T300RS GT FFB issue (keeps centering itself)

So everything worked fine and i have had no issue's.

After not playing for like a week i hooked it back up again, but now it wants to center itself when driving.
It feels very though to steer when sitting stationary (but doesn' t center), and when i start driving it kinda locks to the center. I can feel some of the feedback but not much detail, and its extremely heavy to turn! When i let go of the wheel for a second it comes back so violently it swings back to the other side making the car unstable and crash while going from lock to lock.

I didn't install any updates to my windows, graphics drivers, wheel, or any game. (i did download f1 2019 from the gamepass, but did not open it)

I tried to:
-go through pretty much all the settings, looked up some user settings on here. I did feel a chance in the feedback but it's all still overcast by the centering force.
-re-installing the drivers
-also tried an older version of the drivers and software.
-its now on the latest versions
-recalibrate the wheel (which was and now stil is good)
-at last i did a fresh install of windows which also didn't solve anything.

A quick side-note:
I read that v34 of the firmware should chance a bit of the feeling, but i didn't had that version before the issue started.

1.PNG
2.PNG

If you lower the Gain slider in CM, does that change nothing? If so, then you could perhaps have something wrong with your wheel; as in a faulty firmware update or similiar
I don't have CM installed right now but i tried to lower it on the vanilla game:
Lowering it to 10% made my ffb almost non existent, then i tried 50% and it def get rid of the extreme force and its somewhat driveable but i just have no feel for what is going on.. I do not feel the weight of the car, don't feel understeer any reaction to hitting a wall and grass still seems like the stickiest substance on the word and very hard to turn when stationary.. apart from that you dont even feel the grass.

I also tried Grid in the meantime and it too seems off, the game has different physics so it reacts a bit different. Still a wobbly floaty feeling and when i pull the handbrake the wheel just keep pointing forwards.

Ps. all the effects in the control panel seem to work fine.

Last edited:
Ehh, honestly it's hard to tell what's the problem... I guess I would contact Thrustmaster & see what they will say, because this is very unusual. I remember reading a similiar post a while ago, where the person described exactly the same issue but I have NO idea what was the solution

Last edited:
Ehh, honestly it's hard to tell what's the problem... I guess I would contact Thrustmaster & see what they will say, because this is very unusual. I remember reading a similiar post a while ago, where the person described exactly the same issue but I have NO idea what was the solution
I did sent off a email to Thrustmaster and trying to keep this post somewhat up to date because i can't find much of the same issue online. But i am affraid when i send it back to the store they see it turns on gives some feedback and suggest it works.. It's difficult as to me it's hard to say if it a software or hardware issue. I guess i just have to wait untill Thrustmaster reply's i am out of guesses.

Btw. do you remember the end of that OP? Maybe you have a link prob. not.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 1066209

Although it's a long shot, do you happen to know anyone in real life with the same wheel? If they allowed you to borrow it (or if you tested your wheel on their PC) you'd be able to specifically root out whether the issue lies with your wheelbase or not.

Although it's a long shot, do you happen to know anyone in real life with the same wheel? If they allowed you to borrow it (or if you tested your wheel on their PC) you'd be able to specifically root out whether the issue lies with your wheelbase or not.
Sadly not, and i only have one friend that has a game pc and my other mates are on Xbox....
I like to try it there but its not super conveniënt now ...

That is totally wrong with all racing titles from the past decade. 100% it should be
Which one? Havent driven one car with automatically centering wheels, in real life that is. I think we are aiming for real life simulation, not for gaming experience. Dampening depends on what wheel you have, if you fully dampen you will not feel even curbs with the t300.

That is totally wrong with all racing titles from the past decade. 100% it should be
I am pretty convinced thrustmaster and gamedevs know what they are doing, i plugged my wheel in how it came never touched any sliders accept in-game and it always felt great. So i am not too sure about what what i dont wanna start any discussion i just want my stuff to work. Worth the shot tried it didn't do nothing i rather leave it as is and find a solution.

Ps. I tried after some reading to turn everything up on the control panel and turn boostmode on and go in game and try to get it back to like i had before. I tried a few strenghts but havent try to turn everything up and everything down in game so worth a try. On high power the wheel would not stop vibrating i ended up using about 25% gain in AC and even turned stab control on and still if i turn the wheel 1cm let go it never stops going from left to right and that force is so much stronger then any other feedback.

I am out of idea's and think maybe my unit is faulty so i am going for an RMA process.

After reading of your issue I was messing around with thrustmaster control panel and changing the auto centre spring too 0% then changing it too set by game(recommended) as it leaves the auto centre setting at 0% it felt much better in fh5 , didnt have such a strong auto centre and felt had better control of the car too, give it a try see how you get on with that. driving previously the auto centre was really tight and now feels like ther is alot less force too fight against.

Last edited:
For anyone who runs into this problem:
I ended up sending the wheel back to the seller and eventually i ended up with a brand new wheel.
So i am sorry for the one that hopes for a solution... I don't have one except, ask help from the retailer.

Which one? Havent driven one car with automatically centering wheels, in real life that is. I think we are aiming for real life simulation, not for gaming experience. Dampening depends on what wheel you have, if you fully dampen you will not feel even curbs with the t300.
In the previous generations of games , when G25 was the top wheel on the market simulator games had a different approach. Now you need to have all settings (spring , damping etc) at 100% , and the game will be able to produce the powers and effects that it is supposed to. The particular problem that is described in this thread has nothing to do with profiler settings. A clean installation and a firmware update should be the first things that I would try.

In the previous generations of games , when G25 was the top wheel on the market simulator games had a different approach. Now you need to have all settings (spring , damping etc) at 100% , and the game will be able to produce the powers and effects that it is supposed to. The particular problem that is described in this thread has nothing to do with profiler settings. A clean installation and a firmware update should be the first things that I would try.
Like i said before i did a clean install, more then once.. But i do agree to keep settings somewhat standard.
Some fine tuning is alright but they wont set you up with something this skrewed.

After reading of your issue I was messing around with thrustmaster control panel and changing the auto centre spring too 0% then changing it too set by game(recommended) as it leaves the auto centre setting at 0% it felt much better in fh5 , didnt have such a strong auto centre and felt had better control of the car too, give it a try see how you get on with that. driving previously the auto centre was really tight and now feels like ther is alot less force too fight against.
thanks!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 164 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 308 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing