T300rs best choice for AMS?

Do you consider the conical brake mod a gimmick?
No, I really like it with the T3PA pedals. You can set the distance of the pedal to the cone, so you can have a "soft" braking range with only the spring, and then it hits the cone, where the resistance gets stronger and gradual. For how simple it is, I think it's fantastic. Just set the range of the pedal in the controls menu to set the exact travel you want according to the resistance. It makes gentle braking or trail-braking much easier.

I'm also keeping an eye on the comments here, I have a G27 which will need replacing sometime in the not-too-distant future, but in USD the price difference between the T300rs (~$380) and the T500rs (~$550) is smaller. What would be the better option? The G27 has been rock solid, but I keep seeing comments about TM quality/longevity - any insight from owners? If I go with the 300, I'll just keep the G27 pedals/shifter, but if I choose the 500 is it possible to get an adapter to use the shifter as a standalone unit?

Cheers for any advice.

I went with a T300 (RS I think, at work can't actually remember!) and kept my G25 pedals (with GTEye Springs for brake and accelerator), works like a charm and I saved loads on the pedal mod as I was looking at Clubsport but they were too pricey.
Anyway the wheel is a vast improvement over the G25, which I actually really liked using as well so it all worked out nicely.

Well, I just put myself a no1 on the time trial leaderboards with a 57flat at Taruma with F3....that's 7tenths faster than my previous g27 time....I did this within 6 or so laps.
My steam name is davidbanana.

Not "loving" the feel atm, but I'm just using defaults, and maybe u have to get used to it etc.

Well, I just put myself a no1 on the time trial leaderboards with a 57flat at Taruma with F3....that's 7tenths faster than my previous g27 time....I did this within 6 or so laps.
My steam name is davidbanana.

Not "loving" the feel atm, but I'm just using defaults, and maybe u have to get used to it etc.
imo the real improvement is less to do with feel (the fact that its less visceral due to the belts as opposed to gears probably takes a little bit of adjusting & may be cause for initial disappointment) but the force @ which the wheel can rotate...the extra torque means the wheel can actually self-align at a redeemable rate, so you don't have to do it all yourself... coming from the g27 it was a night & day difference for me. won't be as notable in slick/formula cars, but spend a little time with something like the vee or opalas (any higher DOR/non-slick car, preferably) & you should notice the difference quite quickly.

I'm also keeping an eye on the comments here, I have a G27 which will need replacing sometime in the not-too-distant future, but in USD the price difference between the T300rs (~$380) and the T500rs (~$550) is smaller. What would be the better option? The G27 has been rock solid, but I keep seeing comments about TM quality/longevity - any insight from owners? If I go with the 300, I'll just keep the G27 pedals/shifter, but if I choose the 500 is it possible to get an adapter to use the shifter as a standalone unit?

Cheers for any advice.
ive mostly seen it said (pitched?) the t300(/t300rs, same difference, fyi) is actually an upgrade over the t500. the extra price there would be the pedals (stock t300 pedals are essentially freebie throw-ins), so based on your situation i'd say its a no-brainer.

Cheers for any advice.
I just sold my G27 shifter adapter yesterday :), but I still have the adapter for the G27pedals if you're interested. I bought them from Leo Bodner here: http://www.leobodnar.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=97&products_id=187 just before I changed to all TM stuff :) (it's a long story) The cable is brand new, and I also have a loadcell kit from Ricmotech for the G27 pedals like this one: http://www.ricmotech.com/Load_Cell_Upgrade_Kit_for_Logitech_G25_G27_Pedals_p/rmt-lc27.htm which I used for just two weeks before I sold the pedals, but converted back to the standard spring, as the new owner was only 10 years old, and the spring was too heavy for him :) PM me if you're interested

Last edited:
what the heck :confused::confused:
Yep, got home from work and turned the rig on to cut a few laps. Made a cup of tea and when I came back the case was on fire, blue flames, smoke, the lot. I took it back and it was a no questions asked replacement, which just took 3 months. In the end I got tired of waiting and bought a T300. I now keep the replacement T500 in the cupboard in case the T300 has to go back...

imo the real improvement is less to do with feel (the fact that its less visceral due to the belts as opposed to gears probably takes a little bit of adjusting & may be cause for initial disappointment) but the force @ which the wheel can rotate...the extra torque means the wheel can actually self-align at a redeemable rate, so you don't have to do it all yourself... coming from the g27 it was a night & day difference for me. won't be as notable in slick/formula cars, but spend a little time with something like the vee or opalas (any higher DOR/non-slick car, preferably) & you should notice the difference quite quickly.
Yep, rf2 is being reinstalled, that will be interesting especially as i also have the 470 to max hell out of it.
I'll have a lot more time on Saturday...

PARDON MY IMMENSE STUPIDITY...i didn't have the collar properly secured.

I want a bit more time before I give my final verdict, but I'm thinking it's going to get my highest recommendation, ie, this cost me $50 more than my G27.

Some of the cars in rf2 felt epic, but I get the feeling ISI has botched some of them....more on that later.

For potential G25/7 upgraders, don't worry about the pedals, first of all, you can buy a $20 connector and use them if you want, but the good news is that the pedals are surprisingly good.
They're not utter garbage like DFGT pedals, they're a huge improvement over crap like that......so I'm in no rush to get T3PA.

AMS V10 was good with G27, but with T300, it's far better, much better steering precision and control, speaking of which, the ease that you can countersteer with the T300 is hard to believe compared to G27.

If you come from a G27 you will not like the T300 plastic pedals. At least I didn't. Went straight for the T500 instead
I agree that they don't look the part but given they were all i had, i had no choice but to use them and was surprised at their ability, it also helps that simulated braking is good on t300.

I've been put off from buying t300rs because i thought the pedals would be dfgt bad, but they're quite acceptable imo.

FYI....I put the camaro at no1 at curitiba and austria GP tracks.

I think anyone with an old G25/27 should buy this wheel immediately, once you've got it dialed in, you'll forget about rubbish G27 etc.
Btw, RF2 is like a new game with this wheel as well, so if you had it uninstalled, nows a good time to reinstall and see what a difference this nub makes.

I had some braking issues with some of the rf2 cars, but i can say the same with my g27.

I think it's a big shame that Thrustmaster had such visible quality issues with the TX/T300. It clearly put people off from a serious upgrade (compared to sticking with DFGT, G25/27, moving to G29).

My T300 just hit 2 years old and I'm still very happy with it. The combination of smoothness, low latency, free spinning (low internal resistance) and just about enough motor power for getting sideways is an excellent combination of virtues in a very inexpensive price point.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 335 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 465 39.0%