DiRT Rally 2.0 T300RS FFB Settings for Dirt Rally 2.0

After hours of experimenting today, I finally found some settings that suits me and feels pretty good, not too heavy, not too soft, so I thought I might share it with you guys !

I'm using a T300RS with the GTE rim.

First step is to go to your SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\DiRT Rally 2.0\input\devices folder, find the device_defines file, open it with notepad, then search for the T300RS line, and replace the ffb force value, whatever it says, by "5.0", then save.

Capture.jpg

Thrustmaster profiler settings (in French but just copy the numbers, lol)
540.jpg

autres.jpg

INGAME settings (Also in French, just copy the numbers)

20190222202552-1.jpg

20190222202554-1.jpg

Hopefully it'll be good enough for you guys ! Let's go rallying !

I just have to laugh at people claiming those settings transformed the game for them on T300 or something like that. I mean good for them, but it's not really something truly transformative. It's just that the wheel is a bit lighter than it is with default settings, that is really it.

@Martin Fiala : You are right. Put the dampening value to 0 in the CP and put a dampening value > 0 in the game does nothing. But it seems that a lot of people don't understand that. I tried by myself, if I put 0 in CP, I can put a value of 100 in the game, there will be no dampening at all. But if I let 100 in the CP and put, let's say 25 in the game, I can feel it...

And it's right for most of the sim racing game now. A good example (and it's not a sim game is The Crew 2 where the wheel support is awful). They use dampening without make us be able to tweak in the settings : Results : the wheel is very very very loud because in the CP it's at 100 % and the game use this value by default.

Conclusion : Put the dampening settings to 0 in CP and 30 in the game does anything. Just let your dampening settings in the CP to 100, and put the game dampening setting to 0 if you don't want it, that all. Dampening is like the constant and periodic force a dynamic fully programmable effect nowaday.

And your last post is right to. But sometimes, we want to have constant more stronger than the periodic that's why for my T150 I let all to 100 % but the periodic to 90 (just to always have constant force > periodic force because depending the game sometimes we can't tweak periodic force how we would want to).

For the degree of rotation, it's a compromise between realism (historic cars) and preferences.

Sorry for my english ;)

I put everything back to normal for now and wait for some patch.. the ffb is good but i need some more info on the bumps and stuff.
Same for me as they are aware something needs to be done:

https://forums.codemasters.com/topi...-it-here/?page=15&tab=comments#comment-405532

The edit of the hardware config just increases the ffb force too high so you have to turn the torque slider down in the game settings so for my g27 left it at 0.9 rather than going OTT with some suggestions of using 5.0 or even higher.

Hi, i've tryed the xml hack (ffb_force to 5 on my csw v2.5) and this is good to amplify the road feelings, bumps and so on.... It needs to put down, into the game's ffb settings, the self allin.torque to 10-12 to be driveable and have a not too heavy wheel.
BUT
to feel the road textures (that are clearly too down with vanilla xml) you have to put the suspensions value, in game's ffb settings, still on 100 or more, but in this way my wheel have clearly more torque in the left direction :(
So, when i turn left, it's easy and with low auto-align force, when i turn right it's heavyer and high centering force.
This with all cars and default setup.
It's clearly related to the suspensions value (and the xml hack) because if i turn down suspensions and i raise up all other ffb values, i dont feel road textures and i have a very heavy wheel, but in the same way in both left and right directions

Hi, i've tryed the xml hack (ffb_force to 5 on my csw v2.5) and this is good to amplify the road feelings, bumps and so on.... It needs to put down, into the game's ffb settings, the self allin.torque to 10-12 to be driveable and have a not too heavy wheel.
BUT
to feel the road textures (that are clearly too down with vanilla xml) you have to put the suspensions value, in game's ffb settings, still on 100 or more, but in this way my wheel have clearly more torque in the left direction :(
So, when i turn left, it's easy and with low auto-align force, when i turn right it's heavyer and high centering force.
This with all cars and default setup.
It's clearly related to the suspensions value (and the xml hack) because if i turn down suspensions and i raise up all other ffb values, i dont feel road textures and i have a very heavy wheel, but in the same way in both left and right directions
Ffb_force to 5 is too much IMO, try 2.0 instead and SAT at 50.
Set your suspension at 150 and reduce your steering center force to 50 or less.

Thank's... but i try more values and combinations on xml (lower values) and ingame settings. The results is that i can have enough road feelings without the sad "turn left" effect... And after all it's not too strange, because are both related to the same "suspensions" value.
I think we have to wait a patch.....

Thank's... but i try more values and combinations on xml (lower values) and ingame settings. The results is that i can have enough road feelings without the sad "turn left" effect... And after all it's not too strange, because are both related to the same "suspensions" value.
I think we have to wait a patch.....
I've seen more people reporting the "turn left" effect, but i don't experience this problem.

Problem is that the "road noise" is way too low inside of the suspension setting.
So you can amplify the crap out of the ffb and keep the clipping low with lowered ingame settings but it still results in a clipping suspension slider.
You can feel the low forces better but when a bigger "suspension force" happens, it clips.
There seems to be a very small window where you have the best mix of clipping ffb (pull left effect etc) and feeling the lower forces.
Overall that's not really satisfying... Especially with a csw 2.5 like I have where a massively boosted suspension slider results in breaking your wrists when you hit a rock (collision to 0 but the suspension compresses a lot and therefore you'll get a big force peak!).

It needs a patch. And I'm not talking about artificial canned effect road noise, I'm talking about the wheel not pulling left/right at all when you shred through deep ruts on full degraded gravel.
It's okay in a modern R5 but I know my real car ('95 c class) would almost rip my hands off going through these ruts.
For me it feels like the track degradation doesn't alter the surface physics layer...

I'd say that once you start raising the multiplier in the XML file beyond 1.0, the end results will be completely unpredictable and basically anything can happen. We don't really know what the multiplier is actually doing and what it is affecting and how, and I wouldn't even be surprised if the value wasn't really tested above 1.0, let alone at values like 5.0 or 8.0 people seem to be using. The official setting never goes above 1.0 for any wheel. You are also likely to be clipping horribly, and who knows if the in-game sliders affect the FFB before the amplification or after. Plus there might be issues with multiplying weaker parts of the signal so much in the first place. And so on. There are many issues that can result from raising that multiplier. That's a large part of why I dislike this "fix" so much.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back