T300 RS GT acting up.

Hello.My t300 rs gt wheel has recently started to develop centering and autocalibration issues. The wheel suddenly loses its centering force and percentage set manually and as a result it hangs to the left or right a couple of degrees,sitting on a wrong angle and dragging away from the center. During the autocalibration, the wheel calibrates endlessly and in a violent manner. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S:I've already tried the txrw calib.motor app but it works temporarily.I lose the centering spot in between race sessions and its really annoying.I tried manually setting up the wheel to the center by mode+se+st, works but its not the solution to the problem..

Well, i havn´t encountered this problem yet,
my T300 is on forced cooling mode since month one.

But i rember quite a few threads for this issue.
When i´m not mistaken its a heat issue with the main circuit board and will be covered by the warranty
if this is still valid for you.

You should be able to find lots of info with a search.

Good luck, carsten

Upvote 0
The calibration process has now rendered the wheel unusable due to the fact that it rotates 5-10 degrees to the left-right and does that endlessly not allowing someone to use the wheel properly anymore. Before all that, in the middle of the race there was some kind of cracking sound from the inside and as a result the centering moved a couple of degrees to the right.Next calibration ended up being a 5-10 degree endless rotation.I dunno whats wrong now but it seems like its a big one and something regarding the motor itself. I'm waiting for thrustmaster's reply now and im not moving any forward as it will probably void my warranty.The thing is it takes so long for it to be inspected and returned that i'll probably be sitting here 2 months without it,which sucks.

P.S:I also had forced cooling mode always on but lately the fan started making some intense noises from the inside,which i dealed with by restarting the forced cooling mode.Must by my servo that is not really doing well in general..

Thanks for the advice Carsten^^

Upvote 0
Hello.My t300 rs gt wheel has recently started to develop centering and autocalibration issues. The wheel suddenly loses its centering force and percentage set manually and as a result it hangs to the left or right a couple of degrees,sitting on a wrong angle and dragging away from the center. During the autocalibration, the wheel calibrates endlessly and in a violent manner. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S:I've already tried the txrw calib.motor app but it works temporarily.I lose the centering spot in between race sessions and its really annoying.I tried manually setting up the wheel to the center by mode+se+st, works but its not the solution to the problem..

The magnetic core of the motor has come loose. Ideally you will open the motor and reglue it if you are a bit capable with tools , and then you'll have a motor BETTER THAN NEW.
Other option is to just order a new one and then you'll have a motor as good as a new one. But it will be prone to the same issue in the future. From China
When the wheel starts autocalibrating STOP IT right away , because it can cause damage internally that is beyond a fix.
After you fix/replace the motor use the calibration tool after you put everything back together.
As said above you should also be sure to always use the wheel in FORCED COOLING MODE.
And last but not least do check the hall base sensor for cracks.

Upvote 0
Hall sensor seemed ok.Thrustmaster itself opened the wheel base to an extent to tighten the belt and do some calibration troubleshooting a couple of months ago.My suspicion is now also the magnetic core of the motor,as everything else seems to be ok.At this point the wheel is not usuable but by getting my hands on the motor seems to be voiding the warranty(theres still intact red glue around there) and im not sure if i wanna do that.I dont fully trust myself for this kind of operation.As of now im thinking of going with the safe but long route of waiting for an RMA and hopefully a fix/replacement.
Btw @asteroulis are you greek?Thanks for the inside info its really insighting.

Upvote 0
Hall sensor seemed ok.Thrustmaster itself opened the wheel base to an extent to tighten the belt and do some calibration troubleshooting a couple of months ago.My suspicion is now also the magnetic core of the motor,as everything else seems to be ok.At this point the wheel is not usuable but by getting my hands on the motor seems to be voiding the warranty(theres still intact red glue around there) and im not sure if i wanna do that.I dont fully trust myself for this kind of operation.As of now im thinking of going with the safe but long route of waiting for an RMA and hopefully a fix/replacement.
Btw @asteroulis are you greek?Thanks for the inside info its really insighting.
If you are under warranty obviously its a no brainer that you get a replacement.
It's 99.99% the motor. I used to do this mod only if the motor is faulty. Now I do it in advance before selling a wheel.
Yes , I'm Greek.

Upvote 0
If you are under warranty obviously its a no brainer that you get a replacement.
It's 99.99% the motor. I used to do this mod only if the motor is faulty. Now I do it in advance before selling a wheel.
Yes , I'm Greek.
Yes, i'm leaning towards that happening as well. It seemed that even before the calibration issues i'd have misalignment issues and cracking sounds just before that,when i'd lose my centering.Talking about misalignments, not only did the wheel just not align but the percentage centering option wouldnt make sense afterwards(that i've mentioned in my early posts).Do you think that this can be eventually fixed or replaced?I tend to believe that a replacement would be the best idea for this particular servo but what if thrustmaster has other thoughts. Is there anyway i can come in contact with you regarding the issue?(for a better inspection without touching the main motorshaft etc).Thanks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes, i'm leaning towards that happening as well. It seemed that even before the calibration issues i'd have misalignment issues and cracking sounds just before that,when i'd lose my centering.Talking about misalignments, not only did the wheel just not align but the percentage centering option wouldnt make sense afterwards(that i've mentioned in my early posts).Do you think that this can be eventually fixed or replaced?I tend to believe that a replacement would be the best idea for this particular servo but what if thrustmaster has other thoughts. Is there anyway i can come in contact with you regarding the issue?(for a better inspection without touching the main motorshaft etc).Thanks.

These are all symptoms related to the motor. These are clearly problems that are caused by a faulty motor and should be replaced under warranty. I do suspect they wont even fix it , they'll give you a new one.

If it was out of warranty though , you could get in touch with me through a PM and see what can be done.

Upvote 0
IF its the motor magnet coming loose within the housing (which is entirely possible, but requires some serious heat, far too hot to touch) its basically a few dollars to replace. Almost all cheap/cheap'ish manufactures use Mabuchi brushed motors for FFB duties. Obviously a warranty issue if still under warranty but if not, its two screws, two solder joints and a curcuit board to attach and reattach to fix it. Possibly a belt pulley aswell.
If you're even slightly mechanicly inclined, it shouldnt be too hard to fix.

Upvote 0
Well, i'm currently pending for a response from thrustmaster that can even take 15 days just for the reply alone lol..Its going to be a long journey it seems.I hope its worth the wait.

Upvote 0
This is the reply:
Your message has been forwarded on to our Customer Support service.
Due to the COVID 19 pandemic, our delay for response is currently 15 days. Our Customer Service will get back to you with the best reasonable delay.
Thank you for your understanding and patience.

To ensure the most efficient follow-up of your query, please answer directly to this email (do not open a new ticket).
Kind regards,
The Thrustmaster team
http://support.thrustmaster.com

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back