T300 started feeling notchy

Pappa_G_27

AU Racing Club Staff
Hi all,

Has any t300 or ex t300 owners had an issue with theirw wheel where the ffb started feeling notchy all of a sudden. Happened to me the other week after just over a year of smooth operation. Was working fine and smooth one day and now it's nearly as bad as my dfgt.

Trying to work out of there is a way to fix it or should I try get it replaced or fixed via warranty. Thankfully has a 2 year warranty.

Any recommendations or other experiences with the wheel?

You could try tightening the drive belt. Loosen the four screws that fix the motor and belt guides to the main chassis and pull the motor upwards to tighten the belt, then tighten the screws up again. Make sure to do the screws up good and tight !

Upvote 0
Yes, the four screws you see in the second video are the ones I loosened, then pull the motor upwards to apply some tension to the belt, then retighten the screws. All you are looking to do is remove the slack from the belt - don't try to pull it too tight, or stretch the belt.

Upvote 0
Convinced my t300 has started feeling notchy/lumpy in euro and american truck sim but people say the ffb in those games always feels like that but i'm sure it was never this bad, will have to try it on a racing sim or take the top cover and ave a look

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hmmm it's happening on assetto interesting

Try this:
- Lowering Minimum Force.
- If the mod has the Steering Assist setup variable, increase the value.
- Lowering FFB gain to about 70%.

I had the issue on the Formula RSS 2 mod, and had to turn up Steering Assist to about 70%, but I guess if your FFB settings are too high to begin with, this won't do much.

Upvote 0
Try this:
- Lowering Minimum Force.
- If the mod has the Steering Assist setup variable, increase the value.
- Lowering FFB gain to about 70%.

I had the issue on the Formula RSS 2 mod, and had to turn up Steering Assist to about 70%, but I guess if your FFB settings are too high to begin with, this won't do much.
Thanks much appreciated

Upvote 0
I started to feel my t300 a little bit notchy, kinda like my g29 did. So when I opened the case to see what was wrong I realized that the output shaft that comes out of the motor (the one that has a white gear on it that is connected to the belt) is bent. So I started thinking and a couple of days ago I had a friend in my house (it was his first time with a sim wheel) and approaching to a corner twice the speed he was intended to, he yanked the wheel to make the car turn, making the tv fall over him.
Before I continue, just so you know, it is not super notchy and not very very noticeable, but it lost the smoothness I loved this wheel for. It calibrates and operates like normal and is definitely not as bad as the videos you guys shared above. (It does exactly like the video in this thread https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...my-gt3rs-did-notchiness-in-particular.124688/ )
So right now I think that first of all I'm gonna try to unbend the shaft. If it doesn't work I'm gonna try to buy a spare used t300 motor, or a wheelbase for parts and the last option a new motor from China (which is not the best because it is a pain in the ass to mount). for those of you that are interested, the stock motor seems to be this one (B4260m-s03).
Either way, I'll try to fix the problem and update you with the progress.

Last edited:
Upvote 1

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 366 28.0%