T300 Table clamp

I have gone and broken my table clamp for my t300 wheel base, it no longer screws in tight enough to hold the wheelbase onto the table. Anyone know of a way to fix it or where I can get a replacement table clamp?

Contact Thrustmaster, they have helped me out in the past.

The site below also sells the clamp (might be dutch only, don't know) but a lot of stuff is also listed as out of stock so who knows:
https://www.mardomedia.nl/

Contacted thrustmaster just waiting on a reply from them. Not sure if a new table clamp will do the job as I don't know if it's the hole in the base, the tightening screw or the clamp itself that I have damaged.

Upvote 0
Can't help you with the original clamp, but you could mount the T300 onto a plank and mount the plank to your desk with C-clamps (as a workaround).

This is what i have done after i had this problem. In my case the thread inside the base was worn out. TM replaced the base but i mounted it to a piece of wood anyway. With C-clamps its much more stable then the table clamp.

Upvote 0
I've got the same problem and it's my second clamp already. They sell replacement clamps for 15,60 EUR + 15 EUR shipping. If you order one, better buy two.
So far I was super happy with my T300 but that clamp issue is really annoying. Thinking about getting a Fanatec wheel now.

Upvote 0
This is what i have done after i had this problem. In my case the thread inside the base was worn out. TM replaced the base but i mounted it to a piece of wood anyway. With C-clamps its much more stable then the table clamp.
If they offer to replace the base will do that, I have heard using none smelling grease is a good way to preserve the life of the clamp and thread in the base so will give that a go on the new one. Fingers crossed

Upvote 0
I've greased the thread of the clamp the first day I got the wheel, since I really didn't like the resistance I was getting while tightening it, I could almost feel the metal grinding away. Much better with a bit of graphite grease into the thread.

Upvote 0
Contacted thrustmaster just waiting on a reply from them. Not sure if a new table clamp will do the job as I don't know if it's the hole in the base, the tightening screw or the clamp itself that I have damaged.

In the same boat...it turns out that the hole in the base is to blame in my case. Took out the screw from the table clamp then screw it into the hole and it was clear that this was it :( (2.5 years it lasted)
Will probably jump ship and go with Fanatec this time around.

Upvote 0
Just broke mine a couple days ago as well. Contacted support, no reply in two days. :mad:

I noticed the main issue with mine was that the rubber grippies on the bottom of the base had worn off which made it slide around the desk more than usual. That in turn made me crank up the pressure on the clamp and boom. Broke it.

Upvote 0
Just broke mine a couple days ago as well. Contacted support, no reply in two days. :mad:

I noticed the main issue with mine was that the rubber grippies on the bottom of the base had worn off which made it slide around the desk more than usual. That in turn made me crank up the pressure on the clamp and boom. Broke it.
Thrustmaster took a bit of time to get back to me as well, but once they did they just told me to send them my proof of purchase and some details of the wheel base and they dispatched a new clamp to me free of charge. I took Martin Fiala's advice and greased up my new one so it doesn't wear down the thread and makes it easier to clamp.

Upvote 0
When I bought my T500, it was missing the table clamp.
I simply went to the hardware store and purchased a 1" thick piece of marine ply.
I then shaped it the same contour as the wheel base but with a 2" over-hang.
Using a bit of paper and a pencil, I traced the bolt pattern, then drilled the matching holes in the ply.
Using the appropriate length screws (TM's site tells the max length)...I bolted them together and used 'C' clamps to attach the wheel to my desk.
It's extremely secure and does not move in either direction...and it's easy to remove once the racing is over.

Upvote 0
I made a simple "plank" to mount my wheel that just slips on the edge of the desk. It's a simple push-on pull-off deal. It stands tucked away under the desk when not in use and because it's cable managed with just one umbilical cord, there's no fuss going from desktop to cockpit. Takes 10 secs to set up. Rock solid while driving. It's a plywood plank with a plywood fin each end that's notched to match the desk edge profile. Held in place with sliding bolts at each end which slide up into a discrete hole under the desk. While I was at it I added a centre console to house a G25 shifter and a 7" touchscreen buttonbox. I race in VR these days so buttonbox is obsolete. But console is swappable from RHD to LHD and steering wheel is tilt adjustable. So with a racing seat for an office chair I'm good to go from desktop pc to racing cockpit anytime.
P1050152.jpg

Gotta make a decent pedal box. Pedals sit on an old digihome box ATM...

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 151 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 288 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing