T300RS FFB issues with Automobilista

I have been struggling with the FFB and Automobilista with my T300RS wheel, the forces are way too weak compared with Asseto and rfactor2. This is how I cured my issue. I deleted the RealFeel Plugin file. And now my FFB in AMS is great !! So, should that even work ?
It does...

I have a t300rs as well and it feels great in AMS. A touch weaker in RF2 but hardly if you set your ffb in RF2 to not clip.

Settings I use;
98% in Thrustmaster settings and default rest. Make sure fan on the wheel is set to always on.

In AMS I think around 77 strength and 27 min ffb. 360hz pure.

In some cars I will Adjust the maxsteering force in game up 1 or 2 clicks just for a bit more strength. That is dependent on car though.

Hope that helps.

I wonder why the realFeelPlugin doesn't get updated when the sim does? So this means everytime I get an update I should delete the plugin ?
OK, I'm not very techy.

It's not the plugin, it's the .ini file that gets updated when you adjust the Realfeel settings in the game (with the somewhat awkward keyboard controls). Reiza provides good defaults for all cars, but depending on your hardware or personal preference, you may want to adjust the strength up or down a bit.

After you carefully adjust dozens of cars, then Reiza comes along and replaces the Realfeel.ini with a fresh default version (usually after they introduce a new car or adjust an old one). It is the one file you should back-up yourself if you have made any adjustments that you care about (it's in the AMS root folder). Of course, if you do a Steam file integrity check, you will also get a Realfeel.ini reset back to defaults.

If you have played with the plugin files, you should stop doing that ;)

Then again, "finetuning" AMS FFB generally means making it worse in one way or another, so there really is no reason to even touch the files (which is also the reason why the settings are not readily available and are accessible only through file editing or obscure undocumented key combinations).

But each to his own I guess.

Then again, "finetuning" AMS FFB generally means making it worse in one way or another, so there really is no reason to even touch the files (which is also the reason why the settings are not readily available and are accessible only through file editing or obscure undocumented key combinations).

But each to his own I guess.

Not really. Default values have hefty amount of clipping, basically designed for G27.

@AadHofman The have a mild amount of clipping under fairly extreme conditions, as they should. Compared to a lot of content fo rF2 (including official cars, I'm sorry to say, though these are generally set a lot better than plenty of 3rd party mods that clip as soon as you look at the wheel), or say AC or ACC with the FFB set at 100 % (which really should be considered the default setting in any sim), they still have a lot less clipping than those do.

And there's no such thing as the amount of clipping "designed for G27". Clipping (in this sense, the sim-adjustable kind of clipping) is a universal thing not depending on hardware (except maybe for the direct drive wheels that require an engineering degree and weeks of tuning to even set the wheel up for one game). If you set a FFB values in sim so that you are clipping 20 % of time, you will be clipping 20 % of time regardless of whether you connect a DFGT or Fanatec CSL, and regardless if you have the wheel itself set to 100 % strength or 20 % strength.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 93 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 68 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 73 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.2%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 101 13.8%