T300 to CSW v2.5 or Rift CV1 to Valve Index?

I'm trying to determine my next rig upgrade. Right now I'm running a T300 wheel, CSL Elite LC pedals, an Oculus Rift CV1 headset, and an 8020 rig. I'd like to upgrade either the T300 to a CSW v2.5 or the Rift to a Valve Index (have a 1080ti that should run this fine I think?). The T300 upgrade would be for more accurate and smoother FFB as well as a larger sized rim. The Rift upgrade would be for better immersion with a slightly wider FoV and a better graphical experience. Is one of these options a clear winner over the other in terms of providing a more improved simracing experience? I'm having trouble deciding and could use some outside opinions.

i mean.. is it worth upgrading the wheelbase? If i were u, i would straight go for a DD. If u Need a larger RIM just buy one and get an Adapter (u can 3D Print it aswell).
In my opinion u should upgrade the VR.

Upvote 0
As you imagine everything is subjective here. I would also agree that you should be aiming on going DD instead of a high end belt drive wheel. Yes it's better , but a DD is a whole other world.
Also the index is better but it's also not game changer as a DD vs belt is. CV1 is fine, no real handicaps there.

Upvote 0
I suppose VR technology is advancing at a faster rate than wheels. There's the thought that I could upgrade the wheel now then stick it out with the Rift for another year or so and see what's out then or what's gone down in price.

I'm a bit surprised to see the recommendations to go straight to DD. Well, I'm not surprised to see that, it's more I'm surprised to see that the T300 to CSW v2.5 isn't really a worthwhile upgrade. I just don't think I can shell out $1300 or so for a DD kit (wheel and rim) right now. I was thinking of possibly getting the CSW v2.5 and a rim. If I did that I would already have a nicer Fanatec rim and could sell the CSW down the road to fund a DD1 possibly.

Upvote 0
I suppose VR technology is advancing at a faster rate than wheels. There's the thought that I could upgrade the wheel now then stick it out with the Rift for another year or so and see what's out then or what's gone down in price.

I'm a bit surprised to see the recommendations to go straight to DD. Well, I'm not surprised to see that, it's more I'm surprised to see that the T300 to CSW v2.5 isn't really a worthwhile upgrade. I just don't think I can shell out $1300 or so for a DD kit (wheel and rim) right now. I was thinking of possibly getting the CSW v2.5 and a rim. If I did that I would already have a nicer Fanatec rim and could sell the CSW down the road to fund a DD1 possibly.

I know what u mean, but its not worth upgrading to a same technology one. If u would like to upgrade the wheel, just wait till u have enough money for it. If you really like to upgrade something on your rig, i would go for the VR. But i don't think its worth going to the CSW v2.5 from the T300.
Just my thoughts.

Upvote 0
Also DD is not only 1300usd territory. Even a used simucube 1 at half that price is much better.
Of course a csw is better than a T300, no one denies that. It's just no vfm anymore by any chance.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back