position so it tells it it's in sequential mode) and it is not recognized in the controls menu.It's plugged into the wheel so i figured it needed no drivers,but maybe i need separate drivers for the shifter?
Yes you will need to get them from Thrustmaster website support section.

nah no burning or turning off. just a floppy feeling ffb when i expect resistance.………
mainly for me around corners…

Play gsc straight after and its immediatly noticeble shame gsc hasnt rf2 AI otherwise i wouldnt touch rf2!

just feels off for me.. like i have a super power steering mode when cornering!

Last edited:
It sounds like your wheel needs an overhall or possibly corrupt drivers. Hell, even my very old G25 has plenty of FFB in the turns that i need to lower it's strength on many of the car mods i race except for the "Apex" mod where the FFB goes very weak into a turn and by "increasing" the Caster to a very high level it substantially brought back the FFB in the turns. I figured the Apex mod has a physics problem that needs to be addressed because i don't have this issue in other mods.

PS. Depending on the mod you're using try substantially increasing your "Caster" which might help increase the FFB feel into the turns like it helped me with the Apex mod.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back