t300rs ffb not working

Hey guys im in desperate need for some ffb settings on sce with my t300. I just cant seem to get it right with this game. I just scrolled through 11 pages in another thread cause the devs promised in OP that they would post them but they never did.

Settings i use now;

Profiler;
strenght: 75
constant: 100
periodic: 100
spring: 0
damper:0
allowed game to adjust settings

Game settings:
all assists off
ffb +70
ffb effect low

With these settings i get some kind of feedback when i go over bumps or kerbs but nothing about what the car is doing. The wheel feels very light and theres almost no resistence. The wheel also doesnt center itself properly when exiting a corner.

I hope u guys can help me out as i really want to try this game out but with this ffb its just impossible to play.

im running a TX base and have the FFB effects set at high and the strength at 100%

in controller I have that at %80 and all others at 100% and auto centre by game.

try that out

go from a few laps in the F3 then jump into the superV8 you should definitely be able to tell its heavy in steering etc

Last edited:
@Jeff

Try this if you like.

In your TM control panel set overall strength to 65%, Constant and periodic to 100%, Spring at 0% and Damper at 60%, center by game.

Go to controls in game and load the the TM 500 RS profile. Set FFB type to WHEEL and FFB effects to MEDIUM and FFB strength to +100%

Now when in game you need to adjust the realfeel max force using the CTRL + NUM7 to decrease max force setting or CTRL + NUM9 to increase max force setting. You can edit your realfealplugin.ini file to enable the "realfeel voice" in game. This voice will tell you the real feel levels as you tweak them. Hit pause in game when you are driving and you can hear the voice.

Normally if you feel weak steering you need to reduce the max force. However if you set max force too low then you will "clip" the FFB signal and loose some FFB detail. Experiment with the levels and you will find a sweet spot... however this will change from track to track.

If at some point you start using the MOTEC telemetry plugin by Lazza you can also find the max force setting by logging the Steering Arm Force.

Cheers

Last edited:
talking about setting the force at say 65-75%, im not really seeing the point as i cant really feel the difference with a linear and non-linear signal. I just think on paper it sounds good but in practice its just not worth loosing the extra force over minute details you may or may not recognise.

Im thinking of going back to 100% in CP and 75-80 in game.

Tried in rf2 and to me feels better I'm.not convinced on the whole 75% linearity compared to 100.

Last edited:
@Jeff

Try this if you like.

In your TM control panel set overall strength to 65%, Constant and periodic to 100%, Spring at 0% and Damper at 60%, center by game.

Go to controls in game and load the the TM 500 RS profile. Set FFB type to WHEEL and FFB effects to MEDIUM and FFB strength to +100%

Now when in game you need to adjust the realfeel max force using the CTRL + NUM7 to decrease max force setting or CTRL + NUM9 to increase max force setting. You can edit your realfealplugin.ini file to enable the "fealfeel voice" in game. This voice will tell you the real feel levels as you tweak them. Hit pause in game when you are driving and you can hear the voice.

Normally if you feel weak steering you need to reduce the max force. However if you set max force too low then you will "clip" the FFB signal and loose some FFB detail. Experiment with the levels and you will find a sweet spot... however this will change from track to track.

If at some point you start using the MOTEC telemetry plugin by Lazza you can also find the max force setting by logging the Steering Arm Force.

Cheers
Thanks for the info seems as if my real feel plugin isnt working or something is wrong. Nothing seems to change when using these hotkeys and when i go in to the realfeelplugin with notepad i just see a bunch of jibberish and allot of errors. This is part of what i see;

An application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.
R6033
- Attempt to use MSIL code from this assembly during native code initialization
This indicates a bug in your application. It is most likely the result of calling an MSIL-compiled (/clr) function from a native constructor or from DllMain.
R6032
- not enough space for locale information
R6031
- Attempt to initialize the CRT more than once.
This indicates a bug in your application.
R6030
- CRT not initialized
R6028
- unable to initialize heap
R6027
- not enough space for lowio initialization
R6026
- not enough space for stdio initialization
R6025
- pure virtual function call
R6024
- not enough space for _onexit/atexit table
R6019
- unable to open console device
R6018
- unexpected heap error
R6017
- unexpected multithread lock error
R6016
- not enough space for thread data

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.
R6009
- not enough space for environment
R6008
- not enough space for arguments
R6002
- floating point support not loaded
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Anyone got an idea of what is going wrong ?

