T300rs owners... How long after use does your fan stay on?

I finished racing 2 hours ago now and I can still hear what I think is the fan going round.... Should I unplug it from the USB to stop it? Surely 2 hours it should have cooled down now?

Mine never spins more than 5-10 minutes.

Stuff to do:
- Make sure you are on the latest firmware (attach to PC, upgrade following the procedure on the TM support site, latest firmware changes fan behaviour, reflashing latest firmware might be a good idea)
- Are you sure it's the fan and not the power supply humming? Some T300 units have power supply hum.

Upvote 0
I installed the latest drivers with the firmware 24 version as I just bought it. I can here a hum after turning off which stops when I move the wheel slightly (weird) but it definetly does sound like the fan is on. I left it last night 2 hours before unplugging the USB

Upvote 0
I'm wondering if your wheel is in the new mode added in firmware v25:
http://ts.thrustmaster.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=1&fid=2&pid=374&cid=15

“Forced” cooling mode: (requires Firmware V25 or above)
• In this mode, the cooling fan operates whenever the racing wheel is powered up, and stops only when the wheel's USB connector is no longer powered. This mode enables quicker cooling of the motor, and is particularly useful:
-When playing with a very high Force Feedback setting
-When playing in a high-temperature environment

Upvote 0
doing this update has made me realise the fan had turned off all by itself and it was just a hum i could hear that went when i unplugged the usb. i can now make the fan come on by itself now with the firmware update. at least i now know i was ok to unplug the usb

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 237 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 159 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 120 7.5%
  • < 5 years