T300 Ferrari Alcantara Edition Questions

Hello
I'm considering buying my first proper racing wheel (I use a PS4 controller currently) and I've looked into a few options like the Logitech G29 and the Thrustmaster T300. From reviews I've seen that the G29 is great wheel but its lacking power and you will become used to the force feedback after a while. So the T300 sits at a great price point around £280-£330 depending on the variant, and I'd like to get a wheel that will last at least 2 years. I won't be racing that often, maybe a couple of hours a week (3-5Hours). The T300 Ferrari Alcantara edition is the one that's caught my attention as I can source one from Amazon for around £325 and it comes with a larger wheel and the T3PA pedal set, I may consider the TH8A shifter too. However I haven't heard great things about the T300, some say that they've never had an issue and others are on their fourth wheel. I came across a thread (https://www.isrtv.com/forums/topic/23316-4x-dead-t300rs-recurring-problem/) evolving a T300RS with an Alcantara playseat that was causing a static issue which destroyed the wheel, this made me wonder if the alcantara edition wheel has similar static issues?

Any advice from owners for things that should be done to ensure that the wheel doesn't die?
Any help will be appreciated
Thank You

My first T300 FA lasted about 18 months and then just turned itself off mid-race and never came back again. The warranty replacement got to about 11 months old then the fan started making a dreadful noise and then packed up so I replaced it with a Noctua and it's been fine since.

It's a great wheel, a definite step up from the G27/29 but the pedals aren't the best.

Upvote 0
I started with a G29 and after a few years upgraded to a T300 Ferrari Alcantara (still using it).
I have it for 1 and half years and one of the things that I add to change was the fan. Like ShinyAndy reported, it also started to make lots of noise and I ended up replacing it for a Noctua (lots of information on internet about this mod).
Until now, no more issues and it was a substantial upgrade from the G29. No regrets.

Upvote 0
@ShinyAndy @Pedro Azevedo88 The stock fan on my T300 is starting to die after ~20 months as well, it has become extremely loud, so I'm planning to replace it with a Noctua cooler, but if my infos are correct, the Noctua comes with a 3 pin connector by default, is that a problem in this case? Is it possible to connect it to the wheel's 2 pin connector, or I'll need some other modifications too?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Go for the T300. Its a much much inferior FFB experience. Just keep the fan always on when using it and you will avoid 90% of its known issues, which are all heat relates.

As for the fan. The stock fan has a different 2 pin connector to the usual pc fan. So when replacing the fan usually people cut the stock fan's cable and connect the new fan with this one.

Upvote 0
I didn't use an adaptor, I think I just pulled the pins out the old plug and slid the new pins in. Took a few minutes.

For reference, on my second wheel I changed to fan always on and it made zero difference to longevity

Upvote 0
Exactly, cooling is the best way to protect the servo. Whrn using forced cooling you have the extra benefit of knowing when your fan has stopped working from the moment you switch it on.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing