T300rs best choice for AMS?

I agree with Alex. My G25 and G27 still work pretty well even though I bought them both secondhand and used them for years. I have a feeling my T300 wont last anything like as long. Hopefully it lasts long enough for me to save up for an OSW. :)

Mmm, I would not count on that: products lifetime is getting shorter and shorter… The first fridges were lasting 40 or 50 years, now it is more 5 years no? Same for TV or washing machine… :unsure: I have the feeling it is the same with the latest wheels: they are much more advanced but a tad more fragile… A G25 was just rock solid, some are still using theirs 10 years later. That said, I hope my T300 will last a while! ;)
So true.Iv'e already had a failure of a T300,I got my money back and got the G27.

Hi all I need help buying my first wheel. I have been using a gamepad until now I have a very small budget. Don't laugh......but I was looking to buy the Thrustmaster Ferrari red legend wheel and wanted to make sure it would work in Automobilista.

Thanks.

Hi all I need help buying my first wheel. I have been using a gamepad until now I have a very small budget. Don't laugh......but I was looking to buy the Thrustmaster Ferrari red legend wheel and wanted to make sure it would work in Automobilista.

Thanks.
That's a tough one. It doesn't seem to have force feedback, is that correct? I think if you buy that wheel, you'll (very quickly) wish you'd gone for something with FFB. Having said that, Novatech are currently doing a great price. I've used them myself and been happy with the service.
My advice in this, is the same as for buying anything - think long and hard about what is the most you are prepared to spend. Then, force yourself to spend a little more.
The problem in this instance, is that the cheapest that I can see a FFB wheel new, is a G29 @ around 4 - 5 times the price of the red legend.
I hesitate to suggest buying a wheel 2nd hand on Ebay. You'll want it to last, so you'd be taking a chance. However, many sim racers have been through the same journey that you're about to launch into. Namely, you buy a cheap wheel (to see if it's something you're gonna get into), and quickly begin to wish you had a better one. So, many RD members have a spare wheel, and some have more than one....
That's where you might get lucky. If you were a Premium member at RD, you could post a wanted add in the Sim Racing Marketplace thread. I'll take a look and link to this thread if I see anything. I have an ancient Guillemot Ferrari Force Feedback Racing Wheel kicking around. I'll PM you about that.

Hi, can you say how much you can spend in total? I have two wheels for sale, The DFGT moded with G27 pedals (Leo Bodnar inverter) and less than year old G27, If you are from the UK for sure we can arrange budget shipping. Thanks, Mark.

Thrustmaster Ferrari red legend wheel
Don't buy any wheel without FFB, you'll regret it. If you're tight for money, get a used DFGT or G25/27 (you can often get them for under 100 euro on Ebay or such, and I only have the best experience with Ebay, though obviously YMMV), or used/new T150/TMX. That should really be the minimum you should aim for.

Hi, can you say how much you can spend in total? I have two wheels for sale, The DFGT moded with G27 pedals (Leo Bodnar inverter) and less than year old G27, If you are from the UK for sure we can arrange budget shipping. Thanks, Mark.

Thanks for the offer. I live in Australia and my budget is only what the red legend costs.

I hear you all so I am now looking for a used ffb wheel.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back