T300 SUPERB FFB SETTINGS 2020 (with CM)

2022 version UPDATED FOR THE LATEST DRIVERS & FIRMWARE (34)

Hi Guys,

After having the T300 for over a year now (which I love), I tried, as all of us, to find a superb FFB feeling to my liking, which is not brutal, but strong enough to feel even the slightest road / track anomalies, or when passing over a curb to feel it quite nicely. I tried all the combos posted here, and then I started experimenting mixing and matching settings, testing sliders one by one, then a mix of them, and so on (there is no LUT in these settings as Thrustmasters are extremely linear). Anyway, I 've come up with the below settings which I find almost perfect (for me), and I wanted to share them with all, and maybe someone likes them! So, lets go:

T300 PANEL
1641816390230.jpeg

In-game Settings (In CM)

CM.PNG

Enabled Gyro

Open assettocorsa\system\cfg\assetto_corsa.ini using Notepad:
GYRO.PNG

Post Processing

Open Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\ff_post_process.ini using Notepad:
FF POST PR.PNG

The above settings work standalone. On top of that, you can also activate the FFB clip app, or not.
(some people like it, others not, I personally use it because it feels so much better!)

The app is nice on Dynamic, however on default settings the Dynamic mode "moves" so fast from very soft to hard that confuses you. So, I ve come with this setup which is subtle

On track FFB Clip App
DEFAULT FFB STRENGTH 75
DYNAMIC THRESOLD 100
DYNAMIC MODE INTENSITY 150
DYNAMIC MODE ON

I set the majority of the cars between 65-80 (depending on the car).

For drifting, justand set the ffb clip strength to 35-45, or how strong you like it.

ATTENTION, THE FFB TWEAKS IN CM, SHOULD NOT BE ACTIVATED

Do a lap at Nordschleife where the road has all kinds of anomalies, uphills, slopes, curbs. bumps, etc.

I hope you like them !

Last edited:
The 'compression' setting in CSP FFB tweaks is inspired by audio compression btw, and actually does the proper analogous thing (bring up quiet ffb without clipping loud ffb)... to be clear it's not at all dynamic, it's just good for cars that have a wide range of peak cornering forces (because of downforce). Actually doing a more complicated thing where it tracks the average and amplifies variations around that, is out of my paygrade.

Last edited:
Yep, I'm finishing my mechatronical engineering studies right now and thought about becoming an audio engineer after school.
Still doing some mixing for small bands I know.

Nothing better than seeing audio levels and frequencies bouncing in all the plugins :D

Comes at the cost of not able to stand all the crap quality online meetings over the last year :rolleyes::roflmao:

nice gl with your studies ! One last question, i would like to know do i really heave to restart the LUTGenerator/Wheelcheck procedure if i want to use it ?

I mean, can't i just use the previous generated .csv to generate my lut ?

nice gl with your studies ! One last question, i would like to know do i really heave to restart the LUTGenerator/Wheelcheck procedure if i want to use it ?

I mean, can't i just use the previous generated .csv to generate my lut ?
Thanks!

The previous csv will generate exactly the same lut. You could also just use the old lut file then :p

But I wouldn't use a lut with a t300, honestly...

You can also just open the notepad and type in your own lut. It's just a look up table for how the ffb level gets changed.
Starting with 0.0|0.0 and ends with 1.0|1.0

If you're not typing in 100 lines, the gaps will be interpolated (I don't know if curved or linear though).

If you want to test if your wheel feels "linear" for you:
Download the "skid pad" mod track, take any car and drive in the big circle.
Turn in further and further and decide of the resistance increases in a linear way.

In my opinion, every wheel does that very well. The motor output is designed to do that...

However the resistance when throwing your wheel doesn't really feel linear, which explains why wheelcheck and the generated LUTs from it look a bit weird...

Hello everyone i have another question and thats may be the last one.

Why do people uses ffb gain around 90 - 80% for racing and around 50 - 60% for drifting ? How does it feel compared to reality ? Why not using the same setting for all ?

I can't compare i dont even have a driver licence. (But maybe soon, playing at sim makes me want to to get it)

Hello everyone i have another question and thats may be the last one.

Why do people uses ffb gain around 90 - 80% for racing and around 50 - 60% for drifting ? How does it feel compared to reality ? Why not using the same setting for all ?

I can't compare i dont even have a driver licence. (But maybe soon, playing at sim makes me want to to get it)
That doesn't make sense at all...
In fact I would use more gain for drifting than for racing.

When racing you're doing precise and careful inputs to keep the tyres at the grip limit. You need every little nuance you can get to feel this edge of grip.
Toi much ffb can shake the wheel and you can't hold it, which leads to less precise inputs.

When drifting, you only give the wheel a little flick to destabilize the rear.
After that you need a wheel that spins as fast as possible into "opposite lock".
As soon as you're sliding, there's barely any ffb, very easy to hold the wheel.
When ending a drift, the wheel will have a short moment of higher ffb where you active "stop the rotation" so the rear won't continue to slide into the opposite direction (although normally you want exactly that. Either sliding right or left and never just drive straight).

So I would always use higher gain for drifting. No idea why these people you mention do it :cautious:

With high gain the wheel resistance to tun fast is higher, so with lower ffb you can turn way faster when drifting. For race driving higher gain gives accuracy to your wheel movements because its a bit heavier.
Its a common practice for drifitng, but what feels easier is personal...as in ffb settings...

If your wheel turns faster at lower ffb then you probably have settings way off... mine's easiest to drift at 100% gain and I'd run at more like 60% for racing because it's less fatiguing and the ffb doesn't matter as much.

Last edited:
If your wheel turns faster at lower ffb then you probably have settings way off... mine's easiest to drift at 100% gain and I'd run at more like 60% for racing because it's less fatiguing and the ffb doesn't matter as much.
Well Tassos says that the driver can turn the wheel easier with less gain, which is correct, if you're working against the front tyres.
But from my drift experience, you're only going "with the wheel" and not really against it, apart from when going in and out of the drift which shouldn't be fatiguing with a t300 at 100% imo.

Hi Guys,

After having the T300 for over a year now (which I love), I tried, as all of us, to find a superb FFB feeling to my liking, which is not brutal, but strong enough to feel even the slightest road / track anomalies, or when passing over a curb to feel it quite nicely. I tried all the combos posted here, and then I started experimenting mixing and matching settings, testing sliders one by one, then a mix of them, and so on (ther eis no LUT in these settings as Thrustmaster are extremely linear). Anyway, I 've come up with the below settings which I find almost perfect (for me), and I wanted to share them with all, and maybe someone likes them!

I hope you like them !

Tassos, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS !!!!!!!!

I'm a new AC driver; just started sim racing at 50 y/o a couple weeks ago and bought a T300 for Xmas 2021. I struggled with finding an acceptable FFB configuration in AC until I stumbled upon your post and tried your settings...... WOW, my T300 just became so alive in AC thanks to you!

Thanks! :)

Tassos, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS !!!!!!!!

I'm a new AC driver; just started sim racing at 50 y/o a couple weeks ago and bought a T300 for Xmas 2021. I struggled with finding an acceptable FFB configuration in AC until I stumbled upon your post and tried your settings...... WOW, my T300 just became so alive in AC thanks to you!

Thanks! :)
Hey thanks mate! Im happy when other T300 users get happy like me! Enjoy the ride! I tried to set it up based on my hands feelings, not with science & facts and blah blah......

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 1066209

Yes, thank you very much for your settings. I applied your settings when I was an unregistered user and they worked really well for me!

Hey @Tassos have you have any improvement with the new drivers and control panel? Did you install the update or are you still using the old software? Any modification that you may have made to the settings? And what about the boost function usage (or not)?

Yes it's on the new panel. It increases the wheel force a lot, but opinions are discordant on the Internet about whether the FFB is better or worse..

So, after some tests I just did, the post is updated with the latest panel, drivers & firmware for new readers(no changes at all). I will keep the boost OFF, because I didn't liked it.
Its feels like you increase the FFB but I felt that it doesn't increase all the details / forces equally, rather that it gives a harder centering force with a "rubbery" feeling.
I don't understand why they released such a function (maybe for other wheel models?) , since you can increase the FFB until it breaks your arms!

So, everything remains the same....

So, after some tests I just did, the post is updated with the latest panel, drivers & firmware for new readers(no changes at all). I will keep the boost OFF, because I didn't liked it.
Its feels like you increase the FFB but I felt that it doesn't increase all the details / forces equally, rather that it gives a harder centering force with a "rubbery" feeling.
I don't understand why they released such a function (maybe for other wheel models?) , since you can increase the FFB until it breaks your arms!

So, everything remains the same....

Actually your impressions do match many of the ones found on the Internet :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 404 16.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 275 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 267 10.8%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 191 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 319 12.9%