T300 vs TS-PC racer

Hello guys, Im putting together my first SIM setup. Im attempting to stay on a semi "budget" and sourcing used stuff as much as I can.

Im debating currently between a the Thrustmaster T300 and the TS-PC racer. I currently have a bid in on a TS-PC racer but if I dont end up with it, is there really much difference between it and the T300 base?

Ill be mostly racing iRacing, at least at the beginning.

Hoping to pair the wheel with a set of the older CSR Elite pedals, or maybe a set of V1/V2 Clubsports.

Thanks in advance!!

This.
The 300 has an internal power supply causing overheating.
For what it's worth I just ordered a new CSL Elite which is what you should be choosing between in my opinion.
CSL vs TS-PC.

Alright, thanks! Im current high bidder on a TS-PC at the moment, and have passed up two CSL Elite's for the simple fact that used, people pay new or sometimes even over new prices, its crazy!

Upvote 0
I totally disagree cause I owned both.
Even thought everything comes down to what price you'll pay, there is absolutely no chance that you'll be feeling unhappy with a T300 to start with . I sold my tspc simply because it was still worth some value as a used wheel, because the T300 is a really nice wheel, and because I consider a serious upgrade a DD wheel so I was totally fine sticking with the T300 and gather the funds needed to upgrade.
Also a friend that I sold him a T300 went the same route (without having discussed it before), bought the tspc and then sold it. Not because it's a bad wheel of course, but because it's not fvm and not an upgrade towards the feeling. Same belt driven technology.

About the overheating problems of the T300 /TX's : TM has put the PSU internally as mentioned with simplicity in mind that turned back and destroyed the wheel's reputation with all those problems caused by overheating.
BUT from firmware v24 introduced a mode of ALWAYS ON for the fan (mode&button 8) that prevents heat build up. I can run 2 hour stints with 100% ffb in the profiler with no suspicion of heat, thermal throttling etc. After this the failure rate has fallen obviously and I'd believe that it wouldn't be any different than other modern consumer products. Because other than that its a well designed product.

So if you get any of those wheels, you'll have a hell of a fun:)

Upvote 0
I totally disagree cause I owned both.
Even thought everything comes down to what price you'll pay, there is absolutely no chance that you'll be feeling unhappy with a T300 to start with . I sold my tspc simply because it was still worth some value as a used wheel, because the T300 is a really nice wheel, and because I consider a serious upgrade a DD wheel so I was totally fine sticking with the T300 and gather the funds needed to upgrade.
Also a friend that I sold him a T300 went the same route (without having discussed it before), bought the tspc and then sold it. Not because it's a bad wheel of course, but because it's not fvm and not an upgrade towards the feeling. Same belt driven technology.

About the overheating problems of the T300 /TX's : TM has put the PSU internally as mentioned with simplicity in mind that turned back and destroyed the wheel's reputation with all those problems caused by overheating.
BUT from firmware v24 introduced a mode of ALWAYS ON for the fan (mode&button 8) that prevents heat build up. I can run 2 hour stints with 100% ffb in the profiler with no suspicion of heat, thermal throttling etc. After this the failure rate has fallen obviously and I'd believe that it wouldn't be any different than other modern consumer products. Because other than that its a well designed product.

So if you get any of those wheels, you'll have a hell of a fun:)

Awesome, thanks! I have done plenty of reading and honestly was thinking I would do that straight away (run the fan as always on) if I end up with a T300. We will see how high this TS-PC racer goes and go from there. T300 bases/wheels are plentiful so I wont have any issue finding one if this deal doesnt pan out.

Now I just need to find a decent used set of CSR Elite pedals or Clubsport V1's.

Upvote 0
use a t300 and ts-pc racer and personally think the ts-pc racer is a decent upgrade over the t300, much better quality, tighter ffb in the center much much stronger ffb, worth the price over a t300 ? I think so

Upvote 0
I was tossed between a $400 csl without a wheel and a tspc with the ferrari 488 challenge wheel for 500..I have a tmx and t3pm pedals...the tspc was far newer and I already had pedals ..I was gonna drop some change and go full fanatec but ended up getting the tspc....I love it. Once I upgrade pedals I think I'll be pretty content...that boost mode, wow, coming from a tmx, it kinda hurts lol....love it

Upvote 1

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 351 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing