T300GT disconnects by itself

Hello, yesterday my T300GT started acting up - after few minutes it shuts off for another few minutes (led turns off, buttons and pedals stop working) and then turns on by itself - over and over again. It doesn't matter if I play or not.
I thought it was overheating so I forced cooling - nothing changed. Power cable is plugged all the way, I tried different usb ports on my pc, different electrical sockets, removing steering wheel (599xx), reinstalling the drivers, connecting to other pc. I have no more warranty. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Mate had a similar problem. After a few years use it began to uninstall and wouldn't recognise or install as a t300 on my old PC. See link below for more details. I got a new PC just before Xmas and all of a sudden it recognised and installed. Worked fine for a week or so then started disconnecting and reconnecting and recalibrating by itself. Eventually it died totally, no power nothing. As much as I wanted to upgrade to Fanatec it is currently out of my budget so ended up grabbing another t300 2nd hand for a decent price. Working as advertised, for now...

Did a lot of research when it first died, even asked on here (see T300 RS won't install | RaceDepartment). Came to the conclusion that as good a wheel as it is for the price, best IMO in this price range, they are prone to failure. Fan is the most common, then power supply. There are instructions on YT to change/fix both but I am no handy man. Good luck.

Upvote 0
Mate had a similar problem. After a few years use it began to uninstall and wouldn't recognise or install as a t300 on my old PC. See link below for more details. I got a new PC just before Xmas and all of a sudden it recognised and installed. Worked fine for a week or so then started disconnecting and reconnecting and recalibrating by itself. Eventually it died totally, no power nothing. As much as I wanted to upgrade to Fanatec it is currently out of my budget so ended up grabbing another t300 2nd hand for a decent price. Working as advertised, for now...

Did a lot of research when it first died, even asked on here (see T300 RS won't install | RaceDepartment). Came to the conclusion that as good a wheel as it is for the price, best IMO in this price range, they are prone to failure. Fan is the most common, then power supply. There are instructions on YT to change/fix both but I am no handy man. Good luck.
Replacing power supply fixed the problem. It works like a charm now.

Upvote 0
Hey REDRANGERPWNm, where did you get a replacement power supply from? Same happened to me this week and although I've bought a new wheel (488 challenge) I would like to repair my T300RS as a back up.
I found a guy who is fixing Thrustmaster wheels and he made it from parts iirc. There are videos on youtube where people modify laptops power supplies to run T300 (in that case power supply is outside the base - mine is still inside).

Upvote 0
Thank you Red. I managed to find a second hand T300 powersupply off ebay in the UK and it's up and running now although I've just bought a new 488 Challenge TS-PC wheel as a treat. My son will have this to race in our iRacing team in the future so all good now.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back