T300 not detected on PC

I just received t300 gte this morning. Trying to connect it to pc, but it isn't detected. I downloaded the latest thrustmaster software, installed it, plugged the wheel during installation (when prompted) and... Nothing. The computer acts as if the wheel doesn't exist. The MODE light isn't glowing either.

Is the wheel dead or what? Costed me over £200 so it better be fixable without returning the whole thing. Thanks guys!

Can anyone tell me how strong the cooling fan should be? I can barely feel it and can't hear it at all. Maybe it's the way it should be, but the motor seems to get very warm (no effect on performance though). It's a bit surprising, because I am sure I saw some people complaining about the laudness of the fan and ,in my case, I wouldn't be able to tell if the fan was on had I not known about its existance before.

EDIT: Managed to force cooling fan on!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Make sure power cable is pushed firmly in the back of the wheelbase, many people think it's faulty but it's not plugged in far enough. (It can appear to be fitted correctly when it actually needs to be pushed in a bit more).
Fan will be quiet until you drive for a while, it depends on the game and how hard you drive.
You might also notice a warm or hot smell for the first day or so, that will disappear after the first few uses.

Upvote 0
Make sure power cable is pushed firmly in the back of the wheelbase, many people think it's faulty but it's not plugged in far enough. (It can appear to be fitted correctly when it actually needs to be pushed in a bit more).
Fan will be quiet until you drive for a while, it depends on the game and how hard you drive.
You might also notice a warm or hot smell for the first day or so, that will disappear after the first few uses.

No matter how much you tighten the power cord it doesn't work

Upvote 0
No matter how much you tighten the power cord it doesn't work

If you're sure you pushed it in really well, and the other end is plugged in ok, then I'm sorry, I don't know what else could be wrong.
EDIT Wait I also just remembered - Where are you? Are you using a 2 pin Euro plug?
I'm in UK but my T300 came with a 2 pin Euro plug, and it actually did not work properly till I turned the plug round the other way. I believe they are supposed to work in either direction, but it definitely made a difference for me which way I plugged it in.
I then bought a UK plug so I don't have any trouble now.

But of course it depends where you and what type of socket you have.

Upvote 0
I just figured out my problem. Which is a bit specific. Registered to share. I had to connect the USB directly into the motherboard of my PC. My chassis has some USB connectors in the front which is connected to the motherboard with a wire, which apparently causes some problems for some reason, even though they are USB 3 certified, instead of USB2.

Upvote 0
I just figured out my problem. Which is a bit specific. Registered to share. I had to connect the USB directly into the motherboard of my PC. My chassis has some USB connectors in the front which is connected to the motherboard with a wire, which apparently causes some problems for some reason, even though they are USB 3 certified, instead of USB2.
The wheel doesn't like PS3, moving it to a PS2 slot fixed it.

Upvote 0
These wheels have been driving me nuts, we have three of them.
here's the complete run down.
Loading the correct driver is difficult to say the least, the enemy in the first instance is windows and your antivirus, DO NOT plug the wheel in until the software tells you to, or windows will install a generic driver and refuse to change it, and when I say refuse, this is the extreme that I have to go to to get the actual driver to install.
1) Firstly when downloading the driver, turn off your ANTIVIRUS, because every one of them breaks the driver every chance that they get.
2) You need to uninstall the wrong driver, empty your recycle bin and restart the PC with the wheel unplugged, this is the only way to stop windows reloading the wrong driver over and over again.
3) Once you have your 2020_TTRS_1 executable downloaded safely run the program and connect the wheel when TOLD too, if you pay attention to your taskbar you will see a windows notification saying that a Thrustmaster RS300 has been found and installed, if the windows notice says generic wheel found then you have to delete it and start all over again.
To check open the Thrustmaster control panel, if one of your listed Thrustmaster T300 is listed then all is good, if not.. start again

Upvote 0
These wheels have been driving me nuts, we have three of them.
here's the complete run down.
Loading the correct driver is difficult to say the least, the enemy in the first instance is windows and your antivirus, DO NOT plug the wheel in until the software tells you to, or windows will install a generic driver and refuse to change it, and when I say refuse, this is the extreme that I have to go to to get the actual driver to install.
1) Firstly when downloading the driver, turn off your ANTIVIRUS, because every one of them breaks the driver every chance that they get.
2) You need to uninstall the wrong driver, empty your recycle bin and restart the PC with the wheel unplugged, this is the only way to stop windows reloading the wrong driver over and over again.
3) Once you have your 2020_TTRS_1 executable downloaded safely run the program and connect the wheel when TOLD too, if you pay attention to your taskbar you will see a windows notification saying that a Thrustmaster RS300 has been found and installed, if the windows notice says generic wheel found then you have to delete it and start all over again.
To check open the Thrustmaster control panel, if one of your listed Thrustmaster T300 is listed then all is good, if not.. start again
I forgot to add that the wheel must be plugged into a USB 2 and of course all the cables must be correct

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years