T300 RS GT not recognised

T300 RS GT not recognised
I have had my T300 RS GT about 18 months now and in that time I have had 2 different systems (One Intel and One AMD based).
Despite 2 completely different builds I have had the same problem each time.
Approximately 1 in 3 times when I switch the computer on the wheel is recognised as "FFB Wheel" instead of "Thrustmaster T300RS Racing Wheel".
If it is listed as a "FFB Wheel" and I launch a game the wheel does not work correctly and I have to exit the game, unplug the wheel and then plug it back in and after this it is recognised as a "Thrustmaster T300RS Racing Wheel" and everything works correctly.
I have previously tried contacting Thrustmaster Customer service but they were utterly useless and no help whatsoever.
Has anyone else experienced anything similar with wheel and if so do you have a solution?

Thank you

Not sure if it'll help much but I would say carefully check where the USB cord come out of the back of the wheel and make sure the cable isn't kinked, cracked or broken there, could be an intermittent connection. I had an issue where mine would randomly disconnect and that was the issue. The ground/shield was completely broken and hard to see because the plastic strain relief was covering where it was broken.

Also found this:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi,
The wires appear to be intact and this problem has existed since the 1st day I bought the wheel so I dont think it is cable damage.
I have tried to follow the instructions above but I could not make sense of it.
Originally I had a G27 and which made awful grinding noises so I thought if I spent a bit more on the T300 RS GT I would have no more problems but it seems I am destined to have issues no matter what wheel I own.
Are all of the wheel manufacturers this bad or is it just Logitech and Thrustmaster?

Upvote 0
I just figured out my problem. Which is a bit specific. Registered to share. I had to connect the USB directly into the motherboard of my PC. My chassis has some USB connectors in the front which is connected to the motherboard with a wire, which apparently causes some problems for some reason, even though they are USB 3 certified, instead of USB2.

Upvote 0
Hi,

I have tried every USB port I have on the motherboard and checked all of the wires and everything appears OK.
However I still have the issue.

Any other ideas?

Thanks
Tthrustmaster FFB wheel.png

Upvote 0
Yes I have it set to PS3 and I realise it should say the name of my wheel that is the problem it doesnt.
If I remove the USB and plug it back it in it is then recognised as a T300 RS GT and it works correctly.
Then next time the computer has been switched off it will be back to Thrustmaster FFB Wheel and I have to repeat the process again.
It is not the biggest issue it is just frustrating that a wheel which was not cheap doesnt work correctly and Thrustmaster were support were no help whatsoever and then said "It is out of warranty now so please send us more money to repair what has never worked since day 1"

Summary
Switch is set to PS3
Plugged into USB2 port (Read that should not use USB 3 port)
Cables are all in good condition with no damage
After installing the drivers it is correctly identified as T300 RS GT until computer is rebooted and then it is listed as Thrustmaster FFB Wheel

Any help much appreciated

Upvote 0
This just started happening to me
In Windows, when the wrong device name is being reported,
right-click, select Properties, then Driver->Driver Details.
Uninstalling that driver could allow the proper driver to work.

Otherwise, find, e.g. by Internet search, the latest/best appropriate driver
and download that. Uninstall the device, then unplug and replug it.
At that point, you should be given an option to use that downloaded driver for it.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 235 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 164 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 159 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 120 7.5%
  • < 5 years