T300rs button issues

Hi all

I'm new to this forum so wanted to say Hi and also to say thanks for all the great mods/liveries etc I have seen/used on RD - they are really great.

Apologies if this has been posted before - I tried searching the history but couldn't find anything - I got into simracing back in the middle of last year, on PC, using a T300rs wheel with default pedals, I've got the standard wheel and Open Wheel that I switch between using.

The wheel generally works really well in terms of FFB, never experienced any issues. However, almost from the start I have had issues with the buttons on both wheels. For example, after a period of use, the buttons (and shifters) on both wheels will not be responsive for a period of time, say 10 seconds (before eventually coming back), or will experience random button presses (e.g., if I had change view assigned to a button, it would randomly active despite no input from me). This also seems to happen more when turning to the left. A great example would be today: everything worked fine for about 45 minutes, but then the no-input issue would happen. After doing some research online, it seems a fairly common problem but I couldn't see anyone having found a solution. My initial thoughts were it was caused by the connector from the base to the wheel coming loose (hence losing input connection), but today I tried mapping look left/right to the L3 and R3 buttons on the base, but the un-responsive issue still happened. Part of me wonders if its the USB connector from the back of the base into the PC as that felt a tad loose earlier.

I was wondering if anyone else had experienced this and if you were able to sort it. I've raised with Thrustmaster but not got anywhere yet. In the process of considering workarounds, but still WIP :)

Thanks in advance for any help/comments
Tom

Hi all

I'm new to this forum so wanted to say Hi and also to say thanks for all the great mods/liveries etc I have seen/used on RD - they are really great.

Apologies if this has been posted before - I tried searching the history but couldn't find anything - I got into simracing back in the middle of last year, on PC, using a T300rs wheel with default pedals, I've got the standard wheel and Open Wheel that I switch between using.

The wheel generally works really well in terms of FFB, never experienced any issues. However, almost from the start I have had issues with the buttons on both wheels. For example, after a period of use, the buttons (and shifters) on both wheels will not be responsive for a period of time, say 10 seconds (before eventually coming back), or will experience random button presses (e.g., if I had change view assigned to a button, it would randomly active despite no input from me). This also seems to happen more when turning to the left. A great example would be today: everything worked fine for about 45 minutes, but then the no-input issue would happen. After doing some research online, it seems a fairly common problem but I couldn't see anyone having found a solution. My initial thoughts were it was caused by the connector from the base to the wheel coming loose (hence losing input connection), but today I tried mapping look left/right to the L3 and R3 buttons on the base, but the un-responsive issue still happened. Part of me wonders if its the USB connector from the back of the base into the PC as that felt a tad loose earlier.

I was wondering if anyone else had experienced this and if you were able to sort it. I've raised with Thrustmaster but not got anywhere yet. In the process of considering workarounds, but still WIP :)

Thanks in advance for any help/comments
Tom
did you find a fix for it without sending it to thrustmaster?

did you find a fix for it without sending it to thrustmaster?
Hey Jaaaaaaaaaake,

Nope afraid not - i tried multiple things but nothing worked. In the end I contacted Thrustmaster, as still under warranty, and they took it back in, replaced a part and it’s worked fine since (sent it in Jan/Feb 2022, so getting onto nearly 2 years with no issues).

Bit of a hassle sending it back to them but it’s sorted the problem.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back