T300rs best choice for AMS?

Discussion in 'Automobilista' started by David Ignjatovic, Oct 1, 2016.

1. fortyfivekev

fortyfivekev

Ratings:
    +318
    I agree with Alex. My G25 and G27 still work pretty well even though I bought them both secondhand and used them for years. I have a feeling my T300 wont last anything like as long. Hopefully it lasts long enough for me to save up for an OSW. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. TeSL9

TeSL9
    Pessimistic (rarely flying) Finn :) Premium

Ratings:
    +268
    Has anyone had a problem with tx or t300 losing all force feedback in game? .... i hope it is a AMS related issue.... :confused:

3. Paul Bennett

Paul Bennett
    Premium

Ratings:
    +871
    Have ordered a TX Leather on my local Thrustmaster shop, use Blackweek code at the checkout for discount % which is decreasing the week.

4. Jake Fangio

Jake Fangio
    Please don't rain pleeaassee don't rain

Ratings:
    +167
    So true.Iv'e already had a failure of a T300,I got my money back and got the G27.

5. David Ignjatovic

David Ignjatovic

Ratings:
    +489
    G27 is weakassed compared to the mighty t300....no one should buy G27's anymore, t300 is the new HQ standard.

I just installed the EEC GT3 mod and damn, some awesome tanks in there.

6. John Kerry

John Kerry

Ratings:
    +11
    Hi all I need help buying my first wheel. I have been using a gamepad until now I have a very small budget. Don't laugh......but I was looking to buy the Thrustmaster Ferrari red legend wheel and wanted to make sure it would work in Automobilista.

Thanks.

7. Denis Betty

Denis Betty
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,515
    That's a tough one. It doesn't seem to have force feedback, is that correct? I think if you buy that wheel, you'll (very quickly) wish you'd gone for something with FFB. Having said that, Novatech are currently doing a great price. I've used them myself and been happy with the service.
    My advice in this, is the same as for buying anything - think long and hard about what is the most you are prepared to spend. Then, force yourself to spend a little more.
    The problem in this instance, is that the cheapest that I can see a FFB wheel new, is a G29 @ around 4 - 5 times the price of the red legend.
    I hesitate to suggest buying a wheel 2nd hand on Ebay. You'll want it to last, so you'd be taking a chance. However, many sim racers have been through the same journey that you're about to launch into. Namely, you buy a cheap wheel (to see if it's something you're gonna get into), and quickly begin to wish you had a better one. So, many RD members have a spare wheel, and some have more than one....
    That's where you might get lucky. If you were a Premium member at RD, you could post a wanted add in the Sim Racing Marketplace thread. I'll take a look and link to this thread if I see anything. I have an ancient Guillemot Ferrari Force Feedback Racing Wheel kicking around. I'll PM you about that.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Eliximus

Eliximus

Ratings:
    +14
    Hi, can you say how much you can spend in total? I have two wheels for sale, The DFGT moded with G27 pedals (Leo Bodnar inverter) and less than year old G27, If you are from the UK for sure we can arrange budget shipping. Thanks, Mark.

9. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Moving Chicane Premium

Ratings:
    +3,501
    Don't buy any wheel without FFB, you'll regret it. If you're tight for money, get a used DFGT or G25/27 (you can often get them for under 100 euro on Ebay or such, and I only have the best experience with Ebay, though obviously YMMV), or used/new T150/TMX. That should really be the minimum you should aim for.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. John Kerry

John Kerry

Ratings:
    +11

Thanks for the offer. I live in Australia and my budget is only what the red legend costs.

I hear you all so I am now looking for a used ffb wheel.

• Like Like x 1
  11. John Kerry

John Kerry

Ratings:
    +11
    Hi all, I took your advice and bought a Logitech Driving Force GT, only about 6 years old and in very good condition. It was also cheaper than the new Red Legend.
    I only just tried it and it's great but I need to set it up better.

Thanks for all the advice.

• Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.