Last edited:
If I can add to my post above. I see I ramble a little in the end but I hope the post is useful.

You want to adjust the "Overall Strength" in the TM control panel to find a point where the "smaller short sharp" bumps feel good to you. You don't want the small bumps too strong, you get a harsh jolting feeling if you do. Once you find this level 60 - 75% normally you will not need to change it.

One thing about TM wheels is the overall strength slider is often miss understood. Basically you always get 100% available torque from the motor in the wheel. The strength slider amplifies the lower end forces to compensate for internal friction and such. I have read a good description from another guy "the TM overall strength slider is kind of like setting 103% (more than 100%) in the logitec panel."

You get 100% wheel torque for any level of overall strength set in the TM panel... you get 6Nm at 60% or 75%. To get all of that 6Nm of wheel torque the sim needs to send a 100% FFB signal. To point this out, if your realfeel max force is set to a very very low value, it will send a continuous 100% FFB signal to the wheel and it will feel very heavy with no variations, as it should.

Therefor the idea is to set that realfeel maxforce value so that it matches the peaks in the FFB signal from the sim as you race thru corners, generating high steering loads. This maxforce value changes a litle bit from car type to car type and track to track, that is why IMO it is nice to understand how to tune this for best performance and an even response from the wheel.

The other point is getting the maximum FFB signal from GSC. That means +100% in game strength and getting the RealFeel MaxForce right for your wheel and your personal preference (heavy or light, etc).

Cheers

Last edited:
If I can add to my post above. I see I ramble a little in the end but I hope the post is useful.

You want to adjust the "Overall Strength" in the TM control panel to find a point where the "smaller short sharp" bumps feel good to you. You don't want the small bumps too strong, you get a harsh jolting feeling if you do. Once you find this level 60 - 75% normally you will not need to change it.

One thing about TM wheels is the overall strength slider is often miss understood. Basically you always get 100% available torque from the motor in the wheel. The strength slider amplifies the lower end forces to compensate for internal friction and such. I have read a good description from another guy "the TM overall strength slider is kind of like setting 103% (more than 100%) in the logitec panel."

You get 100% wheel torque for any level of overall strength set in the TM panel... you get 6Nm at 60% or 75%. To get all of that 6Nm of wheel torque the sim needs to send a 100% FFB signal. To point this out, if your realfeel max force is set to a very very low value, it will send a continuous 100% FFB signal to the wheel and it will feel very heavy with no variations, as it should.

Therefor the idea is to set that realfeel maxforce value so that it matches the peaks in the FFB signal from the sim as you race thru corners, generating high steering loads. This maxforce value changes a litle bit from car type to car type and track to track, that is why IMO it is nice to understand how to tune this for best performance and an even response from the wheel.

The other point is getting the maximum FFB signal from GSC. That means +100% in game strength and getting the RealFeel MaxForce right for your wheel and your personal preference (heavy or light, etc).

Cheers
Thanks for the detailed reply u explained that very well. I know how ffb works its just that i couldnt get it right with this game because i didnt know how realfeel worked. But i changed some things and now i got it feeling pretty good with the Formula extreme and reaza but havent had time to finetune yet. Thanks for the help appreciate it

Thanks for the detailed reply u explained that very well. I know how ffb works its just that i couldnt get it right with this game because i didnt know how realfeel worked. But i changed some things and now i got it feeling pretty good with the Formula extreme and reaza but havent had time to finetune yet. Thanks for the help appreciate it

Could you share what you changed? I had this same problem with my T300 in the open-wheel cars, there was no resistance or any real FFB, and in some of them the wheel wouldn't even center itself. The only way I could get any feeling was to really crank up the RealFeel but then I'd have a lot of clipping and the FFB would feel numb. I've discovered there were problems with my T300 and it's about to go back to TM for repairs for the second time, but SCE was the only sim where I had this complete lack of FFB so I never knew if it was something with the sim or with the T300. I've since upgraded to a CSW V2 but have not tried SCE with it yet. Curious as to how you made it finally work.

Hi guys,

I'm interested by this thread too as I'm considering buying a T300RS to replace my Fanatec CSR (not Elite). I do have the feeling that the FFB force is generally too low (mine is set to 90 on wheel and 86 in SCE).

The T300 looks like a good step forward to me FFB-wise. However, I only play SCE for now. I would hate to lose some weak-but-decent FFB. Especially in the F Retro.

Thanks in advance for the replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 117 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 93 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 87 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 62 6.8%
  • < 5 years